The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

OH, and the "M$M," as you refer to them.

My news sources are The Associated Press, Reuters, and Axios, an online news aggregator. If you look at any chart on alleged media bias, these are three of the most neutral news sources available. I don't watch [or trust] CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, OAN, or any of those who lean too far left or right. I studied journalism in college. I know good journalism when I see it.

The vast majority of the mass media ain't it.

So you can kindly take your presuppositions about where I get my information and place them in a rather indelicate bodily orifice. But do it kindly; I'd rather that you not hurt yourself. I simply want your presuppositions to be found near material of similar composition.

Oh, and have a nice day.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

OH, and the "M$M," as you refer to them.

My news sources are The Associated Press, Reuters, and Axios, an online news aggregator. If you look at any chart on alleged media bias, these are three of the most neutral news sources available. I don't watch [or trust] CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, OAN, or any of those who lean too far left or right. I studied journalism in college. I know good journalism when I see it.

The vast majority of the mass media ain't it.

So you can kindly take your presuppositions about where I get my information and place them in a rather indelicate bodily orifice. But do it kindly; I'd rather that you not hurt yourself. I simply want your presuppositions to be found near material of similar composition.

Oh, and have a nice day.

"So you can kindly take your presuppositions about where I get my information and place them in a rather indelicate bodily orifice."--MK

Really? We can't have a discussion on the possible failings and inherent corruption of the Biden Administration, or on the feckless M$M...without this? 

So, we may disagree on some issues? Is personal invective the recourse? 

(Trump sure looks like he was a grifter...although let's let the courts decide. I disagree that Trump was a Deep State tool---one reason there was so much animosity in DC against him. This does not make a Trump a nice guy. In some ways, just a loose cannon.)

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

WaPo has now pulled this dubious story off their front page

In fact, there was no grand conspiracy on 1/6. 

There are charges (although I assume innocence until proven guilty in a court of law) filed against some members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Off the top of my head, I think about a dozen people have been formally charged. 

The PB and OK groups showed up unarmed on 1/6 at the Capitol, and are alleged to instigated initial breaches. 

There has not been the slightest whisper of connections between the PB and OK and the Trump White House.

No e-mails, texts, phone calls, letters, huddled conversations--despite a panopticon state that sees everything.  There ain't no there there. 

The US is a nation of 330 million, and has millions of men in uniform. 

The PB and OK leaders are probably properly charged; we will see what happens in court.

But the FBI likely has it right. 

I do not consider dozen unarmed men a "grand conspiracy" against a nation the size of the US. 

If you want to think about conspiracies, I wonder why the Capitol Police Department showed up light on 1/6, and then stood down.

Why was the Commander of the Civil Disturbance Unit at home making meatloaf the afternoon of 1/6? 

Stay skeptical. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

HEADS UP — “Career prosecutors have recommended against charging Rep. MATT GAETZ (R-Fla.) in a long-running sex-trafficking investigation — telling Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions with the two central witnesses,” WaPo’s Devlin Barrett reports

Ben: Trump seems like a grifter. Lets' the courts decide!

Ben jumps for joy for a chance to defend Matt Gaetz, he's had it with the infringement of his liberties that's being taken away by the deep state in America,so much  that it drove him to locate in Thailand where they don't thumb their nose at this "trafficking " sort of nonsense~right Ben?

heh heh heh heh  It's a joke, Ben!

Ben knows emphatically over and over what he thinks about Biden. and bores his audience to tears leaping up to his soap box with his repetitive  Biden diatribes..

And yet  Mr. defiant Perpetual Deep State Ben's , JFKA honed super sleuthing abilities just become impotent, as if struck by Kryptonite and he  freezes in his tracks, and  just can't make up his mind, and becomes a complete fence sitter about the prospect about Trump actually being a crook!

And  despite all of his  institutional deep state contempt, he  has adopted an attitude of  blind faith submission that the verdicts in the "deep state"courts will relieve him of any responsibility of delving any further into even thinking about Trump's possible guilt, and consigns that the courts will  be the final arbiter on everything,  and any acquittal of Donald Trump or Matt Gaetz will be like  "thy will be done" ( as in the OJ case!) and will lead him to run to his computer and post to his lifeline in America that  all this business about Donald Trump Matt Gaetz was just the "shadow government" aspect of the "deep state?"* persecuting poor Donald and Matt?

* I'm confused. I'm sorry, I've been busy lately Ben.. Did the "shadow government" battle and overtake the "deep state?"

