The Education Forum

Was it really just a MOLE HUNT about "Oswald?"

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's review some of the evidence that, at the very same time one LHO attended Beauregard Junior High School in New Orleans, Louisiana, the other LHO attended Stripling Junior High School in Fort Worth, Texas.

Here’s one thing we can say: In a November 15, 1959 Fort Worth Star-Telegram story entitled “My Values Different, Defector Told Mother,” Marguerite was quoted as saying: "He quit school at 14 …. he quit in the eighth grade ….. but was so set on getting an education, he quit and returned three times." That, of course, hardly matches the WC record of Classic Oswald®  But it makes perfect sense if we understand that the Russian-speaking Oswald attended, and later quit, Stripling JHS, Warren Easton High School, and Arlington Heights High School.

We can also say, with absolute certainty, that in this 1997 interview, former Stripling student Fran Schubert said she watched LHO walk home across the street from Stripling to the duplex that once stood at 2220 Thomas Place, the same address where Marguerite Oswald was living on November 22, 1963.  What a coincidence!

We can also say that, in this 1997 interview, former Stripling School assistant principal Frank Kudlaty, who went on the become Superintendent of Schools for Waco Texas, said that he met two FBI agents at Stripling less than 24 hours after the assassination and handed over LHO’s Stripling records. 

We can also point to this additional evidence from the local daily newspaper that routinely covered Stripling School events.  In it's 2017 article presented online, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram said this:

"Teachers and classmates remember him as attending Stripling, though there is no official record.”

--2017 Fort Worth Star-Telegram article

There is MUCH MORE....

This 1959 Fort Worth Star-Telegram article indicates LHO attended Stripling.

This 1962 Fort Worth Star-Telegram article indicates LHO attended Stripling.

Published two days after the assassination of JFK, this Fort Worth Star-Telegram article reported: “He attended Stripling Junior High School and Arlington Heights High School before joining the Marines.”

In his 1964 Warren Commission testimony, Robert Oswald said that LHO attended Stripling School.

This May 11, 2002 Fort Worth Star-Telegram article indicated that “a boy walked to Stripling from a home nearby.  His mother was living in a home behind the school on Thomas Place by 1963, when the world learned the name Lee Harvey Oswald.”

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is and was hardly a hotbed of conspiracy theories.  Many of its articles make the assumption that LHO killed JFK.  But it is also the local paper that covered events at Stripling School, and one of the conclusions it clearly reached was that LHO was Stripling's "best-known" student.

3 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Question for Dr. Norwood:

Have you seen any long-hidden "Lee Harvey Oswald" documents lately, documents not included in any government archives?

Can you comment on your recent finds?

As difficult as it is to imagine, there is always the possibility that new documents may surface that touch on the life of Lee Harvey Oswald.  Through their kind assistance, a journalist in Fort Worth and a family in Texas have shared with me the "Application for Enlistment and Individual Data Card" signed by Lee Harvey Oswald on October 24, 1956.  This is a separate document from the official Marine enlistment certificate published in the Hearings and Exhibits of the Warren Report.   Below is a scan of the original document, which I do not believe has been published anywhere prior to this date:

IMG_5559.thumb.jpg.708fb536bdd1dd08a1e771b37055765c.jpg

You will notice on the line of the entry of the recruit's name that it was first typed as HARVEY LEE, then typed over as LEE HARVEY.  For those who have read John Armstrong's book Harvey and Lee, the number of occasions in which the names of "Lee Harvey" and "Harvey Lee" have been transposed in this case is mind-boggling, and the pattern continued right up to the day of the assassination. During the afternoon of November 22, 1963, Lieutenant Jack Revill of the Criminal Intelligence Section of the Dallas police met with an official of the Naval Intelligence in Dealey Plaza.  When Revill returned to Dallas police headquarters, he typed up a list of the names of employees of the Texas School Book Depository.  At the head of the list was the name HARVEY LEE OSWALD.

The second page of the data card will follow this post in a separate template.

Edited by James Norwood

James,

Congratulations on this stunning find!  

I’d be interested in hearing from anyone who has seen this document prior to Dr. Norwood’s posting above.

The first time I noted the “Harvey Lee” erasure was when David Josephs pointed it out yesterday in email.  I had missed it previously.  

The new docs will soon be on the Marines page of HarveyandLee.net, and John A. has pointed out that in answer to “52 (a)  ARE YOUR PARENTS LIVING?” the answer selected was “NO.”  (Isn’t this the same thing Lee HARVEY Oswald told the Soviets in a written statement made in the USSR?  Marguerite is listed, though, at the Collinwood address on the data card.)

