The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

A friend of mine said, "There was a time when a politician, not wanting to offend anyone, would say he or she was 'against crime and pro-family.' Now the Democratic candidates cannot even say that!" 

Ben, Your friend sounds like a Fox News slave.I don't what kind of misplaced sentimentality lead to that statement..

The Republicans have always seized on the fear based crime issue. But crime has been steadily going down for decades with a slight pop up after the hard pandemic period. The Republicans tried to play that up in the 2022 mid terms, and guess what? It failed because people just aren't feeling it in their neighborhoods.

H.L. Mencken:----The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

Yes, And the pro family, and yet all the red states have higher crime rates, highest divorce rates, highest  unwanted and teen pregnancy, more drug addiction. But Fox News always assails the Democrats and the blacks for one parent families.

Ben: But allow government to run the show...you get the CCP/Beijing. Or some government-corporatist tosses you in jail as your speech is  "stochastic terrorism." 

How many years have you been away from the U.S. Ben? it seems you've forgotten life in the country of your origin. What danger even remotely does the U.S. have of adapting a CCP like government? That's sort of like Americans saying sensible gun legislation will lead to the confiscation of  all guns. It's just not going to happen. You're ignoring much of the cultural attributes of the nation you were brought up in. The balance, and the regulatory regime  has turned toward the corporate Capitalists so long, it's completely absurd now. The wealth inequality is unlike anything anybody imagined 40 years ago! So you're telling me the 'free markets" will take care of that?

The only way you're going to address any of these ills, including the globalism you've ranted about endlessly here for 2 years is through government. If you don't realize that, than nothing will change, at least because of you. How would it?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, Your friend sounds like a Fox News slave.I don't what kind of misplaced sentimentality lead to that statement..

The Republicans have always seized on the fear based crime issue. But crime has been steadily going down for decades with a slight pop up after the hard pandemic period. The Republicans tried to play that up in the 2022 mid terms, and guess what? It failed because people just aren't feeling it in their neighborhoods.

H.L. Mencken:----The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

Yes, And the pro family, and yet all the red states have higher crime rates, highest divorce rates, highest  unwanted and teen pregnancy, more drug addiction. But Fox News always assails the Democrats and the blacks for one parent families.

Ben: But allow government to run the show...you get the CCP/Beijing. Or some government-corporatist tosses you in jail as your speech is  "stochastic terrorism." 

How many years have you been away from the U.S. Ben? it seems you've forgotten life in the country of your origin. What danger even remotely does the U.S. have of adapting a CCP like government? That's sort of like Americans saying sensible gun legislation will lead to the confiscation of  all guns. It's just not going to happen. You're ignoring much of the cultural attributes of the nation you were brought up in. The balance, and the regulatory regime  has turned toward the corporate Capitalists so long, it's completely absurd now. The wealth inequality is unlike anything anybody imagined 40 years ago! So you're telling me the 'free markets" will take care of that?

The only way you're going to address any of these ills, including the globalism you've ranted about endlessly here for 2 years is through government. If you don't realize that, than nothing will change, at least because of you. How would it?

Actually, my friend grew up in Coatesville PA, his father in the steelworkers union, and was and is a lifelong Democrat. He does not watch Fox, but he is a wry sort. 

As for pinning hopes on government in large, Western nations...well maybe. 

The Donk leadership wants a globalized US economy, in terms of trade and migration. I do not see that ending well for anyone who works for living---about 160 million Americans---and it worked rottenly for the last 50 years. 

There are other problems--tight property zoning and too-heavy taxes on wages come to mind. 

So it goes....

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

What if....we are looking at this story backwards? 

It’s an entirely plausible thought, that Krypto could be used to funnel funding into either party, with us not knowing who the true sources are. What’s the background on this Blankerman chap? 

38 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

It’s an entirely plausible thought, that Krypto could be used to funnel funding into either party, with us not knowing who the true sources are. What’s the background on this Blankerman chap? 

Yes, whether Donk or 'Phant, the cost of campaigning has risen so high that the two parties likely long ago went past simple fundraising and into leveraging government authority to raise funds.  

Massage regs in the financial industry, allow someone to operate, give him or her cover when it melts down. 

Nixon raised money from the milk industry this way, and then from the Teamsters by promising to let Hoffa out of prison. LBJ raised money by charging for ads on his radio stations. So it goes. 

Just add a few zeros and some opacity to the modern grifting. 

"Bankman-Fried is vegan. He lives in a penthouse in the Bahamas with about 10 roommates." 

An unregulated financial operation, $10 billion in client money, based out of the Bahamas and Hong Kong and pouring money into the Donk Party? What could go wrong? 

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

In Blue States Democrats think they can become the other gender through "Science" aka surgery and hormones. You'd think that if you were going to cite liberalism as the natural way of life. Those things you mentioned would be better or not exist right? I've never seen people go into department stores and blatantly steal like that. I've never seen 911 nudists with children protest outside, also happens where you live, dude also hit Nancy Pelosi's husband with a hammer. 

