The Education Forum

Oswald - the Imperfect Patsy

Tony Krome

1495500779_wantedfortreason.jpeg.a0a683be732f8e038e246efa1fcb027b.jpeg

How many of these posters were put up around Dallas, 5,000?

There's a good chance that Oswald, a man of the street and public transport, stopped to read one.

In reading that poster, you'd think the Oswald we've been told about and Kennedy would get along just fine.

Which brings me to the point of this topic : they select a patsy with no motive. This, combined with sketchy evidence, cover ups, untimely deaths and contradictions that ensued post-assassination, leads me to believe that Oswald was not their ideal or prime candidate on the day. 

A perfect operation would have left no room for doubt. Something went so wrong, they seemed to have "eaten one of their own" and were forced to utilise their fallback patsy in double quick time, then tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.

According to a familiar adage, “means, motive, and opportunity” are necessary to prove one's guilt in a criminal trial

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

Tony,

From the Warren Commission Report, page 298:

"Klause then arranged the halftone front and profile representations of President Kennedy at the top of the textual material he had received from Surrey so as to simulate a "man wanted" police placard. He then made a photographic printing plate of the picture. During the night, he and his wife surreptitiously printed approximately 5,000 copies on Lettercraft Printing Co. offset printing equipment without the knowledge of his employers. The next day he arranged with Surrey a meeting place, and delivered the handbills. Klause's charge for the printing of the handbills was, including expenses, $60."

Steve Thomas

12 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

During the night, he and his wife surreptitiously printed approximately 5,000 copies on Lettercraft Printing Co. offset printing equipment without the knowledge of his employers.

Steve

I've been in the printing trade since I was a young fella and we refer to the printing of unauthorised jobs as "foreigners".

Your excerpt from the WC reminds me of the handbills organised by Oswald in New Orleans ... both a Walker associate and Oswald involved in the production of propaganda materials just months apart .... hmmmm

3 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Which brings me to the point of this topic : they select a patsy with no motive. This, combined with sketchy evidence, cover ups, untimely deaths and contradictions that ensued post-assassination, leads me to believe that Oswald was not their ideal or prime candidate on the day. 

A perfect operation would have left no room for doubt. Something went so wrong, they seemed to have "eaten one of their own" and were forced to utilise their fallback patsy in double quick time, then tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.

With his trip to Russia, staged FPCC activities, and commie-loving history going all the way back to the Marine Corps, it was easy to paint the Russian-speaking Oswald as a commie with ties to Castro. The main object of the assassination was probably to provoke an invasion of Cuba, which LBJ may have prevented by ordering the cover-up.

Oswald’s ties to both the FBI and the CIA made G-men, especially J. Edgar Hoover, all too happy to enter full scale cover-up mode.

Russian-speaking Oswald had demonstrated that he would follow even difficult orders, critical in the days and hours before and immediately after the assassination. (He absolutely had to be in the right places at the right times to become a successful patsy.  And a patsy was absolutely critical for the plot to succeed.  Without one, the search for the plotters would have been relentless.)

The “Harvey and Lee” project  made it simple to send around a fellow who looked like Russian-speaking Oswald in the weeks prior to the hit to set him up as the assassin-to-be.  For example….

• The Sports Drome Rifle Range on Oct. 26, Nov. 9, Nov. 10, and again on Nov. 17, several times creating a scene and once shooting at another guy's target;
  • Morgan's Gun Shop in Fort Worth on Nov 2.
  • The Downtown Lincoln Mercury dealership also on Nov. 2 where he test drove a car at wrecklessly high speeds saying he would soon come into enough money to buy a new car.
  • The Irving Furniture Mart On Nov. 6 or 7 for a gun part where he was referred to the shop where Dial Ryder worked.
  • The Southland Hotel parking garage (Allright Parking Systems) on Nov. 15 to apply for a job and oh-so-subtly ask how high the Southland Building was and if it had a good view of downtown Dallas.
  • Hitchhiking on Nov. 20 on the R.L. Thornton Expressway while carrying a 4-foot long package wrapped in brown paper and introducing himself to Ralph Yates as “Lee Harvey Oswald.” He discussed the President's visit, wondered if you could shoot a president, and asked to be dropped across the street from the Texas School Book Depository (where Russian-speaking “Lee Harvey Oswald” was already at work).
  • The 1973 motion picture “Executive Action” with Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan does a great job showing how an “Oswald” look-alike traveled around Dallas in the weeks before the assassination doing many of the things listed above. 
Edited by Jim Hargrove

3 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Steve

I've been in the printing trade since I was a young fella and we refer to the printing of unauthorised jobs as "foreigners".

