The Education Forum

Jack Valenti speaks

On 6/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Jack Valenti speaks

And whenever such occurs, you can be sure it's the narrative of those to whom he is indebted that he spouts. I doubt he said anything original in his life. Role model for future boot-lickers and sycophants of all kinds.

My thoughts exactly Robert.

5 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

And whenever such occurs, you can be sure it's the narrative of those to whom he is indebted that he spouts. I doubt he said anything original in his life. Role model for future boot-lickers and sycophants of all kinds.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Robert Harper said:

Valenti would slip up on occasion, and reveal a bit more than he probably should have. At one point, I immersed myself in every statement he'd ever made or written regarding the trip back from Dallas. He made two slip-ups, IMO.

1. He admitted Johnson's interest in flying back to DC with Mrs. K extended to the body of her husband, iow, that Johnson was determined to obtain control of Kennedy's body in the aftermath of the assassination.

2. He also admitted that Mrs. Johnson, not Mrs. Kennedy, spent much of the flight in the presidential bedroom. This completely guts one of Johnson's frequent claims--that he and Lady Bird made sure that their intrusion into the K's flight back to DC was not an inconvenience to Jackie's privacy, and that they left the bedroom to her. 

Edited by Pat Speer