• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Leaving Houston International Airport for a flight to Fort Worth for the night, with a flight over to Dallas in the morning for an appointment with destiny.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'U. S. AIR'

Edited by Douglas Caddy

This has always been a solemn day for me, as long as I can remember.

Regards to all of our Education Forum members, and thanks to all of you for your research and writings about our President John F. Kennedy.

Memory eternal.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Democrats Give Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts An Ultimatum (msn.com)

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'll be on the road.  If anyone else wants to look in at 12:30 tell us what kind of crowd there is.

EarthCam - Dealey Plaza Cam

AT 12:55 pm (CT) there are about 50 to 60 people there.

5 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Democrats Give Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts An Ultimatum (msn.com)

AT 12:55 pm (CT) there are about 50 to 60 people there.

Thank you.  I was in a hurry when I posted the link.  It does show one X, but not the north side of the street/grassy knoll where the most people would have been.

I did come across this a few minutes ago from The Dallas Morning News.  I've not read any of the linked articles but the first may be "Sixth Floor Museum nods to Freudian psychoanalysis in new project examining Lee Harvey Oswald's mother".  Note the last article is "Reinventing Dealy Plaza". 

Here are our top stories on the JFK assassination and its aftermath (msn.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman

Lefty researchers..

does this mean the Supreme Court is compromised and needs to be expanded or not? 

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-donald-trump-business-john-roberts-congress-8ea516dace48875ad7c5dd472dd16dcf

Supreme Court OKs handover of Trump tax returns to Congress

Edited by Matthew Koch

On November 22, 1963, I was on the asphalt-covered playground at the old Corydon Grade School in Corydon, Indiana when I heard from a classmate, "President Kennedy's been shot!" All of us who heard this called my classmate a liar. But as we walked in line back to our 3rd-floor 4th grade classroom, we passed the principal's office and saw that he was watching the black-and-white TV on which we'd seen astronaut Gordon Cooper take the final Mercury flight barely six months earlier. The TV was rarely used, so we knew that something important must be happening. Not long after we returned to our classroom, Principal Art Crowley made the announcement:

"May I have your attention, please? The President is dead. I repeat, the President is dead...", his voice trailing off as if he was at a loss for words beyond the essential.

We were dismissed early from classes, and while riding the bus through downtown Corydon, I noticed a Civil Defense truck at the corner of Chestnut and Mulberry Streets, its driver talking on a 2-way radio. THAT scared me. When my dad got home and I told him about the CD trick, he explained that, at the time, no one knew whether the US was under attack by Russia of Cuba or somewhere else. So the Civil Defense crew was activated in case they needed to open the fallout shelter located under the 10-year-old high school.

I was glued to the TV until time for bed. Dad said, "This is history unfolding before your eyes." When I got up on Saturday morning, the usual cartoons on TV had been replaced by nonstop news coverage. Since my family preferred NBC, besides Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, I became familiar with the faces of John Chancellor and Dallas-area correspondent Tom Pettit.

On Sunday, we were just finishing our lunch of round steak and mashed potatoes when we witnessed the murder of Lee Oswald by Jack Ruby. It was at that point that nothing was adding up. Why did Ruby silence Oswald? To this day, I've never heard a satisfactory explanation 

On Monday there was no school, and we were again glued to the television for JFK's funeral. The parade of international leaders walking in the procession, DeGaulle and Adenauer, and so many others, drove home to me just how historic the assassination of John F. Kennedy actually was. And I have been seeking deeper answers to the questions that began in my 9-year-old mind that weekend ever since.

52 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

On November 22, 1963, I was on the asphalt-covered playground at the old Corydon Grade School in Corydon, Indiana when I heard from a classmate, "President Kennedy's been shot!" All of us who heard this called my classmate a xxxx. But as we walked in line back to our 3rd-floor 4th grade classroom, we passed the principal's office and saw that he was watching the black-and-white TV on which we'd seen astronaut Gordon Cooper take the final Mercury flight barely six months earlier. The TV was rarely used, so we knew that something important must be happening. Not long after we returned to our classroom, Principal Art Crowley made the announcement:

"May I have your attention, please? The President is dead. I repeat, the President is dead...", his voice trailing off as if he was at a loss for words beyond the essential.