For first beneficiary, John Pic is listed as a “stepbrother,” which he was clearly not.  He was LHO’s half brother.  John A. also wrote:

Why is SS handwritten instead of typed? Perhaps because Harvey did not know LEE's SS number ??
Look at #23, 1st page. Looks like "3 years" over-typed the previous entry.

Thanks again for this wonderful find!

16 hours ago, James Norwood said:

"Application for Enlistment and Individual Data Card" signed by Lee Harvey Oswald on October 24, 1956.

You will notice on the line of the entry of the recruit's name that it was first typed as HARVEY LEE, then typed over as LEE HARVEY

James,

Thank you for this. I have added it to my list of Harvey Lee Oswald references.

I am up to 40 such instances now.

Steve Thomas.

10 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have added it to my list of Harvey Lee Oswald references.

Steve,

Thanks for your note!  If you have taken the time to compile 40 examples of "Harvey Lee" references, that is an important research contribution. 

If possible, could you post them in list form on this thread or send them to me in a private message?

Many thanks,

James

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

The new docs will soon be on the Marines page of HarveyandLee.net, and John A. has pointed out that in answer to “52 (a)  ARE YOUR PARENTS LIVING?” the answer selected was “NO.”  (Isn’t this the same thing Lee HARVEY Oswald told the Soviets in a written statement made in the USSR? 

Jim,

And isn't it interesting that in several documents in the U.S.S.R three years later,, he gives his mother's name as Margaret instead of Marguerite?

On January 4, 1960, Lee Harvey Oswald applied for a non-citizen alien identity card. In the space for the names of relatives living abroad, he listed his mother, Margaret living at 3124 W. 5th. St. in Fort Worth. No brother is listed. Four photographs are provided.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&search="Harvey_Lee+Oswald"#relPageId=425&tab=page

(page 411)

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

16 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

James,

Thank you for this. I have added it to my list of Harvey Lee Oswald references.

Steve Thomas.

Steve,

I'd also like to see your latest compilation of the "Harvey Lee Oswald" list.  Would you be kind enough to post it here?

1 minute ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Steve,

I'd also like to see your latest compilation of the "Harvey Lee Oswald" list.  Would you be kind enough to post it here?

James and Jim,

I'll see if I can simply itemize them. It will take me a little while. The supporting documentation runs to about 43 pages now.

For James: A bunch of the citations appear in this Thread title:

Harvey Lee Oswald

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24392-harvey-lee-oswald/?tab=comments#comment-364061

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Thanks for the link, but it sounds like you have a whole lot more.  Whenever you have a chance to put together something relatively complete, I'd love to see it.

Is it still your theory that the "Harvey Lee Oswald" name started with the Soviets?

On 7/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Jim Hargrove said:

The 2017 FWST article merely says, without giving a date, “Teachers and classmates remember him as attending Stripling, though there is no official record.”

Jim,

I've been meaning to ask you about this for so long that now I'm wondering if I DID ask, but have since forgotten so! So please forgive me if I'm repeating myself.

The 2017 FWST article mentions that teachers and classmates remember that Oswald attended Stripling. Isn't it true that none of the other FWST articles mention this? If they don't, then the writer of that article must have had a non-FWST source and isn't just repeating something Robert might have told FWST.

That would support the notion that Stripling attendance was common knowledge. (Certainly moreso than supporting Oswald not attending Stripling. :lol:) I mean, while the author had to have asked around to find someone who knew about Stripling, he certainly wouldn't have busted his butt doing so. In other words, he didn't have to look that hard to find someone who knew about Oswald attending Stripling.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, James Norwood said:

[Jeremy], ....you are aware that on multiple occasions on this thread, I have clarified the exact testimony provided by Bobby Pitts, namely that he resided next door to Oswald on Thomas Place in Forth Worth in a location directly across from Stripling Junior High School.  While he was not a fellow student at Stripling, Pitts' recall is important for two reasons:  (1) he explicitly recalled Oswald living at 2220 Thomas Place and (2) the time frame was during the academic year 1954-55.  Those revelations are corroborated by other eyewitnesses.

Not to mention that, (3) by living across the street from Stripling Junior High, Oswald very likely attended that school. Regardless of the fact that Bobby Pitts didn't because he was in high school at the time.

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Steve,

Steve,

Add me to the list also.  Maybe the folks interested can help with a few extra reference if we can.