The Education Forum

Robert K. Tanenbaum

Do any of our members know where i can read/hear more about what his thoughts on the JFK assassination were and his time at the HSCA.  I believe Robert Grodin held him in high esteem whilst on the HSCA.

Many Thanks.

Mr. Tanenbaum testified about his experiences on the HSCA and his beliefs about the assassination at a Los Angeles ARRB hearing on September 17, 1996.  The ARRB's rather sloppy transcript of his testimony can be read on my website at the link below.

https://harveyandlee.net/Tan.html

His opening words were: "Good morning. You look at me in stunned silence. I'm here at the request of you to answer questions...."

Sprague and Tanenbaum had the only real official investigation of the assassination ever, started.  But the HSCA was sabotaged early on.  E.G., from a different angle, the CIA brought Joannides out of retirement to stonewall Hardway and Lopez. 

After further reading, listening and watching some video's he is featured in, Mr Tanenbaum was incredibly well placed for 6 months or so in trying to see where the evidence the FBI, Dallas PD and CIA files lead! He makes some strong statements that don't pull any punches regarding how government powers that be acted between 1963 and 1964 concerning the assassination and in the years after while being investigated.

So here is my question:    Its in two parts......

1. Do any of you believe that the following people in government employ at the CIA, FBI, Dallas PD and the Pentagon did NOT commit any crimes either prior to the assassination or in the following months and years after, as the assassination was being investigated by commissions and committee's convened by the President and the American Senate...... (Obstruction of Justice would be a main crime committed after the act). 

Hoover, Johnson, Dulles, Cabell, Helms, Harvey, Morales, Phillips, Katzenbach, Bundy, Wade, Fritz, Day, Tippit, Leavelle, Lemnitzer Lemay, Burke, Taylor Lansdale, Prouty

The entire group of Warren Commission members and its legal council J.Lee Rankin and all 14 assistant counsel: especially Ball, Belin, Specter, Jenner, Liebeler and Redlich.

2. With all of the information that has surfaced over the last 50 years why have none of the above people ever been charged with committing a crime, prosecuted or had any financial gains they made during the course of there government employment while committing said crimes seized?

These men were and still are traitors(i believe giving aide and comfort to the assassins and enemy of your President would be treason) ...in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Adam Johnson said:

These men were and still are traitors(i believe giving aide and comfort to the assassins and enemy of your President would be treason) ...in my opinion.

Treason doth never prosper? What's the Reason? 
For if it prosper none dare call it treason

4 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

1. Do any of you believe that the following people in government employ at the CIA, FBI, Dallas PD and the Pentagon did NOT commit any crimes either prior to the assassination or in the following months and years after, as the assassination was being investigated by commissions and committee's convened by the President and the American Senate...... (Obstruction of Justice would be a main crime committed after the act). 

Hoover, Johnson, Dulles, Cabell, Helms, Harvey, Morales, Phillips, Katzenbach, Bundy, Wade, Fritz, Day, Tippit, Leavelle, Lemnitzer Lemay, Burke, Taylor Lansdale, Prouty

The entire group of Warren Commission members and its legal council J.Lee Rankin and all 14 assistant counsel: especially Ball, Belin, Specter, Jenner, Liebeler and Redlich.

Prouty had nothing to do with any crimes - he helped write NSAM 263, then was sent to Antarctica and resigned shortly after returning.

Katzenbach wrote a memo based on Establishment conventional wisdom, informed by the FBI's hasty conclusions.

Tippit is suspicious but may have been following orders without understanding what exactly was happening.

Hi Jeff,

Here is my problem with Prouty as a Colonel in the military and working in the sensitive area's he did, how was he allowed by the military to disclose all of his actions and those of his superiors and sub ordinates regarding military operations post and pre assassination. He retired in 64 i believe, yet in 67 68 69 he was spilling his guts on sensitive matters to DA's and later journalists, writers and investigators. This man would have signed non disclosure forms as part of his commission and retirement. How was he allowed to reveal such information unless what he was divulging was sanctioned or false.

Compare his actions to those of the autopsy participants who had to sign 25 year non disclosure letters and faced court martial or prosecution if they talked. I'm not saying Prouty was a bad man, (He may have been a CIA.Pentagon dis info plant- I don't know) But the underlying question is how was he so blatantly allowed to say what he said without any repercussions from the Military or CIA.  

Katzenbach and his memo are proof the new administration advised LBJ to establish a commission who's objective was to obstruct justice. Pretty sure that's a criminal act, conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

Tippit, well may be Tippit was just not real bright, but the mans actions post assassination and prior his death are, as you say incredibly suspicious. Which to me means there is a very high percentage chance that his actions pre-assassination were illegal.....we just haven't pinned them down.

Tanenbaum spoke at the 2013 Wecht Conference. I believe that video can be online. I'm actually in it near the end, asking him a question. 

P.S. Unfortunately, Tanenbaum is one of those guys who relies entirely on his memories. As a result, some of those who rely upon the documents distrust him. (Not to be confusing, but to save myself some time as I'm heading out to dinner, but I seem to recall there being a dispute over how Tanenbaum confronted Phillips re Veciana. If I recall, Tanenbaum--a crime writer--presents this in a much more dramatic fashion than as presented by Fonzi, and the historical records. Perhaps someone more in the know can elaborate.) 

17 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

Hi Jeff,

Here is my problem with Prouty as a Colonel in the military and working in the sensitive area's he did, how was he allowed by the military to disclose all of his actions and those of his superiors and sub ordinates regarding military operations post and pre assassination. He retired in 64 i believe, yet in 67 68 69 he was spilling his guts on sensitive matters to DA's and later journalists, writers and investigators. This man would have signed non disclosure forms as part of his commission and retirement. How was he allowed to reveal such information unless what he was divulging was sanctioned or false.

Compare his actions to those of the autopsy participants who had to sign 25 year non disclosure letters and faced court martial or prosecution if they talked. I'm not saying Prouty was a bad man, (He may have been a CIA.Pentagon dis info plant- I don't know) But the underlying question is how was he so blatantly allowed to say what he said without any repercussions from the Military or CIA.  

Katzenbach and his memo are proof the new administration advised LBJ to establish a commission who's objective was to obstruct justice. Pretty sure that's a criminal act, conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

Tippit, well may be Tippit was just not real bright, but the mans actions post assassination and prior his death are, as you say incredibly suspicious. Which to me means there is a very high percentage chance that his actions pre-assassination were illegal.....we just haven't pinned them down.

I've wondered about Prouty's ability to say what he did without retribution before.  Wondered if maybe, if in the position he held as a Military - CIA liaison, if he might have known more than he said and had evidence of it, ready for release if he was harmed.  And, as long as he didn't go There, he was safe.  His interviews are fascinating and informative.

https://prouty.org/

Somebody needed to confront McAdams BS besides Jim D's debate.  Thanks for Len Osanic for keeping his website active since his death.

https://prouty.org/mcadams/