The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The GOP MAGA Trump Cult seems to be getting even loonier lately.

Today, a speaker at CPAC was actually cheered after calling for transgender people to be "eradicated."

These Kochs ain't woke, y'all!  No siree, Bob!

And check out CPAC's greatest hits yesterday... 😲

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

As someone who subscribes to Orthodoxy (Traditional Catholic) I find it odd that someone who virtue signals that they are Orthodox would constantly advocate for things that are contradictory to Orthodoxy.. 

24 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

As someone who subscribes to Orthodoxy (Traditional Catholic) I find it odd that someone who virtue signals that they are Orthodox would constantly advocate for things that are contradictory to Orthodoxy.. 

Mathew,

One of my favorite Orthodox hagiographical stories is about the monk who was despised by some of the brethren for being less than circumspect, drinking too much wine, etc.  After his death, one of the monks had a dream in which they were astonished to see this lackadaisical monk in paradise.  They asked him how he had succeeded in reaching paradise, and he said, "I never judged anybody!"

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

So, no, I don't worship the so-called "Republican Jesus."  I don't even recognize "Republican Jesus" as the Christ.

Christ taught us that the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love our fellow human beings.

And, as St. John wrote in his epistle, "If a man hates his brother, how can the love of God be in him?"

Fickle Republican Jesus

35 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The trans issue is loved by both parties.

eh, I find that very debatable; I imagine a Google analytics search could settle the question.

36 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Inflammatory, divisive and off the main issues....

No doubt about that!

But I reckon only one of the 2 parties is gonna lose a bunch of elections because of their obsession with it...

15 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

@W. NiederhutGo reread Matthew 18:6 or Mark 9:42 and understand that it also applies to you.. 

Mathew,

C'mon, man.  Do you really imagine that we "liberals" condone child abuse?  Is this QAnon stuff, or what?

Heaven forbid!

What I am referring to (above) is compassion for our fellow human beings.

Human sexuality is a complex phenomenon, with biological and developmental determinants.

Pope Francis, himself, has admonished us to focus on compassion, rather than condemnation of others.

W.- What does the Bible say about those that are unkind to others in Jesus' name?

Edit: and a clarification, I'm obviously not referring to you, W.  I'm referring to those that have become known as "fake Christians".

Edited by Matt Allison

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

eh, I find that very debatable; I imagine a Google analytics search could settle the question.

No doubt about that!

But I reckon only one of the 2 parties is gonna lose a bunch of elections because of their obsession with it...

The voters will lose (again, and not either party) if elections are determined on the basis of religion, trans issues, gun rights, abortion and so on. 

Let's quibble about issues that have no resolution, while globalists wreck the domestic living standards and get the US entangled in endless wars....

12 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

W.- What does the Bible say about those that are unkind to others in Jesus' name?

Edit: and a clarification, I'm obviously not referring to you, W.  I'm referring to those that have become known as "fake Christians".

Matt,

Good question.  How about Isaiah 5:20?

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isa. 5:20.)

13 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Interesting "clarification".