We were dismissed early from classes, and while riding the bus through downtown Corydon, I noticed a Civil Defense truck at the corner of Chestnut and Mulberry Streets, its driver talking on a 2-way radio. THAT scared me. When my dad got home and I told him about the CD trick, he explained that, at the time, no one knew whether the US was under attack by Russia of Cuba or somewhere else. So the Civil Defense crew was activated in case they needed to open the fallout shelter located under the 10-year-old high school.

I was glued to the TV until time for bed. Dad said, "This is history unfolding before your eyes." When I got up on Saturday morning, the usual cartoons on TV had been replaced by nonstop news coverage. Since my family preferred NBC, besides Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, I became familiar with the faces of John Chancellor and Dallas-area correspondent Tom Pettit.

On Sunday, we were just finishing our lunch of round steak and mashed potatoes when we witnessed the murder of Lee Oswald by Jack Ruby. It was at that point that nothing was adding up. Why did Ruby silence Oswald? To this day, I've never heard a satisfactory explanation 

On Monday there was no school, and we were again glued to the television for JFK's funeral. The parade of international leaders walking in the procession, DeGaulle and Adenauer, and so many others, drove home to me just how historic the assassination of John F. Kennedy actually was. And I have been seeking deeper answers to the questions that began in my 9-year-old mind that weekend ever since.

Thanks for that poignant story well told, Mark.

Hats off to the JFKA research community. 

With far less resources than a typical large-city independent TV station, the JFKA research community has gotten the nation closer to the truth on 11/22 than the entire M$M, with a billions upon billions of dollars in assets.  

Some elements of the M$M, such as Life magazine and CBS, actively misled the public. 

I want to know the rest of the story. 

10 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Thanks for that poignant story well told, Mark.

Well told, indeed.

I was only six years old when President Kennedy was murdered, so my narrative of that day is more like something out of the first chapter of James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist, devoid of any meaningful world/historical context.

There wasn't a moo cow coming down the road, but I had walked home for lunch from school that day, since my family lived just two blocks from my grade school.  When I returned to school after lunch, I noticed that some joker had lowered the flag on the flagpole in front of our school.  The grounds were strangely deserted.

I grabbed the steel cable and started to raise the flag.   Then our principal, Mrs. Erickson, came walking out of the front door of the school and told me to leave the flag where it was and proceed to my classroom for an announcement from my teacher.

I mainly recall having a vague sense of gloom about President Kennedy's murder, and my mother crying while we watched the television coverage during the ensuing days, including the somber funeral procession.

2 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Lefty researchers..

does this mean the Supreme Court is compromised and needs to be expanded or not? 

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-donald-trump-business-john-roberts-congress-8ea516dace48875ad7c5dd472dd16dcf

Supreme Court OKs handover of Trump tax returns to Congress

The inspiration of Matthew's profile picture?

FILE PHOTO: Midterm elections night at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach

On 11/20/2022 at 8:20 PM, W. Niederhut said:

I'm saddened, but not surprised, to hear that an angry, paranoid white kid with an AR-15 murdered people at an LGBT nightclub in that right wing community.  

There has been a lot of anti-LGBT rhetoric, and legislation, in the MAGA-verse of late.

IMO, it's another manifestation of Trumplicon fascism-- the scapegoating and targeting of minority groups by a militant, nationalist political party.

😝

Oof

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/23/colorado-club-shooting-suspect-non-binary-attorneys-say

Colorado club shooting suspect is non-binary, attorneys say

The public defenders for the suspect in the mass shooting at a Colorado Springs LGBTQ nightclub said in a Tuesday night court filing obtained by the New York Times that their client is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

The top song from the billboard charts for 1963.  Which I imagine JFK heard as it was # 3 on their charts in August 63.  Was the devil Dulles?

Edited by Ron Bulman