The Education Forum

Seymour Weitzman

Don Jeffries

5 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

This may be of some interest wrt this topic.  At the hotel parking lot in the morning after breakfast in Ft Worth:

“ [Norm] Bradford had found a spectacular location for creating an overview photo. “I went to the top of the Hotel Texas and made a shot [poor choice of words, considering the totality of Bradford’s comment] down on the parking lot across the street from the 14th floor of the Hotel. I’m still wondering why I wasn’t shot off the side of the building at that time. When I got up there and was shooting down, I just happened to glance around, and all I could see on all the roofs of the buildings around were yellow raincoats with people with high-powered rifles. There I was, standing on the 14th floor of the Hotel Texas, and not a soul, it was not protected, and it was not sealed off. I was very surprised.” (Richard Trask, Pictures of the Pain: Photography and the Assassination of President Kennedy, p. 329)

So who was on the roof? There is no documentation anywhere to suggest that the Secret Service requested any such additional security, or that such additional security was ever provided. The only such fact we have is the “Harry Weatherford atop the County Jail” story, and the only person to corroborate Weatherford was, of course, Weatherford. And he wasn’t polite about it at all.

Could they have been a team of assassins? Yeah, I know, far-fetched—but so is a group of people in yellow raincoats with high-powered rifles. There are two critical factors based on what we know from photographer Norm Bradford. The single most critical factor is that there was no such heavily armed guard atop the Hotel Texas. 

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book II: Death . Vigliano Books. Kindle Edition. 

Fascinating find BF.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic