The Education Forum

Questions about the revolver.

I have a few questions regarding Oswald's revolver. I'd appreciate any help.

Which Dallas cop claimed to have taken bullets from LHO's pocket?

Was there an FBI report indicating the revolver had a bent firing pin?

Was there an FBI saying the revolver fired just fine?

3 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I have a few questions regarding Oswald's revolver. I'd appreciate any help.

Which Dallas cop claimed to have taken bullets from LHO's pocket?

Was there an FBI report indicating the revolver had a bent firing pin?

Was there an FBI saying the revolver fired just fine?

Regarding the bullets, are you referring specifically to the revolver bullets, or in general? There are also reports of Carcano bullets taken from his pockets. (not specifically Carcano I should add, but rifle)

Edited by Mark Stevens
ETA

CE 2709, p. 583 says:

“According to newspaper reports FBI firearms experts found the firing pin of
the gun reportedly taken from OSWALD so bent that it could not strike the ‘cap of
the bullet.’”

But I could have sworn there was a report that the revolver fired shots without problems.

3 hours ago, Mark Stevens said:

Regarding the bullets, are you referring specifically to the revolver bullets, or in general? There are also reports of Carcano bullets taken from his pockets. (not specifically Carcano I should add, but rifle)

Mark,

I'm interested only in the revolver that allegedly killed officer Tippit.

42 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Mark,

I'm interested only in the revolver that allegedly killed officer Tippit.

I have a lot of disjointed notes, but so far I can't find anything referencing who found CE 592. I do feel like I have something, I'll have to look tomorrow when I have more time. I have notes on "reports" regarding both the firing pin and firing the gun. I don't know if this is talk, news reports, actual reports, or testimony. I'll check more on that tomorrow.

I have around 2 terabytes of information, much of which I've just started to catalog better. It might be longer than tomorrow lol.

2 hours ago, Mark Stevens said:

I have a lot of disjointed notes, but so far I can't find anything referencing who found CE 592. I do feel like I have something, I'll have to look tomorrow when I have more time. I have notes on "reports" regarding both the firing pin and firing the gun. I don't know if this is talk, news reports, actual reports, or testimony. I'll check more on that tomorrow.

I have around 2 terabytes of information, much of which I've just started to catalog better. It might be longer than tomorrow lol.

Thanks Mark!

Bullets to the revolver were found in LHO's pockets at the station.

What makes this puzzling is that Jerry Hill, in a report to CBS news in 1967, said they did a fast frisk on Oswald at the theater and nothing was found.

Edited by James DiEugenio

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Bullets to the revolver were found in LHO's pockets at the station.

What makes this puzzling is the Jerry Hill, in a report to CBS news in 1967, said they did a fast frisk on Oswald at the theater and nothing was found.

Thanks Jim.

I did some searching for more information on Jerry Hill and the frisk, and got lucky with the following find:

On this page:

http://www.prayer-man.com/lee-harvey-oswalds-interrogations-in-a-nutshell/

is this paragraph:

"Before Oswald is talked to by Rose and Stovall he is frisked by Charles Truman Walker, who was present during his arrest at the Texas Theatre and is part of the group of policemen dropping Oswald off on the third floor of City Hall. He does not find anything in his pockets (page 25). Yet before Oswald’s first line-up with Helen Markham detectives Sims and Boyd find 5 bullets and a bus ticket in his pockets almost 2.5 hours later (page 83)."

("Page 83" refers to a PDF written by Bart Kamp, linked to on that page.)

So this confirms what Jim said (above). It was detectives Sims and Boyd who found the 5 bullets. This was after a prior frisk came up empty. So likely those bullets were planted, though probably only on paper.

Thanks Bart!

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

So this confirms what Jim said (above). It was detectives Sims and Boyd who found the 5 bullets. This was after a prior frisk came up empty.

This is standard procedure in the government's conspiracy playbook. For example, the Park Police frisked Vince Foster's body and found no car keys. Then voila, the keys were found in his pocket at the morgue.

They have things like this down to a science.

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2020 at 5:56 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

CE 2709, p. 583 says:

“According to newspaper reports FBI firearms experts found the firing pin of
the gun reportedly taken from OSWALD so bent that it could not strike the ‘cap of
the bullet.’”

But I could have sworn there was a report that the revolver fired shots without problems.

Jim, look in testimony of Cortlandt Cunningham in either Volume 2 or 3, I forget which, where he says that the handgun was fired around 100 times and it never misfired.

What if the firing pin WAS bent and was changed after the arrest ? When was the handgun sent to the FBI ? The 27th ? The 30th ? That's plenty of time to change a firing pin.

Then the DPD fired the shells with the new firing pin so the pin marks would match. Maybe that's why J.M.Poe couldn't find his mark on them and why it didn't misfire when the FBI test fired  it.

It certainly would make a lot of sense and connect some dots in the process. Just a thought.

Cunningham also testified that the so-called "hammer mark" on the "mis-fired" round wasn't made by the hammer of that handgun, or ANY handgun, meaning it was man-made.

Edited by Gil Jesus