Kirk I hope you get paid for regurgitating propaganda but I tend to think it's a byproduct of too much Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds.. 

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Covid, Ukraine, inflation, cost-of-living crisis - one manufactured crisis after another.

Edited by John Cotter

4 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Well, Chris, I'm, frankly, thrilled to hear that you and Ben are suddenly concerned about dark money and crime!

Better late than never.

Under the circumstances, it sounds like Ben will now be supporting Donk efforts to overturn the corrupt Citizens United ruling by the Republican SCOTUS-- not to mention the prosecution of America's Orange Criminal-in-Chief!

Among Trump's many crimes we can include Russian money laundering, sedition, treason, obstruction of justice, theft of government documents, and multi-billion dollar violations of the Emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution.

So, Ben's latest bizarre claim that "Donks refuse to talk about families and crime" is odd, indeed.

On the contrary, Donks have been talking about the Trump Crime family for years.

It's Ben and the Phants who have refused to talk about the Trump Crime family.

Donald will burn everything down' if Republicans turn their backs on him: Mary Trump

by Tom Boggioni November 13, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-burn-everything-down/

"Donald becomes his most dangerous when he fears loss of relevance when he fears that he is no longer the center of attention," she replied. "When he fears that he is no longer than one in control."

"We don't know just what kind of information he has on other people in his party," Trump, a psychologist, elaborated. "What we do know is he would be willing to use it. I believe we talked about this before the 2020 election. Donald will burn everything down if he feels like he is going down -- we cannot discount that, we ignore him at our peril."

Jan 6th anyone?

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, Chris, I'm, frankly, thrilled to hear that you and Ben are suddenly concerned about dark money and crime!

Better late than never.

Under the circumstances, it sounds like Ben will now be supporting Donk efforts to overturn the corrupt Citizens United ruling by the Republican SCOTUS-- not to mention the prosecution of America's Orange Criminal-in-Chief!

Among Trump's many crimes we can include Russian money laundering, sedition, treason, obstruction of justice, theft of government documents, and multi-billion dollar violations of the Emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution.

So, Ben's latest bizarre claim that "Donks refuse to talk about families and crime" is odd, indeed.

On the contrary, Donks have been talking about the Trump Crime family for years.

It's Ben and the Phants who have refused to talk about the Trump Crime family.

Hi William,

My concern hasn’t risen or fallen. I have long pointed out that these untaxed charitable foundations are used as mechanisms to bribe and buy influence. The crypto thing is just another. 

My comment wasn’t a slight on the dems specifically. Which is why I mentioned the opposition too. There is no need to be defensive at all. 

When Ben mentioned it, my mind instantly recalled the Jeffrey Epstein situation, a guy managing vast sums of money with almost zero acumen in that area. It made me wonder whether intelligence was involved and whether there was a money laundering element, or if that was a mechanism to do similar. Who knows, it just stinks.

You have an interest in 9/11 as an inside job conspiracy. Where did the $3.5 TRN go? What were the mechanisms used to spend it or make it disappear without a trace? 

All of this can be connected and relevant. I think the topic is valid for discussion. We had a remembrance lunch today and one of the Crypto guys knew all about the chap Ben mentioned and knew that digital currencies were regularly used to hide the source of the wealth being used for various things. IMO its quite thought provoking. 

16 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

There’s a difference equating the worst of American foreign with Hitler?

False dichotomy on your part.

Incorrect, again. You just didn’t understand what I was trying to say in relation to you ad hominem. 

16 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Which has nothing to do with what I wrote about Putin and Trump — points you appear incapable of addressing

You are entitled to your ‘opinion’, Cliff. Unfortunately, it just never is any more than that. 🙂 

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

A friend of mine said, "There was a time when a politician, not wanting to offend anyone, would say he or she was 'against crime and pro-family.' Now the Democratic candidates cannot even say that!" 

Of course Ben, you went off on your globalist rap and didn't even deal with point I was making.

This guy misses being spoon fed the same old political rhetoric about crime and some of the hypocrisy about family values?

Given your response, i probably should have abbreviated my response and said.

Your friend sounds really lame!

heh heh heh  

a joke!

11 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

When Ben mentioned it, my mind instantly recalled the Jeffrey Epstein situation, a guy managing vast sums of money with almost zero acumen in that area. It made me wonder whether intelligence was involved and whether there was a money laundering element, or if that was a mechanism to do similar. Who knows, it just stinks.

You have an interest in 9/11 as an inside job conspiracy. Where did the $3.5 TRN go? What were the mechanisms used to spend it or make it disappear without a trace? 

All of this can be connected and relevant. I think the topic is valid for discussion. We had a remembrance lunch today and one of the Crypto guys knew all about the chap Ben mentioned and knew that digital currencies were regularly used to hide the source of the wealth being used for various things. IMO its quite thought provoking. 

This podcast gets into the bigger topic of Grand Theft World via the same networks mentioned in Tragedy and Hope and the Anglo Establishment Establishment.