Your excerpt from the WC reminds me of the handbills organised by Oswald in New Orleans ... both a Walker associate and Oswald involved in the production of propaganda materials just months apart .... hmmmm

Oswald was never connected to printing the bills....  OSBORNE, though, is...

To which Walker associate do you refer? Tony.

whether there is an Osborne/Bowen connection here... IDK....

5a208f5dacf57_63-06-04FPCCreceiptwithMROSBORNElisted-OswaldMexico.jpg.e74f13b30e394c432886e0267a130e4a.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

37 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Oswald was never connected to printing the bills....  OSBORNE, though, is...

To which Walker associate do you refer? Tony.

whether there is an Osborne/Bowen connection here... IDK....

Where had I heard that ... Posner?

Walker associate - Robert Surrey

2 hours ago, David Josephs said:

??

Where had you heard what Tony?

I can see what happened now, when I commented about the printing of handbills, I meant that in a span of months, there was propaganda produced in New Orleans and in Dallas, but meaning they were separate unconnected events. I should have made that clearer and used the phrase "involved in the distribution" instead of "involved in the production". 

Getting back to the topic ... and I know that there has been many threads about Jack Lawrence, but I find the following interesting;

Emmett Hudson stated the following two things in reference to the man beside him on the steps;

1. In our conversation he talked about having a hard time finding a place to park.

2. He also talked about working somewhere over on Industrial Blvd.

Now compare the above two points to Jack Lawrence in respect to how he had been on the way to work and was forced to park his car near Dealey Plaza and the fact that he worked on Industrial / Commerce

1303682259_downtownlincolnmercurycommerceandindustrial.png.2f262e41fa6def12e1690412c63efaa3.png

We see the man next to Hudson running up the stairs. There were reports of Lawrence hurrying back to work on foot.

Edited by Tony Krome

• 4 weeks later...

Rich Pope said: I've always wondered why the car dealer allowed Oswald to test drive a car since he didn't have a driver's license.  Sounds a bit risky to me.

I don't think that was LHO.  I think it was an imposter.

15 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Rich Pope said: I've always wondered why the car dealer allowed Oswald to test drive a car since he didn't have a driver's license.  Sounds a bit risky to me.

I don't think that was LHO.  I think it was an imposter.

Pamela,

This sounds like the guy who showed a Texas Driver's License to Fred Moore when he wanted to buy a couple of beers at the Jiffy Store.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95645&search=%22Fred_Moore%22#relPageId=125&tab=page

Steve Thomas

Just now, Steve Thomas said:

Pamela,

This sounds like the guy who showed a Texas Driver's License to Fred Moore when he wanted to buy a couple of beers at the Jiffy Store.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95645&search="Fred_Moore"#relPageId=125&tab=page

Steve Thomas

When Oswald was in Russia during 1961 someone was using his name to buy Jeeps. I'm assuming that was tied to Bannister's operation in NO. Do you know if an Oswald ID was produced then?

3 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

When Oswald was in Russia during 1961 someone was using his name to buy Jeeps. I'm assuming that was tied to Bannister's operation in NO. Do you know if an Oswald ID was produced then?

John,

I guess you're referring to the Bolton Ford incident.  This is from AJ Weberman's Nodule 11:

AJ Weberman Nodule 11

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/weberman/nodule11.htm

The second to the last paragraph references CD 75 page 677. Here's a link to that FBI interview of Oscar Deslatte:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10477#relPageId=681&tab=page

It doesn't look like the person presented a drivers license.

BANISTER AND THE BOLTON FORD INCIDENT

On January 20, 1961, the FBI generated a report that was File #2-41, subject, FRANK ANTHONY STURGIS - Neutrality Matters. This file was withheld. On January 20, 1961, two members of Friends of Democratic Cuba attempted to purchase several pickup trucks from Oscar Deslatte of Bolton Ford. One of them used the name LEE OSWALD. The FBI reported: "On November 25, 1963, Mr. William A. Watson, Vice-President, Bolton Ford Company, New Orleans, telephonically advised his truck manager informed him that the Friends of Democratic Cuba had made a bid on a truck and that the bid was signed by OSWALD. Another name appeared on the bill and believed to be Joseph Moler. He stated all information would be available through his truck manager, Fred Sewell." [NARA 124-10248-10153]

