The Education Forum

We ARE aware that RICHARD SNYDER was CIA - right?

While the CIA denies that OSWALD spoke to CIA agents at the US Embassy in Moscow...

He obviously did... and was handled by SNYDER in a manner to NOT allow him to defect... officially.

Strangely though, after reading about the time and effort in the late 40's (and again in 1970) to work for the CIA, he supposedly only works from Sept 59 thru Oct 60.

R i c h a rd Snyder was the Department of State consular officer on duty at the A m e r i c a n Embassy in Moscow when Lee Harvey Oswald appeared at the embassy to announce his defection on October 31, 1959. Though Snyder had briefly worked for the CIA in 1949 and 1950, the Review Board staff could locate no evidence in CIA files that he still had any connection to the CIA at the time of Oswald’s defection. CIA processed its 201 re c o rd on Snyder as part of the sequestered collection. The Review Board staff examined Snyder’s Office of Personnel file, but did not designate any records as assassination records   https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/review-board/report/arrb-final-report.pdf   p112

Do employees really ever LEAVE the CIA??

I'd imagine that the KGB was more interested in SNYDER to defect than to accept what Oswald was doing....

image.thumb.png.56939354777a86930f8551f0835a0eeb.png

I thought Snyder was named as CIA in Julius Mader's book which he did with help from Agee.

Also Greg Parker named him as part of Operation Redksin.

But this is good David.

Edited by James DiEugenio

It seemed as if I had known that but couldn't find reference on the forum...

Thanks...  

I always thought that most Embassy personnel overseas was Intel related....

I mean who goes to work for the CIA for 11 months and quits?

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

It seemed as if I had known that but couldn't find reference on the forum...

Thanks...  

I always thought that most Embassy personnel overseas was Intel related....

I mean who goes to work for the CIA for 11 months and "quits"?

Added quotation marks to your post Dave lol. I am so tired of the most amazing coincidences in this case....Seems like Priscilla Johnson was, more likely than not, a witting asset at the time (with LHO in Russia) as well. I literally (talk about coincidences...) just finished an audio of Rob Clark's show where he's speaking to Carmine Savastano, where Carmine reads from the documents themselves.

Well, they might quit, but not really.

Sort of like what Marchetti told me about David Phillips retiring to form ARIO.

He said, after his meeting with him about joining, "Well, Dave was retired, but he wasn't really retired.". 

Edited by James DiEugenio

• 5 years later...
On 5/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, James DiEugenio said:

I thought Snyder was named as CIA in Julius Mader's book which he did with help from Agee.

True enough. Apologies for the randomness of this reply.

mader-cia-snyder.png

On 5/16/2018 at 3:11 AM, David Josephs said:

While the CIA denies that OSWALD spoke to CIA agents at the US Embassy in Moscow...

He obviously did... and was handled by SNYDER in a manner to NOT allow him to defect... officially.

Strangely though, after reading about the time and effort in the late 40's (and again in 1970) to work for the CIA, he supposedly only works from Sept 59 thru Oct 60.

R i c h a rd Snyder was the Department of State consular officer on duty at the A m e r i c a n Embassy in Moscow when Lee Harvey Oswald appeared at the embassy to announce his defection on October 31, 1959. Though Snyder had briefly worked for the CIA in 1949 and 1950, the Review Board staff could locate no evidence in CIA files that he still had any connection to the CIA at the time of Oswald’s defection. CIA processed its 201 re c o rd on Snyder as part of the sequestered collection. The Review Board staff examined Snyder’s Office of Personnel file, but did not designate any records as assassination records   https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/review-board/report/arrb-final-report.pdf   p112

Do employees really ever LEAVE the CIA??

I'd imagine that the KGB was more interested in SNYDER to defect than to accept what Oswald was doing....

image.thumb.png.56939354777a86930f8551f0835a0eeb.png

Excellent work.

Anyway, it is standard practice to embed bona fide spies into diplomatic staff, so that they have diplomatic immunity. 

Even under the Geneva rules, it is legitimate for the host country to simply execute a spy. 

That also goes for soldiers found not fighting in uniform, on any battlefield. 

Yes, quite likely Snyder was CIA.