The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

FBI offered Christopher Steele $1 million to prove dossier claims, senior FBI analyst testifies

Updated 8:22 PM EDT, Tue October 11, 2022-CNN

Huh? Russiagate gets fishier and fishier, and I smell a rat 

BTW, if I am a Russian asset, I want more money. I am giving away this commentary for free. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Indeed, Joe.

John Cotter and Chris Barnard have quoted Nietzsche, Goethe, and Carl Jung here, but they, obviously, don't understand how the social psychology concepts they referenced actually apply to American society today.

In reality, fear mongering and shared mass delusions are essential characteristics of America's Trump cult in 2022.

In contrast, we liberals don't belong to any organized political party-- we're Democrats.

True story.  I played golf today with an elderly gent who believes that Dr. Fauci, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and other Godless liberals will soon be destroyed in a kind of Rapture, while Trump is reinstated in the White House!

(Needless to say, I didn't tell the old guy that I'm a liberal Democrat.)  🤥

Trump came to power by fear mongering about Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and invading immigrants at the borders.

And the Republicans are currently fear mongering about almost everything before the elections-- crime, oil production, election fraud, "woke" liberals, the border, and what-have-you.

As for the current crisis in Ukraine, I'm still waiting for John, Chris, Mathew Koch, and other Putin apologists to answer a simple question.

Has Putin committed war crimes in Ukraine?

The only deflective response to my question all day was a post by Mathew Koch claiming that liberals were celebrating a "war crime" -- the demolition of the Kerch military supply bridge!  

Matt Allison isn't suffering from a mass delusion when he, appropriately, condemns Putin for committing war crimes in Ukraine.

That's reality.

William, 

Regarding your war crime question, you need to keep in mind the old saying, "The first casualty of war is the truth". And that applies to both sides, the Russians and the USA.

I condemn all war crimes, regardless of who commits them.

Edited by John Cotter

10 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Nietzsche and Goethe also understood this well, its been called everything from a sickness of the minds, to a mass psychosis. Dutch psychologist, Joost Meerloo wrote a great book about this called “The rape of the mind.” The persecution of witches is a great case study which shows how rational, educated, thinking human beings with all of the knowledge of the ancient Greeks could suddenly abandon critical thinking and revert to groupthink, herd instincts, and follow figures they perceive as higher in status than them, unquestioningly. The key ingredient to trigger this phenomenon is usually fear. It stops humans using the neo-cortex to think for themselves and has the masses reverting back to the amygdala, the older primitive part of the brain, that basic animals function with (fight, flight, feed, fornicate etc). Basic emotions rule their behaviour, mechanisms designed to help them survive. The sad part is; the masses can be out in this state at any time if enough fear is supplied. Afraid human beings will always position themselves at the centre of the herd, as their survival instincts tell them that its the safest place. The way the US is divided, the centre of the herd becomes the centre of party opinion (their tribe). I am sure you get all of this, John. I am mentioning it again for those in the gallery. The truth is; people in this psychosis will often only change their stance if a greater fear is supplied. You can’t reason with them, as entertaining opposing points of view would cause them a great deal of mental anguish. People like to think they have answers for everything, or a state that is protecting them, the concept that this isn’t true would destabilise them. 

Matt’s actions or behaviour is very typical and explained succinctly here. 

The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. An individual in a crowd is a grain of sand amid other grains of sand, which the wind stirs up at will.”

Gustave Le Bon 

Well said, Chris.

The problem seems to be that on both sides of the US political divide there are elements infected with “psychic contagion” or “mass formation” as Professor Mattias Desmet called it.

It’s probably the case that this division is deliberately fomented by or on behalf of the plutocracy by the mainstream media etc so that the few can control the many.

After all, neither the Democrats nor Republicans threaten the plutocracy. They both espouse “trickle down economics” as Ronald Reagan called it. It’s just that the Democrats are in favour of more trickling down.

The political debate should be about real democracy and the fundamental principle on which it’s based – (economic) equality – not about degrees of inequality and shades of plutocracy.

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The fear of Trump is so rational it's a guiding light in a dark delusional America right now.

Well known conservative Court Of Appeals judge J. Michael Luttig and so many others have warningly described Trump as "a clear and present danger" to our society. This stated to millions of Americans on live national TV.

If you don't fear someone like Donald Trump like Luttig and so many others, you are blind.

