The Education Forum

Jeff Meek

Guest Bart Kamp

Jeff Meek has interviewed quite a few people important to the case.

I just uploaded an interview he has done with Mary Ferrel back in 1975.

But he also interviewed Hill, Curry and McDonald

Edited by Bart Kamp

Great interview of Officer M.N. McDonald.

A few thoughts that I will add too later on.

I'm struck by the life and death desperateness of Oswald when McDonald physically confronted him in his theater seat.

Oswald punches McDonald in his face and then draws his pistol and actually tries to shoot and kill McDonald on the spot. Oswald must have known that doing so would have resulted in his being shot and killed immediately by the other officers present.

It was a suicidal mind set on Oswald's part. Oswald barely escaped this fate, partly because McDonald somehow restrained himself from shooting Oswald during the scuffle even while he ( officer McDonald )  had his gun pressed right against Oswald's mid-section.

Oswald was acting so violently and knowing any second he would probably be blown away.

Oswald was clearly ready and expecting to die right then and there. Wonder why he went into this extreme all out kill and be killed mode? It was suicidal madness.

McDonald casually admits that Captain Fritz never took notes or had a tape recorder or stenographer present during his interrogations of suspected criminals. McDonald said this was Fritz's style forever.

Mind blowing.

Many times interrogation tapes can actually help suspects if they are being interrogated improperly or illegally. Not keeping any records of these interrogations is a violation of these suspects rights in many ways. An interrogator could abuse those rights under those circumstances.

McDonald said the DPD was the most honest of any big city police force "in the world."

Wonder if he felt that way in their involvement in the trial prosecution of blacks?

McDonald said he used to frequent Ruby's clubs and even visit with Ruby in a local coffee shop when out of uniform. Kind of a red flag there in the area of individual character and closeness to Ruby if you ask me.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I listened to the interview of Mary Ferrell in 1975 last night. Very interesting. I don't think I've ever heard her speak before, so it was a treat to listen to a true pioneer in JFK assassination research. There's an unfortunate dip in the audio about halfway through, but most of the interview is audible. The historical value is still worth it.

11 minutes in, Ferrell talks about an unidentified CIA agent and his friend being at Parkland. this vaguely rings a bell for me, but I don't remember any details of that reported encounter. Anyone else know more?

I didn't note the time in the video, but at one point Ferrell was talking about Oswald's first cousin Marilyn Dorothy Murrett possibly recruiting Oswald for the CIA, and that files on Murrett were still being kept secret (this being 12 years after the assassination). This detail about Oswald's cousin also something I seem to remember reading long before I was actively trying to study this case seriously, but I don't know much about this at all. Has anything more been learned about Marilyn Dorothy Murrett?

Ferrell interestingly describes Marguerite Oswald as "impossible" but also "truthful."

35 minutes in, Ferrell describes Agent Hosty as being on the extreme far right of the political spectrum.

Ferrell also talks about a WC executive session on January 27th where Allen Dulles was doubting a story about the FBI interviewing Oswald for two hours, but this was where the audio was dropping out and I didn't get the full gist of this particular story. I'd be interested in learning more.

Ferrell speaks about a particular rare edition of a newspaper that apparently mentioned a warning the FBI received in regards to a threat on Oswald's life. Later it seems someone wanted to drop this particular newspaper edition down the memory hole by buying up all the copies and getting rid of them.

Ferrell also makes a great point that is so obvious that it often gets missed entirely. If Oswald really delivered a note to the FBI with a bomb threat or some other threat of violent action, they would have arrested him, plain and simple. It's ridiculous to imagine someone doing something like that and not getting arrested. Ferrell theorizes that the note was more like Oswald threatening to tell his own superiors in D.C. about what Oswald saw as Hosty's harassment than an actual threat to blow anything up.

21 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

McDonald casually admits that Captain Fritz never took notes or had a tape recorder or stenographer present during his interrogations of suspected criminals. McDonald said this was Fritz's style forever.

Mind blowing.

Many times interrogation tapes helped the suspects if they were being interrogated improperly or illegally. Not keeping any records of these interrogations is a violation of these suspects rights in many ways. An interrogator could abuse those rights under those circumstances.

It is mind blowing. Not only is it a violation of the suspect's rights, I can't see how it could do anything at all but hinder an investigation as well as any potential prosecution. Were there no crimes in Dallas where more than one person was involved, or that had a suspect intent on lying? Investigators are going to want to ask for a suspect's story again and again and see if it changes. To identify and track inconsistencies in a suspect's story, you have to know what those inconsistencies are. How in the world is it possible to go out and accurately check the details of a suspect's story or alibi without having detailed notes... or any notes at all?

Denny, I just finished listening to the first 25 minutes of the Mary Farrell interview.

I have to finish listening to the entire interview in half hour intervals throughout today when I can find time to do so in between my daily duties.

Ms. Ferrell reminds me of Mae Brussell in her incredible commitment to research of the JFK assassination.

Just an incredible effort and feat on both of their parts.

These two women were fierce in this endeavor. 

They uncovered so much information it would be like taking on a graduate masters degree level course of study to examine even much of it in a serious and substantial way.

I will never come close to seeing and reading everything they discovered and documented, but in just short bursts of review, what I see is that the more they discovered, uncovered and reported, the more their information dots and puzzle pieces begin to connect and fit together to reveal a clearer picture of truths regarding not just the JFK event specifically, but many other purposely hidden ones as well.

However, I do not agree with Mary Ferrell's assessment on the RFK assassination nor her negative take on Jim Garrison's obsession with the CIA even though she later apologized to Garrison when she discovered he was right about Clay Shaw in this regards.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 4 months later...

Oswald punches McDonald in his face and then draws his pistol and actually tries to shoot and kill McDonald on the spot. Oswald must have known that doing so would have resulted in his being shot and killed immediately by the other officers present.

If indeed that's how it went down.  Oswald, instead, may have feared that he would have been executed-by-cop right there in his seat.  Why else yell that he was not resisting as he was being hustled out?