The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Speaking of Van the Man, John, I noticed that the great Irish actor/director, Kenneth Branagh, used Van Morrison's songs for the soundtrack in his recent, autobiographical film, Belfast.  Van's father was an avid collector of R&B records, which is how Van developed such a keen R&B sensibility during his childhood in Ireland.

(Incidentally, my wife and I saw Kenneth Branagh on the stage in London back in 1990, in his own production of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, with Emma Thompson.  Unfortunately, I didn't know who Branagh was at the time, but, fortunately, I saved my theatrical brochure.)

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Is Justice Alito the leaker from the court's opinions?

Former Anti-Abortion Leader Alleges Another Supreme Court Breach – DNyuz

From the article:

In early June 2014, an Ohio couple who were Mr. Schenck’s star donors shared a meal with Justice Alito and his wife, Martha-Ann. A day later, Gayle Wright, one of the pair, contacted Mr. Schenck, according to an email reviewed by The Times. “Rob, if you want some interesting news please call. No emails,” she wrote.

Mr. Schenck said Mrs. Wright told him that the decision would be favorable to Hobby Lobby, and that Justice Alito had written the majority opinion. Three weeks later, that’s exactly what happened. The court ruled, in a 5-4 vote, that requiring family-owned corporations to pay for insurance covering contraception violated their religious freedoms. The decision would have major implications for birth control access, President Barack Obama’s new health care law and corporations’ ability to claim religious rights.

Justice Alito, in a statement issued through the court’s spokeswoman, denied disclosing the decision. He said that he and his wife shared a “casual and purely social relationship” with the Wrights, and did not dispute that the two couples ate together on June 3, 2014. But the justice said that the “allegation that the Wrights were told the outcome of the decision in the Hobby Lobby case, or the authorship of the opinion of the Court, by me or my wife, is completely false.”

Edited by Douglas Caddy

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- UNDERSTATEMENT ON -

I don’t think things are going well at the World Cup.

- UNDERSTATEMENT OFF -

Steve Thomas

Forget the World Cup. Here's what's really important.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-europe-georgia-rugby-wales-cbc0346032e835a736796041207b32c8

CARDIFF, Wales (AP) — Georgia upset Wales 13-12 for the first time in rugby history on Saturday in Cardiff, only the Lelos’ second win against a tier one nation.

The one guy who I would never want to meet in a dark alley is a rugby player.

Those guys are the toughest people on the planet.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, John Cotter said:

I’m looking forward to seeing that film, William. Strangely enough, I’ve never been to Belfast, the second city of this small island. It must be partition, the “Troubles”, sectarian bigotry and all that exerting an unconscious centrifugal force. I love Van the Man’s early stuff. The sixties and early seventies were such a golden age in music and film, or maybe it’s just my age. Napoleon said, “Tell me what the world was like when the man was twenty and I’ll tell you what the man is like.

John,

My wife and I visited Belfast, briefly, in September of 1990.  We had taken a train up the Irish coast from Dublin to Belfast, and our train's departure was delayed in Dublin by a bomb threat!  Kind of creepy, but we boarded the train any way, and it was quite a scenic trip up the coast through Dundalk.   When we got to Belfast, we were driven through the city on a bus to the Belfast docks (to the ferry to Stranraer, Scotland.)   Belfast looked like a war zone-- barbed wire everywhere, and armored personnel carriers patrolling the streets.  Graffiti on a building said, "Brits Out!"  We were somewhat frightened.

As for Van Morrison, I've been a fan of his since the days of Brown Eyed Girl, and his terrific 1970 album, Moondance.

I'm also an Eric Clapton fan, despite the fact that Eric and Van are anti-vaxxers.  Nobody's perfect--with the possible exception of Dolly Parton.  🤥

Federal Judge Compares U.S. Capitol Rioters To Those In Thrall To Germany's Nazis

By Mary Papenfuss Nov 18, 2022

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/judge-reggie-walton-poopoo-germany-capitol-rioter-trump_n_63781373e4b0a97fec7cb4bf

“A federal judge on Friday raised the specter of poopoo Germany and Adolf Hitler as he noted similarities in the mindset of U.S. Capitol rioters mesmerized by a “demagogue.”

Senior U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton pointed to the chilling comparisons as he handed down a three-year sentence in his District of Columbia courtroom to rioter Dustin Thompson of Ohio, who had blamed Donald Trump for his involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol in the former president’s waning days in office.