The point I am alluding to is that if William or anyone else is consumed by fear, then rational, logical thinking is highly unlikely, because the neo-cortex (rational logica brain) is bypassed in favour if the amygdala (emotional primitive brain). This is exactly how a people can be put into a fear psyhosis or mass psychosis. The longer the media propagates this, the longer people will stay in it. I’ll reply to William in a while when I get a moment address his comment. 

29 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Well said, Chris.

The problem seems to be that on both sides of the US political divide there are elements infected with “psychic contagion” or “mass formation” as Professor Mattias Desmet called it.

It’s probably the case that this division is deliberately fomented by or on behalf of the plutocracy by the mainstream media etc so that the few can control the many.

After all, neither the Democrats nor Republicans threaten the plutocracy. They both espouse “trickle down economics” as Ronald Reagan called it. It’s just that the Democrats are in favour of more trickling down.

The political debate should be about real democracy and the fundamental principle on which it’s based – (economic) equality – not about degrees of inequality and shades of plutocracy.

Its the way I see it also and its obvious when not consumed by the party and state. I have made the point here plenty of times that “divide & rule” strategy is being used on internal populations. Much like the British used in India during the colonial era, you split the country as many was as possible, exploiting divisions, the result is a country divided into tribes, consumed by their hatred and contempt for each other,  too distracted to see corruption or theft from the tax payer, a plutocracy funneling money into their own pockets. The British recognised that they didn’t have enough troops to rule a country with the population of India, with divide and rule they could accomplish their goals. A country without unity is one that will never stand up against corruption. This time, instead of religion being the issue, we have MSM agitating and whipping up hate, sorting society into these tribes. As long as the masses consent go this 4 yearly blue/red pantomime, and trusts their party whilst in power unquestioningly, then the country will be heading toward technocracy. Much of the issue actually starts in state schooling, we’re teaching kids what to think, not how to think. As a result you get an adult who can’t think for themselves. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Its the way I see it also and its obvious when not consumed by the party and state. I have made the point here plenty of times that “divide & rule” strategy is being used on internal populations. Much like the British used in India during the colonial era, you split the country as many was as possible, exploiting divisions, the result is a country divided into tribes, consumed by their hatred and contempt for each other,  too distracted to see corruption or theft from the tax payer, a plutocracy funneling money into their own pockets. The British recognised that they didn’t have enough troops to rule a country with the population of India, with divide and rule they could accomplish their goals. A country without unity is one that will never stand up against corruption. This time, instead of religion being the issue, we have MSM agitating and whipping up hate, sorting society into these tribes. As long as the masses consent go this 4 yearly blue/red pantomime, and trusts their party whilst in power unquestioningly, then the country will be heading toward technocracy. Much of the issue actually starts in state schooling, we’re teaching kids what to think, not how to think. As a result you get an adult who can’t think for themselves. 

Couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, John Cotter said:

Well said, Chris.

Dead wrong, John.  I already rebutted Chris's inaccurate "psychic contagion" post in relation to contemporary American politics. (See re-print.*)

Some of you guys have adopted Ben Coles' habit of ignoring specific rebuttals and re-posting the debunked theses.

IMO, if people take the time to respond to arguments here, you all should take the time to read the rebuttals.

Also, Democrats in the U.S. do not espouse Republican Trickle Down economics.

They voted against Trump's December 2017 Trickle Down tax cuts, and against the Bush/Cheney Trickle Down tax cuts in 2001 and 2003.

John Cotter and Chris Barnard have quoted Nietzsche, Goethe, and Carl Jung here, but they, obviously, don't understand how the social psychology concepts they referenced actually apply to American society today.

In reality, fear mongering and shared mass delusions are essential characteristics of America's Trump cult in 2022.

In contrast, we liberals don't belong to any organized political party-- we're Democrats.

True story.  I played golf today with an elderly gent who believes that Dr. Fauci, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and other Godless liberals will soon be destroyed in a kind of Rapture, while Trump is reinstated in the White House!

(Needless to say, I didn't tell the old guy that I'm a liberal Democrat.)  🤥

Trump came to power by fear mongering about Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and invading immigrants at the borders.

And the Republicans are currently fear mongering about almost everything before the elections-- crime, oil production, election fraud, "woke" liberals, the border, and what-have-you.

As for the current crisis in Ukraine, I'm still waiting for John, Chris, Mathew Koch, and other Putin apologists to answer a simple question.

Has Putin committed war crimes in Ukraine?

The only deflective response to my question all day was a post by Mathew Koch claiming that liberals were celebrating a "war crime" -- the demolition of the Kerch military supply bridge!  

