The Education Forum

Nixon and the federal assassinations

Guest Bart Kamp

This looks like the transcript of a magazine or newsletter article draft -- too bad the author ("Spears"?) is not conclusively identified. 

Some of this seems wrong-headed -- Alexander Butterfield (who revealed the existence of the Watergate tapes to the Committee) and Alexander Haig have been viewed foremost as Rockefeller proteges, part of the Rockefeller cabal that increasingly filled the Nixon administrations.  Some suggestions are tantalizing: why would Nelson Rockefeller find the vice-presidency too dangerous (unless Ford could have gotten him rubbed out for making attempts on his life)?  And why couldn't the Rockefellers control the CIA?  Typically, the Nixon resignation is seen as a Rockefeller-directed outcome.

It would be good to know which of these tossed-off allegations are rumor, which are well-founded rumor, and which are verified fsct.

Edited by David Andrews

It can be convincingly argued that the person who benefitted most from the JFK assassination, the MLK assassination, the RFK assassination, Chappaquiddick, and the shooting of George Wallace...was Richard Nixon.

What are the odds that this is all coincidence? I would think the odds of all these Nixon-benefitting events occurring unrelated is microscopic.

But you draw your own conclusions.

I think the only reason Nixon left Dallas before the assassination was because he couldn't shoot straight anyway.

Quoting Malcolm here:

Charles Spears was a Texan who called it like it is,he's not 100 per cent accurate but he is way more accurate than the Warren Commission...he was a letter writer to all and sundry...and many ended up being sent to the HSCA,I gathered up quite a few examples of which this is one
  •  

2 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Quoting Malcolm here:

Charles Spears was a Texan who called it like it is,he's not 100 per cent accurate but he is way more accurate than the Warren Commission...he was a letter writer to all and sundry...and many ended up being sent to the HSCA,I gathered up quite a few examples of which this is one
  •  

Dear Malcolm:

Send more Charles Spears.

Thanks,

DAVE

I think Richard Nixon knew something was in the pipeline regarding RFK's assassination.  Not that he initiated or organized it, but, that with his role with the CIA in the Eisenhower presidency, and his knowledge that he was the anointed one at the time by the power elite, he was informed of intentions on his behalf.  They didn't want another Kennedy in the presidency, much less one that would re open the investigation of his brothers death.

This is based in part, but not totally on statements in Lisa Pease book "A Lie Too Big to Fail".  John Meier was an accountant trusted by Howard Hughes since the 1950's.  Robert Maheu was CIA who quit and formed his own security agency (one never quits the agency, his company was a front).  He became head of security for the richest man in the world and they all worked out of Vegas in 1968.  Although Maheu also ran Bel Air Patrol in LA previously, employing Thane Cesar.

Lisa interviewed Meier once, then again later with David Talbot.  He read to them from his diary.

"June 1, 1968. At noon Bob Maheu called and told me to cancel my trip..." 

June 4 Maheu called in the morning and wanted me to call Don Nixon urgently and ask him to fly to Las Vegas to meet with Maheu on the 5th.  He wanted me to introduce them , as they had never met.  I left a message for Don Nixon... he called me at 11 A.M. and advised me he was very busy and not able to make the meeting on the 5th'.  

I called Maheu and when he heard Don was not coming out he told me to call Don back and have him call his Brother Again".  "CALL HIS BROTHER AGAIN."  His brother Richard Nixon, the Republican candidate for president.  Eisenhower's VP and CIA liaison.  The one defeated by JFK, and RFK, in 1960, barely, to the surprise of all.

"Don called me back and I gave him the message to call his brother Richard Nixon."

Early morning June 6, RFK had died earlier after being shot late on the 5th.  "Bob Maheu called to ask about the Don Nixon meeting and suggested 8:30 for breakfast at the Deseret Inn Country Club.  I went to the club.  Maheu was all smiles, and Don Nixon walks in all smiles.  What happened next had to be seen to be believed. They embraced each other and Don Nixon said "well that prik is dead", and Maheu said, it looks like your brother is in now, joking Mr. Vice President.

Don, call Dick.  Bob of the CIA said to.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Even  Bernstein & Woodward put a footnote into ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN

that they wondered if the Wallace shooting was not the ultimate dirty

trick by the Nixon administration.

One of the guilty pleasures of the Watergate tapes is hearing Nixon's phone calls to Colson and others about Dorothy Hunt and George Wallace, where Nixon goes [paraphrase] "Gee.  Huh!  Isn't that awful.  What a blow for the family."

Edited by David Andrews

Bumping this because I'm listening to Ray Locker on MWN about his earlier Nixon book.  Like to know more about the Haig book.  Some Haig talk in the podcast, linked below.

https://midnightwriternews.com/mwn-episode-037-nixons-gamble/

Also, Mae Brussell on Haig and Reagan:

https://midnightwriternews.com/mwn-episode-111-mae-brussell-on-alexander-haig-and-the-reagan-assassination-mwn-legends-series-9/

Edited by David Andrews