Walton said he was struck that the college-educated Thompson fell into the “rabbit hole” of conspiracy theories and embraced lies spread by Trump that the 2020 presidential election had been rigged against him.

“We saw it happen in poopoo Germany. A very educated, intelligent population was able to be swayed to engage in the atrocities that took place in Germany based upon a demagogue,” Walton noted, according to Business Insider. “It seems to me you bought into that same type of mentality,” he added.

Walton called it “utterly scary that we still have millions of people ... still buying a lie that’s not based on anything other than someone who’s unhappy because they didn’t get what they want.” He was apparently referring to Trump, who was incensed over his loss of the popular vote and the Electoral College count.

"I think our democracy is in trouble because, unfortunately, we have charlatans like our former president, who doesn't, in my view, really care about democracy but only about power," Walton said. "And as a result of that, it's tearing this country apart."

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

As an unjabbed 68 year old, it was heartening to see Eric Clapton and of course Van the Man speaking out the against the covid authoritarian groupthink. Here’s what Robert F Kennedy Jnr said to Eric in the course of their conversation about it:

“You took the vaccine. You got hurt by the first one. You believe the propaganda. You took the second one, and you essentially got disabled. You spoke out about your injury and the whole world came down and gaslighted you and marginalized you and vilified you, because you got injured by that product. And here they come after you because you’re not allowed to talk about that. And that is the big problem. The way they’re coping with injuries from these vaccines is to pretend they don’t exist and to punish people who get injured and try to talk about it.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/rfk-jr-defender-robert-f-kennedy-eric-clapton-covid-vaccine-injury/

About a year ago, a long-standing member of the Irish national parliament (Dáil) and former government minister called upon the government to establish a redress scheme for vaccine injuries. I haven’t heard anything further about it.

The fact that a populist politician raised the issue indicates that a substantial number of his constituents have suffered vaccine injuries (I know a few myself).  Yet the problem is being pushed under the carpet or disguised as something else and “journalists” seem afraid to report on it for fear of being vilified by the use of such derogatory terms as anti vaxxers, mis/disinformation spreaders, far-right and fascists.

The covid so-called pandemic was really a pandemic of mass insanity.

18 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

As an unjabbed 68 year old, it was heartening to see Eric Clapton and of course Van the Man speaking out the against the covid authoritarian groupthink. Here’s what Robert F Kennedy Jnr said to Eric in the course of their conversation about it:

“You took the vaccine. You got hurt by the first one. You believe the propaganda. You took the second one, and you essentially got disabled. You spoke out about your injury and the whole world came down and gaslighted you and marginalized you and vilified you, because you got injured by that product. And here they come after you because you’re not allowed to talk about that. And that is the big problem. The way they’re coping with injuries from these vaccines is to pretend they don’t exist and to punish people who get injured and try to talk about it.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/rfk-jr-defender-robert-f-kennedy-eric-clapton-covid-vaccine-injury/

About a year ago, a long-standing member of the Irish national parliament (Dáil) and former government minister called upon the government to establish a redress scheme for vaccine injuries. I haven’t heard anything further about it.

The fact that a populist politician raised the issue indicates that a substantial number of his constituents have suffered vaccine injuries (I know a few myself).  Yet the problem is being pushed under the carpet or disguised as something else and “journalists” seem afraid to report on it for fear of being vilified by the use of such derogatory terms as anti vaxxers, mis/disinformation spreaders, far-right and fascists.

The covid so-called pandemic was really a pandemic of mass insanity.

I fully understand people who took the products, not wanting to think about it, as the result is them feeling neurotic. There needs to be justice here. Nothing replaces your health. The synergy between health bodies, government and pharmaceutical giants was a monumental corruption. Now there is apathy. But, people are shouting and screaming about things that are trivial on comparison. The pale in significance. The lies, deceit and coercion was a disgrace. The operant conditioning was so effective, it gave us a snapshot of what tyrants could do to society. I never truly understood the persecution of witches, until i saw a world population in a fear psychosis for two years.

Only one or two on the forum disparaged me and others for not complying, calling us “filthy rats”, dehumanising, in a way that echoed the dark days of the third reich . Explaining the psy-op was met with anger. 

What should be understood here is that, most people were duped. It takes people who actually have character and honour to hold their hands up.