The Education Forum

Interesting interview, ABC news

4 minutes ago, Robert Harper said:

Well it seems Kirk is on a path to shame others through assumptions and bad information. Perhaps Mr. Gallaway should spend more time either researching the case or reading what others write in an objective way. Having a disposition to attack and misread aren't the most flattering traits.

No, Jim misread and misspoke and he admitted he was wrong.  I suggested some other ways we might be able to communicate better.

Ok, You're incensed by my response to you in another thread, and that's ok.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

In every article I have ever written, in every book I have ever published I have always cited sources for everything in the text.

The second edition of Destiny Betrayed has well over 2000 footnotes.

The JFK Assassination: The Evidence Today has 2000 footnotes. Figure it out, that is four to five references on each page.

Making a mistake in a scan of a thread does not mean I am wrong about something.

Now, is there anything in this thread that you asked me for a source on and I declined?  

What I would like to know is Mr. Hagger's sources.  He mentions elsewhere a book by a guy named Bill Weaver which is supposed to be about McLendon and Ruby.  Where is the book?  How does anyone get it? 

James, this is a tiresome exercise, isn't it? I created a thread on this Forum about that book and it was ignored. I tried to draw to it and I was told to shut up because no one was interested. I have however mentioned it from time to time on other threads. Look at the index and I am sure you will find that thread. Mervyn

Sir, it is tiresome because you will not tell us how to get the book.  

I looked on Amazon for the book by author's name.  There is  book there called Buying a Motel by Bill Weaver.  I do not think that is it.

Can you give us the title of the book and how to get it since you have appeared to have read it.  Then it will not be a tiresome exercise. It will be out in the open.

35 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Sir, it is tiresome because you will not tell us how to get the book.  

I looked on Amazon for the book by author's name.  There is  book there called Buying a Motel by Bill Weaver.  I do not think that is it.

Can you give us the title of the book and how to get it since you have appeared to have read it.  Then it will not be a tiresome exercise. It will be out in the open.

https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Double-Cross-Conspiracies-Kennedy/dp/1931823707

My review is at the bottom of the page.

Mr Hagger, you do know the book is almost two hundred dollars to buy from the dealer?

Do you really expect people to pay that much for what looks like a novelization?

Is there any other way to get it at a reasonable price?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Mr Hagger, you do know the book is almost two hundred dollars to buy from the dealer?

Do you really expect people to pay that much for what looks like a novelization?

Is there any other way to get it at a reasonable price?

James, you are correct, that is the price and I paid it to get a copy. See my lengthy explanation on another thread regarding this book. Do I expect you to buy it? Of course not. I bought it because I am investigating a thread begun by Weaver, and it is that thread that led me to this Forum. An academic friend of mine in England did find a copy for about $20, and that surprised me. However, the book is part of my investigation so it is all part of the cost of the investigation as far as I am concerned. The only reason I mentioned the book is to show how and why I joined this Forum. Mervyn

On 5/12/2018 at 9:10 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

k, You're incensed by my response to you in another thread, and that's ok.

I over reacted to your post on Jim and I apologize for the quick draw. I had just finished reading,  and responding  to,  a comment of yours  which I thought was a hit and run, and consequently I thought I was seeing a pattern. I'll be more careful next time.