All the sudden one day, Ben starts driving home the "shadow government".

It's kind of like the early days, when I first started hearing about Isis.

heh heh heh!

Skeptical enough for ya?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Ben,

At this point, there's simply no excuse for your persistent, willful ignorance about January 6th.

You have chosen to ignore the evidence.

No conspiracy?  C'mon, man.

What was the Eastman Memo?  The Willard Hotel "war room?"

What did Rudy Giuliani say to Cassidy Hutchinson about the impending J6 fireworks?

What was Trump's response to reports that his J6 mob was armed?

Why did Chris Miller and Charles Flynn block National Guard deployments to protect Congress?

Why did Mike Pence refuse to get in the limo?

Your claims about the lack of phone evidence are especially annoying in light of what we know about the illegal Secret Service and DHS text deletions and the blanks in Trump's J6 phone log.

46 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Your claims about the lack of phone evidence are especially annoying in light of what we know about the illegal Secret Service and DHS text deletions and the blanks in Trump's J6 phone log.

BTW, there is a another 1/6 hearing next week, and we will be getting more info on what the Secret Service was up to that day.

Looking forward to it! :)

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

At this point, there's simply no excuse for your persistent, willful ignorance about January 6th.

You have chosen to ignore the evidence.

No conspiracy?  C'mon, man.

What was the Eastman Memo?  The Willard Hotel "war room?"

What did Rudy Giuliani say to Cassidy Hutchinson about the impending J6 fireworks?

What was Trump's response to reports that his J6 mob was armed?

Why did Chris Miller and Charles Flynn block National Guard deployments to protect Congress?

Why did Mike Pence refuse to get in the limo?

W-

We just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Let's see what comes out in a court of law, when defendants have smart and aggressive counsel.

LHO looked guilty in 1964, per the Warren Commission, and nearly full phalanx of the M$M. The story unraveled, but only after time and effort. 

As for the Secret Service, they strike me more as Deep State apparatchiks, than Trump loyalists. The phone deletions (the extent of which is yet to be explained) happened under the watch of James Murphy, a 24-year veteran of the service---in other words, someone there well before Trump. 

After 24 years, Murphy became a Trump loyalist? BTW, to a person, almost everyone describes Trump as an unlikeable person. How did Trump convert the Secret Service into his private force? 

Are you sure the SS deletions would have revealed a plan to install Trump a second term? Why are you sure? That seems unlikely to me. My guess is the Deep State was eager to edge Trump out. 

Much else you reference is just not dispositive---a meeting in the Willard Hotel? People having meetings is not proof there were conspiring to unconstitutionally re-install Trump, or had the means to do so. 

There were in fact some last ditch reviews of dubious constitutional means to keep Trump in office--Eastman was a recognized constitutional scholar (I suspect he may have slipped a bolt or two). But in the end, Trump left. Thought crimes are not crimes (yet). 

I am still curious about the light Capital Police force on 1/6, after which they stood down. You mentioned the Secret Service---some contend the SS stood down on 11/22. So, there may be a precedent. 

Stay skeptical, and let's see what comes out in court. 

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I don't believe a word of that article, because there's no way anyone with actual knowledge in the DOJ  would ever talk to Devlin Barrett again.

This story ain't over. To be continued...

Matt:

You may be right, and new evidence will emerge that Gaetz (as an adult) had an underage girlfriend, and he drove across a state line.

But...could it not also be someone just wanted to smear and savage Gaetz? 

What is easier in today's world than to make sexual wrongdoing allegations about a high-profile male?

These are very often "he said, she said" scenarios, no witnesses. There can be the lure of possible cash settlements for the accusers. Maybe some celebrity. Job offers? 

There is no downside for the accusers. No one (or rarely) goes to prison for making a false accusation, as it nearly impossible to know if the allegation is false--no witnesses. 

Stay skeptical. It looks like Gaetz will not even be charged--and he is entitled to the presumption of innocence. At least I think so. 

Trump may be right that the U.S. would lose in a war with Russia. That is because he has given key U.S. Classified Documents to Putin as well as briefed him on America's military using information he got as president.

Donald Trump says 'stupid' Biden administration could trigger World War Three | Daily Mail Online

At last night's (9/23/22) Trump rally in North Carolina, "security" was discouraging people from giving Trump the one finger Q-Anon salute, telling people to lower their arms.

I can see why.

From a distance, it spookily looks for all the world like the poopoo salute.