FRED SEWELL

Fred Sewell told an investigator for Jim Garrison: "I think that Oscar Deslatte wrote that on there, LEE OSWALD, but he didn't use the name HARVEY, just LEE OSWALD if I remember right. Yes, it's been six years of course. He represented himself as LEE OSWALD. He's the man that spoke up and said, 'I'm the man handling the money. You ought to have my name too...I would say that the men were in there that I could see them maybe an hour...So then when the President was assassinated and the name came out, Oscar come in either the next morning or the morning after and said, "Say Fred, do you remember those two guys who was in here from Cuba trying to get some buses cheap? And I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'I think that one of those men was the one who killed the President.' I said, 'Aw, you're kidding.' and he said 'We've got a piece of paper around here somewhere with a bid on it.' He went and hauled that piece of paper out and then Oscar called the FBI...The FBI come down and picked it up with two pieces of plastic. They didn't even put their fingerprints on it. And slid these two pieces of plastic on each side of it and offered us a receipt for it and took it with them." Fred Sewell was asked by Jim Garrison: "In other words they expected to find fingerprints on it?" Sewell: "Yes, but I don't think the man ever touched it, really. We did, but I don't think he did. Then Oscar come to me and he said, 'I got some kind of Freedom or Free Democrats of Cuba' or something. He had a name for it. He come in my office and he said kind of contributing to Cuba. He said they want ten buses or they want to bid on ten buses. Do you want to give them a good deal on it? Well, I said, seeing that they're having a hard time down there let's make it $50 over cost for each one of them." [James L. Alcock to Garrison 5.2.67] The files of the New Orleans FBI Office do not show that Fred Sewell was ever interviewed in regard to the Bolton Ford Incident.

OSCAR DESLATTE

Oscar Deslatte, another employee of Bolton Ford, confirmed the report of Fred Sewell in a conversation with the FBI: "Joseph Moore," and an unidentified Cuban male, insisted Oscar Deslatte sell them trucks at cost because they would be used against Castro. Joseph Moore said he was an ex-Marine who was involved in training the invasion brigade. He wrote his name and bid on a piece of paper and handed it to Oscar Deslatte. Joseph Moore then asked Oscar Deslatte to return the slip, and changed the name on it to "OSWALD." OSWALD was in the Soviet Union in 1961. [WCD 75 p677; FBI 67-39565-66; FBI FOIA req. Banister 105-95587-1 p10] In 1979 the FBI released copies of the records of Oscar Deslatte. To see this tag double click here. [Bolton.JPEG] The words "Friends of Democratic Cuba" and "OSWALD" appeared. [Memo 5.9.67 To: Garrison From: Alcock.] The FBI ran a file check on Joseph Moore on January 9, 1968. Most of the serials were non-identifiable. Serials 25-20038, 26-24044, 162-436 were followed by question marks. Serial 88-6623 had nothing next to it. The rest of the serial were marked "Not Identifiable." [FBI New Orleans 89-69-3730]

HEMMING did not believe the Bolton Ford incident took place: "There's no logical connection at all. Nobody used any trucks during the Bay of Pigs. There were no xxxxing trucks. Maybe they were trying to con him. Sounds like some Cuban trying to get a deal. Never heard of Moore."

Steve Thomas

57 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

John,

I guess you're referring to the Bolton Ford incident.  This is from AJ Weberman's Nodule 11:

AJ Weberman Nodule 11

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/weberman/nodule11.htm

The second to the last paragraph references CD 75 page 677. Here's a link to that FBI interview of Oscar Deslatte:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10477#relPageId=681&tab=page

It doesn't look like the person presented a drivers license.

BANISTER AND THE BOLTON FORD INCIDENT

On January 20, 1961, the FBI generated a report that was File #2-41, subject, FRANK ANTHONY STURGIS - Neutrality Matters. This file was withheld. On January 20, 1961, two members of Friends of Democratic Cuba attempted to purchase several pickup trucks from Oscar Deslatte of Bolton Ford. One of them used the name LEE OSWALD. The FBI reported: "On November 25, 1963, Mr. William A. Watson, Vice-President, Bolton Ford Company, New Orleans, telephonically advised his truck manager informed him that the Friends of Democratic Cuba had made a bid on a truck and that the bid was signed by OSWALD. Another name appeared on the bill and believed to be Joseph Moler. He stated all information would be available through his truck manager, Fred Sewell." [NARA 124-10248-10153]

FRED SEWELL

Fred Sewell told an investigator for Jim Garrison: "I think that Oscar Deslatte wrote that on there, LEE OSWALD, but he didn't use the name HARVEY, just LEE OSWALD if I remember right. Yes, it's been six years of course. He represented himself as LEE OSWALD. He's the man that spoke up and said, 'I'm the man handling the money. You ought to have my name too...I would say that the men were in there that I could see them maybe an hour...So then when the President was assassinated and the name came out, Oscar come in either the next morning or the morning after and said, "Say Fred, do you remember those two guys who was in here from Cuba trying to get some buses cheap? And I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'I think that one of those men was the one who killed the President.' I said, 'Aw, you're kidding.' and he said 'We've got a piece of paper around here somewhere with a bid on it.' He went and hauled that piece of paper out and then Oscar called the FBI...The FBI come down and picked it up with two pieces of plastic. They didn't even put their fingerprints on it. And slid these two pieces of plastic on each side of it and offered us a receipt for it and took it with them." Fred Sewell was asked by Jim Garrison: "In other words they expected to find fingerprints on it?" Sewell: "Yes, but I don't think the man ever touched it, really. We did, but I don't think he did. Then Oscar come to me and he said, 'I got some kind of Freedom or Free Democrats of Cuba' or something. He had a name for it. He come in my office and he said kind of contributing to Cuba. He said they want ten buses or they want to bid on ten buses. Do you want to give them a good deal on it? Well, I said, seeing that they're having a hard time down there let's make it $50 over cost for each one of them." [James L. Alcock to Garrison 5.2.67] The files of the New Orleans FBI Office do not show that Fred Sewell was ever interviewed in regard to the Bolton Ford Incident.

OSCAR DESLATTE

Oscar Deslatte, another employee of Bolton Ford, confirmed the report of Fred Sewell in a conversation with the FBI: "Joseph Moore," and an unidentified Cuban male, insisted Oscar Deslatte sell them trucks at cost because they would be used against Castro. Joseph Moore said he was an ex-Marine who was involved in training the invasion brigade. He wrote his name and bid on a piece of paper and handed it to Oscar Deslatte. Joseph Moore then asked Oscar Deslatte to return the slip, and changed the name on it to "OSWALD." OSWALD was in the Soviet Union in 1961. [WCD 75 p677; FBI 67-39565-66; FBI FOIA req. Banister 105-95587-1 p10] In 1979 the FBI released copies of the records of Oscar Deslatte. To see this tag double click here. [Bolton.JPEG] The words "Friends of Democratic Cuba" and "OSWALD" appeared. [Memo 5.9.67 To: Garrison From: Alcock.] The FBI ran a file check on Joseph Moore on January 9, 1968. Most of the serials were non-identifiable. Serials 25-20038, 26-24044, 162-436 were followed by question marks. Serial 88-6623 had nothing next to it. The rest of the serial were marked "Not Identifiable." [FBI New Orleans 89-69-3730]

HEMMING did not believe the Bolton Ford incident took place: "There's no logical connection at all. Nobody used any trucks during the Bay of Pigs. There were no xxxxing trucks. Maybe they were trying to con him. Sounds like some Cuban trying to get a deal. Never heard of Moore."

Steve Thomas

Yeah that's it thanks. 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:43 AM, Tony Krome said:

1495500779_wantedfortreason.jpeg.a0a683be732f8e038e246efa1fcb027b.jpeg

There's a good chance that Oswald, a man of the street and public transport, stopped to read one.

In reading that poster, you'd think the Oswald we've been told about and Kennedy would get along just fine.

According to a familiar adage, “means, motive, and opportunity” are necessary to prove one's guilt in a criminal trial

Tony wrote: 'they select a patsy with no motive. This, combined with sketchy evidence, cover ups, untimely deaths and contradictions that ensued post-assassination, leads me to believe that Oswald was not their ideal or prime candidate on the day. "

In a 1999 interview with Barry Ernest, the late Harold Weisberg had some interesting things to say along those lines:

(Ernest) So this was well thought out in advance. This was not a last minute let’s-put-the-blame-on-Oswald deal?

(Weisberg)) That’s right. I think the basic understanding is, whether or not it is true, you’ve got to begin with the belief that the assassins were looking only for some lead time to get away. And once they had the rifle in the Depository that pointed to Oswald, that gave them some time. How were they able to do everything else? Who could have known, for example, what the number on Oswald’s rifle or pistol was [since he had ordered them under a false name]. They couldn’t. How did they know the rifle would point to Oswald?

(Ernest)This would have had to be planned out with amazing precision.

(Weisberg) I think that the planning was only for getting away. No body getting caught. After that, it was all improvised by the government.

(Ernest) The gun had to be in the Texas School Book Depository.

(Weisberg) That’s one of the things only a limited number of people would have known. It had to be there the night before.

(Ernest) They had to know Oswald wasn’t standing there talking with someone at the same time the shots were fired.

(Weisberg) Yeah. But they could have pointed to Oswald saying he was involved with somebody else. They could have picked him up as an accessory."

Note that Weisberg hurdled one of the primary objections to the "Prayer Man" theory, namely "Why would the conspirators allow the patsy to be in a position - the front stairs - where he could prove his innocence?"

Weisberg's ingenious answer: They (the conspirators) would "have pointed to Oswald saying he was involved with somebody else. They could (would!) have picked him up as an accessory" !!!