Matt Allison isn't suffering from a mass delusion when he, appropriately, condemns Putin for committing war crimes in Ukraine.

That's reality.

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

And, as New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow correctly observed in 2017, "In Donald Trump's case, things always turn out to be even worse than we imagined."

Six years later, it's obvious that the psychiatrists were correct about Trump. 

He served as a compromised Russian asset, divided American society, took bribes from foreign and domestic billionaires, gutted the Environmental Protection Agency, withdrew from the Paris Climate Accords, tried to sabotage our healthcare system, mismanaged the Covid crisis by always trying to downplay it and using it for his own bragging gain, tried to use and pressure Ukraine in a shameless and illegal  effort to undermine his political opponent Joe Biden, reneged on his 1,000 times repeated promise to release his tax records which would have shown massive cheating and incited a violent attack on the U.S. Congress in an attempt to remain in power.

And even more outrageously Trump purposely allowed the violent attack on his own Capital building full of our entire Congress and his own Vice President (who were fearing for their lives ) to continue for 3 + hours! When he could have stopped it ten minutes in! And he ignored desperate pleas to do so from his own family and his staff and even his personal propagandist Sean Hannity!

Now he has stolen classified government documents, including identifying information about under cover intelligence assets-- many of whom have disappeared since January of 2021.

Meanwhile, Trump has continued to lie about losing the 2020 election-- fomenting ongoing discord, threats, and violence against public officials in the U.S.  He has also destroyed personal friendships and family relationships in the U.S.-- pitting brother against brother with his lies and manipulations of his cult followers.

Who is delusional here-- Trump's critics, or his cult members?

Multiply the Trump damage above by 10 as there are so many other areas of his extreme self-centered self-serving ego/sociopathic actions during and after his disastrous term that have turned our nation into a raging angry, divided, ready to brawl mess.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Former Harvard psychiatrist says Trump is untreatable …

Trump threat deniers and down players ... pull your reality fearing heads out of the sand and read this article.

13 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Answers:

1) War Crimes

Background

Even though the prohibition of certain behavior in the conduct of armed conflict can be traced back many centuries, the concept of war crimes developed particularly at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century, when international humanitarian law, also known as the law of armed conflict, was codified. The Hague Conventions adopted in 1899 and 1907 focus on the prohibition to warring parties to use certain means and methods of warfare. Several other related treaties have been adopted since then. In contrast, the Geneva Convention of 1864 and subsequent Geneva Conventions, notably the four 1949 Geneva Conventions and the two 1977 Additional Protocols, focus on the protection of persons not or no longer taking part in hostilities. Both Hague Law and Geneva Law identify several of the violations of its norms, though not all, as war crimes. However there is no one single document in international law that codifies all war crimes. Lists of war crimes can be found in both international humanitarian law and international criminal law treaties, as well as in international customary law. 

The 1949 Geneva Conventions have been ratified by all Member States of the United Nations, while the Additional Protocols and other international humanitarian law treaties have not yet reached the same level of acceptance. However, many of the rules contained in these treaties have been considered as part of customary law and, as such, are binding on all States (and other parties to the conflict), whether or not States have ratified the treaties themselves. In addition, many rules of customary international law apply in both international and non-international armed conflict, expanding in this way the protection afforded in non-international armed conflicts, which are regulated only by common article 3 of the four Geneva Conventions and Additional Protocol II.

Definition

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court 

Article 8
War Crimes

1. The Court shall have jurisdiction in respect of war crimes in particular when committed as part of a plan or policy or as part of a large-scale commission of such crimes. 
  2. For the purpose of this Statute, ‘war crimes’ means: 
    1. Grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, namely, any of the following acts against persons or property protected under the provisions of the relevant Geneva Convention: 
      1. Wilful killing
      2. Torture or inhuman treatment, including biological experiments; 
      3. Wilfully causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or health; 
      4. Extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly; 
      5. Compelling a prisoner of war or other protected person to serve in the forces of a hostile Power; 
      6. Wilfully depriving a prisoner of war or other protected person of the rights of fair and regular trial; 
      7. Unlawful deportation or transfer or unlawful confinement; 
      8. Taking of hostages.
    2. Other serious violations of the laws and customs applicable in international armed conflict, within the established framework of international law, namely, any of the following acts: 
      1. Intentionally directing attacks against the civilian population as such or against individual civilians not taking direct part in hostilities; 
      2. Intentionally directing attacks against civilian objects, that is, objects which are not military objectives; 
      3. Intentionally directing attacks against personnel, installations, material, units or vehicles involved in a humanitarian assistance or peacekeeping mission in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations, as long as they are entitled to the protection given to civilians or civilian objects under the international law of armed conflict; 
      4. Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated; 
      5. Attacking or bombarding, by whatever means, towns, villages, dwellings or buildings which are undefended and which are not military objectives; 
      6. Killing or wounding a combatant who, having laid down his arms or having no longer means of defence, has surrendered at discretion; 
      7. Making improper use of a flag of truce, of the flag or of the military insignia and uniform of the enemy or of the United Nations, as well as of the distinctive emblems of the Geneva Conventions, resulting in death or serious personal injury; 
      8. The transfer, directly or indirectly, by the Occupying Power of parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies, or the deportation or transfer of all or parts of the population of the occupied territory within or outside this territory; 
      9. Intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives; 
      10. Subjecting persons who are in the power of an adverse party to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are neither justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the person concerned nor carried out in his or her interest, and which cause death to or seriously endanger the health of such person or persons; 
      11. Killing or wounding treacherously individuals belonging to the hostile nation or army;
      12. Declaring that no quarter will be given; 
      13. Destroying or seizing the enemy's property unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war;
      14. Declaring abolished, suspended or inadmissible in a court of law the rights and actions of the nationals of the hostile party; 
      15. Compelling the nationals of the hostile party to take part in the operations of war directed against their own country, even if they were in the belligerent's service before the commencement of the war; 
      16. Pillaging a town or place, even when taken by assault; 
      17. Employing poison or poisoned weapons; 
      18. Employing asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and all analogous liquids, materials or devices; 
      19. Employing bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body, such as bullets with a hard envelope which does not entirely cover the core or is pierced with incisions; 
      20. Employing weapons, projectiles and material and methods of warfare which are of a nature to cause superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering or which are inherently indiscriminate in violation of the international law of armed conflict, provided that such weapons, projectiles and material and methods of warfare are the subject of a comprehensive prohibition and are included in an annex to this Statute, by an amendment in accordance with the relevant provisions set forth in articles 121 and 123; 
      21. Committing outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;
      22. Committing rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, as defined in article 7, paragraph 2 (f), enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence also constituting a grave breach of the Geneva Conventions; 
      23. Utilizing the presence of a civilian or other protected person to render certain points, areas or military forces immune from military operations; 
      24. Intentionally directing attacks against buildings, material, medical units and transport, and personnel using the distinctive emblems of the Geneva Conventions in conformity with international law; 
      25. Intentionally using starvation of civilians as a method of warfare by depriving them of objects indispensable to their survival, including wilfully impeding relief supplies as provided for under the Geneva Conventions; 
      26. Conscripting or enlisting children under the age of fifteen years into the national armed forces or using them to participate actively in hostilities. 
    3. In the case of an armed conflict not of an international character, serious violations of article 3 common to the four Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, namely, any of the following acts committed against persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention or any other cause: 
      1. Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; 
      2. Committing outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment; 
      3. Taking of hostages;
      4. The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgement pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all judicial guarantees which are generally recognized as indispensable. 
    4. Paragraph 2 (c) applies to armed conflicts not of an international character and thus does not apply to situations of internal disturbances and tensions, such as riots, isolated and sporadic acts of violence or other acts of a similar nature. 
    5. Other serious violations of the laws and customs applicable in armed conflicts not of an international character, within the established framework of international law, namely, any of the following acts: 
      1. Intentionally directing attacks against the civilian population as such or against individual civilians not taking direct part in hostilities; 
      2. Intentionally directing attacks against buildings, material, medical units and transport, and personnel using the distinctive emblems of the Geneva Conventions in conformity with international law; 
      3. Intentionally directing attacks against personnel, installations, material, units or vehicles involved in a humanitarian assistance or peacekeeping mission in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations, as long as they are entitled to the protection given to civilians or civilian objects under the international law of armed conflict; 
      4. Intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives; 
      5. Pillaging a town or place, even when taken by assault; 
      6. Committing rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, as defined in article 7, paragraph 2 (f), enforced sterilization, and any other form of sexual violence also constituting a serious violation of article 3 common to the four Geneva Conventions; 
      7. Conscripting or enlisting children under the age of fifteen years into armed forces or groups or using them to participate actively in hostilities; 
      8. Ordering the displacement of the civilian population for reasons related to the conflict, unless the security of the civilians involved or imperative military reasons so demand; 
      9. Killing or wounding treacherously a combatant adversary; 
      10. Declaring that no quarter will be given; 
      11. Subjecting persons who are in the power of another party to the conflict to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are neither justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the person concerned nor carried out in his or her interest, and which cause death to or seriously endanger the health of such person or persons; 
      12. Destroying or seizing the property of an adversary unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of the conflict; 
    6. Paragraph 2 (e) applies to armed conflicts not of an international character and thus does not apply to situations of internal disturbances and tensions, such as riots, isolated and sporadic acts of violence or other acts of a similar nature. It applies to armed conflicts that take place in the territory of a State when there is protracted armed conflict between governmental authorities and organized armed groups or between such groups. 
  3. Nothing in paragraph 2 (c) and (e) shall affect the responsibility of a Government to maintain or re-establish law and order in the State or to defend the unity and territorial integrity of the State, by all legitimate means.

Elements of the Crime

War crimes are those violations of international humanitarian law (treaty or customary law) that incur individual criminal responsibility under international law. As a result, and in contrast to the crimes of genocide and crimes against humanity, war crimes must always take place in the context of an armed conflict, either international or non-international.

What constitutes a war crime may differ, depending on whether an armed conflict is international or non-international. For example, Article 8 of the Rome Statute categorises war crimes as follows:

• Grave breaches of the 1949 Geneva Conventions, related to international armed conflict;
  • Other serious violations of the laws and customs applicable in international armed conflict;
  • Serious violations of Article 3 common to the four 1949 Geneva Conventions, related to armed conflict not of an international character;
  • Other serious violations of the laws and customs applicable in armed conflict not of an international character.

From a more substantive perspective, war crimes could be divided into: a) war crimes against persons requiring particular protection; b) war crimes against those providing humanitarian assistance and peacekeeping operations; c) war crimes against property and other rights; d) prohibited methods of warfare; and e) prohibited means of warfare. 

Some examples of prohibited acts include: murder; mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; taking of hostages; intentionally directing attacks against the civilian population; intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historical monuments or hospitals; pillaging; rape, sexual slavery, forced pregnancy or any other form of sexual violence; conscripting or enlisting children under the age of 15 years into armed forces or groups or using them to participate actively in hostilities.

War crimes contain two main elements: 

1. A contextual element: “the conduct took place in the context of and was associated with an international/non-international armed conflict”; 
  2. A mental element: intent and knowledge both with regards to the individual act and the contextual element.

In contrast to genocide and crimes against humanity, war crimes can be committed against a diversity of victims, either combatants or non-combatants, depending on the type of crime. In international armed conflicts, victims include wounded and sick members of armed forces in the field and at sea, prisoners of war and civilian persons. In the case of non-international armed conflicts, protection is afforded to persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed ‘hors de combat’ by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause. In both types of conflicts protection is also afforded to medical and religious personnel, humanitarian workers and civil defence staff.

2) I would expect that both sides have already committed war crimes in this conflict. War is a wicked business, where people do unimaginably cruel things to other human beings in the name of a their cause. This is why I’d seek peace and not a continuation or escalation of the conflict. The whole thing is a tragedy. 

@W. Niederhut did anyone really need to respond to your absolutely pointless questions? The answers were obvious and not surprising. 

13 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:
14 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Chris,

I'm a psychiatrist, and I was still practicing psychiatry during Trump's unexpected, fateful election to the U.S. Presidency in 2016.  Many people were shocked at the time, and rightfully so.  "Triggered" is an understatement.  It was especially difficult for black and Hispanic people I knew.  Hate crimes against minorities had increased in the U.S. as soon as Trump began denigrating them in 2016.

You are a psychiatrist with zero introspection and many blind spots in any debate when your own biases are involved. I have two good friends who are psychoanalysts, one friend who is a psychologist, and they all get this stuff. Perhaps the reason you don’t is because you are a victim of a fear psychosis?

Your ego and credentials don’t get you out of debate. You simply can’t say something is fact, of another thing is debunked, just because its your opinion. 

How has Trump / Republican fear impacted your thinking? Is it possible you could be under a mass psychosis? FYI you wouldn’t be unique, psychologists or psychiatrists are certainly not immune to very human behaviours.

The vibe for U.S. minorities was probably quite similar to the way Jewish people in Germany felt during the rise of the N-a-z-i Party in 1932.

And quite similar to the way people choosing not to have C19 V’s last year felt. A prejudice you went along with. Also citing your medical credentials as if your view must be fact. 

Most American psychiatrists were deeply concerned in 2016 to see a sociopath and toxic narcissist like Donald Trump ascend to the Presidency in 2016.   27 of them even published a scholarly anthology called, The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump.

Since we are working with facts. When you say “Most American Psychiatrists were deeply concerned...”. Could you please supply me with the data that made that true. I’d be interested to see how it was collated.

Six years later, it's obvious that the psychiatrists were correct about Trump.

You mean, some were and some weren’t right? 

Question: Is academia and the social sciences in particular overwhelmingly democrat voters in the states? 

He served as a compromised Russian asset, divided American society, took bribes from foreign and domestic billionaires, gutted the Environmental Protection Agency, withdrew from the Paris Climate Accords, tried to sabotage our healthcare system, and incited a violent attack on the U.S. Congress in an attempt to remain in power.

This is mindless commentary concerning him being a Russian asset on so many levels, William. When are you going to shake this cold war fear psychosis, when anyone can be called a commie and it sticks. Your disciple Matt is now convinced Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset too. It’s comical that you guys are taken in by it. I

On Trump corruption, I have been trying to tell you for two years that your whole system is rotten to its core, every politician has been doing whatever they can get away with. Are you really surprised at politicians taking bribes and having quid pro quo arrangements? You are outraged about this but, never when its your own party politicians. It makes you a hypocrite. 

Now he has stolen classified government documents, including identifying information about under cover intelligence assets-- many of whom have disappeared since January of 2021.

You’re just being the lyre bird again, mimicking whatever narrative MSM is spinning. Have you really even thought about the “why” behind this? 

Meanwhile, Trump has continued to lie about losing the 2020 election-- fomenting ongoing discord, threats, and violence against public officials in the U.S.  He has also destroyed personal friendships and family relationships in the U.S.-- pitting brother against brother with his lies and manipulations of his cult followers.

Phew, we agree he is divisive. 

Who is delusional here-- Trump's critics, or his cult members?

In some cases; clearly both. 🙂 

My impression is that many of you guys in the U.K. don't really understand who Trump is and how he has damaged American society.  

UK people have internet, American friends and all of the same news networks as you do via cable. The argument that because UK people don’t live there, that they can’t understand it, is not credible. Like Matt, you presume anybody not holding your distinct view most be an avid supporter, the opposition, is incorrect. As I’ve said repeatedly, I have no skin in the game. 

My psychiatric advice is to use what you have learned about mass delusions to better understand Trump, Putin, and their followers in the U.S. and Russian Federation.  You're, basically, misdiagnosing the Trump and Putin critics.

TBH William, I would refrain from giving out your psychiatric advice here. Mainly because it was you who believed the lone nut story about the JFK assassination, only to have one of your own psychiatric patients re-educate you on the matter and convince you of conspiracy. We’ve established you at times have a track record of being mistaken and being highly impressionable. I don’t think your analysis of Putin or anyone else is worth its salt. 

The sad part here is; you believe 9/11 was an inside job. You have read about the CIA’s mind control experiments, including hypnosis. You are right on the cusp of seeing the bigger picture, however, its tribal loyalty to the party that prevents you having a greater understanding. 

16 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

You are a psychiatrist with zero introspection and many blind spots in any debate when your own biases are involved. I have two good friends who are psychoanalysts, one friend who is a psychologist, and they all get this stuff. Perhaps the reason you don’t is because you are a victim of a fear psychosis?

Chris,

Please spare us from your absurd misdiagnoses.  In a nutshell, you have no real understanding of American history, politics, nor of the people whom you habitually insult here.

Rather than responding to your latest puerile, ad hominem drivel, I will simply refer people back to my commentary (above) about your misdiagnosis of the American political spectrum in relation to fear mongering and mass delusions.

As for my basic question about whether Putin has committed war crimes, it is entirely relevant to our opinions about U.S. and NATO interventions in Ukraine.

Suffice it to say that I remain puzzled by the prevalent denial of Putin's crimes against humanity, including the murders and incarcerations of his own people during the past 20 years.

The Crucial Difference in How Russia and Ukraine Wage War - The Atlantic (archive.ph)

No Paywall

Edited by W. Niederhut

From today's Washington Post:

A federal watchdog is investigating whether Florida improperly tapped coronavirus aid to fly migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, part of a widening government inquiry into states that put their pandemic dollars toward controversial immigration crackdowns.

The inspector general for the Treasury Department confirmed its new interest in a letter sent last week to Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and other members of Congress who had expressed concern that the