The imagery will chill your bones.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Brooklyn’s library moves to slip books through red state bans

"A program has lent tens of thousands of e-books in places they're shelved."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/24/conservative-districts-banned-books-brooklyns-library-00057828

NEW YORK — "The front line of America’s culture war now runs straight through the nation’s school libraries — with conservatives in dozens of states outlawing books and instruction and the left working to shield targeted authors.

Far from the trenches in states like Florida and Texas, organizations in deep-blue New York are stepping into the fray by directly lending 25,000 books to non-residents since spring, including thousands of students living under the bans. The Brooklyn Public Library’s “Books Unbanned” program provides access to its eBook collection and learning databases for people between the ages of 13 and 21.

The library’s program is reaching into Oklahoma, which enacted some of the most sweeping laws last year to ban materials that might cause anyone to “feel discomfort, guilt, anguish or any other form of psychological distress” because of their race or gender identity."

"“The QR code has become — for lack of a better phrasing — it’s become a symbol of resistance locally in my state,” former Norman High School English teacher Summer Boismier said in an interview. She says she quit in protest, and her teaching license is now in jeopardy, after she provided the code to students."

"Back in Oklahoma, Boismier’s departure galvanized parents in the area to hand out flyers and T-shirts with the QR code that students are wearing to school."

"Texas is the epicenter of the nation’s classroom book bans, having nixed more texts this year than any other state, according to the Texas Tribune.

In October 2021, state GOP Rep. Matt Krause asked schools throughout the state if they have any of the roughly 850 books on a list that he compiled that focus on race and sexuality. Some school districts in Texas began removing those books.

Lone Star State parents can also temporarily remove their students from classes or activities they deem incompatible with their religious beliefs."

Long live the Resistance!

Steve Thomas

Yesterday, on Nicole Wallace's show that runs from daily 4pm to 6 pm on MSNBC, she interviewed Michael Cohen. It was one of the most riveting interviews that I have ever seen and was allowed to run uninterrupted for half an hour. There is too much if it to unpack here but I will highlight one thing that Cohen said that is relevant to today's news. He said that Trump would use the key classified documents as a get out of jail scheme by threatening to give these to Putin if he were indicted.  He did not say which documents he was talking about, but I assume it was the documents in the nine boxes that were clandestinely loaded on a plane in the middle of the night in Florida by Trump and taken to his Bedminster country club several months ago. 

The U.K. Daily Mail carries an article today (see my posting above) that quotes Trump saying the U.S. would lose in a war with Russia. He is implying a threat of action by him or confirming that he has already given Putin the nation's most important national security documents.

Putin may use soon nuclear weapons in the Ukraine knowing that if the U.S. retaliated in kind, America would discover our weapons have been compromised.

Whew! Doug!     The idea of using the key classified documents as a get out of jail scheme by threatening to give these to Putin if he were indicted is about is about as explosive as it can get! We can only hope that Michael Cohen is just speculating from what he knows in his decades in working for Trump. As it's been very apparent in his past interviews, that there's absolutely nothing he won't put beyond Trump!

I looked for that segment in the interview and I'm able to find only the first half. I assume you haven't been able to find it either, or you would have posted it. We'll be looking for that.Though it's of much lesser magnitude, I  thought Michael Cohen accounting his abuses at the hands of the Trump- William Barr DOJ is also worthy of comment. And I've posted it below.

It's the Donald Trump -William Barr "Deep state shadow government" that prosecuted Michael Cohen for paying off Stormy Daniels to the fullest extent,  to whitewash the fact that Donald Trump authorized those payments. Cohen was told even his wife would be threatened if he didn't sign a gag order immediately!

Unfortunately there's a lot of misinformation from the JFKA era, that leads people to think that there's a monolithic agenda to a present government "deep state" or "shadow government" . That was more true 60 years ago, in the days of JFK. But now the government is more malleable to the will of the Chief Executive, though it has a number of different agendas, some at cross purposes throughout different localities and regions.  

This thinking of the government of a 60's style monolithic deep state (tailored to whatever political prejudices people may hold) is harmful, as it's being used in general by the Corporate State to turn public opinion  to ultimately defund the government, and further disenfranchise the will of the great majority of people.

In reality, your only shot to dismantle or lessen the power of the Corporate State over your government is through the government itself, and your right to vote! 

However well intentioned  those that preach that there's a 60's monolithic government deep state may be, they have been duped into spreading the gospel of the Corporate Deep State.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway