The Education Forum

Vince Salandria Dead at 93

Rob Clark

Rest in Peace

A national treasure. Brave. Intelligent. He truly cared and he made a difference.

He had intelligence, class, humanity, decency, and to my mind he was a survivor. He saw the true horror that befell our country, not just the assassination, but this huge hoax that we're all supposed to just accept what is so obviously a lie and we're to pretend it's crazy to think otherwise. Mr. Salandria was having none of that.

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/FalseMystery/VJS-FonziInterview1966.html

Vince's wise words were as applicable in the late 1960s as they are today. I think of BLM in all the riots and murders happening when I read this:

"The power of intelligence agencies increases in direct proportion to the degree of sickness of a nation. A healthy and united people can localize the cancer of a power-usurping intelligence agency and eventually extirpate its malignant cells from the nation’s political life. Therefore, the intelligence apparatus which killed Kennedy has a need to keep our society in turmoil. It has — in order to maintain its power — to generate a high degree of chaos. Chaos is required to make a people willing to accept such strong medicine as is administered by the secret police in order to restore order and to stabilize a disintegrating society. It takes an acutely sick society to be able to accept as palatable the terrible cure — totalitarianism."

"For, although the military still looks to winning on foreign fronts the war against Communism, the super-slick non-ideological CIA sees the need to bring the war home. We must be alert to CIA agents who would promote the polarization of our society. We must examine the evidence which indicates that fake revolutionaries, who are inciting insurrection in our cities, have had their pockets and minds stuffed by the CIA."

I did not know until after I wrote that memorial that Vince's son Ernie died only about four months before he did.

I think that was his only son.

Here is a link to Len Osanic's over four hour commemoration of VInce's works dedicated to the JFK case.

Chris Sharrett, Marty Schotz, Gary Schoener and more.

Vince's only son, Ernest Anthony Salandria (Ernie), 60, of Cape May Court House, NJ, passed away on April 12, 2020. He was born and raised in Philadelphia, and graduated from Central High School (his dad's alma mater) in 1977.  Ernie's obit mentions that his family’s rich Italian heritage lead him to open Ernesto’s 1521 Café on Spruce St, a popular center city restaurant. He worked side-by-side with his extended family at the café, where the family’s recipes became legendary fare to his grateful patrons.  In later years, he traveled to Tuscany every August, accompanied by family and friends, fostering an appreciation of Tuscan cuisine as well as inspiring his collection of Barolo wines.  There has not been much published about Vince's death this past week in Philadelphia. Only that - Sunday a week ago - he collapsed and died of a heart attack while walking his dog.  

That is weird I think.

Vince lived in Philly his whole life.  He was a professional in both education and the law.

And yet, so little notice of the guy. Shame.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Yes, at least he got that. Len did  a nice job putting that together on short notice.

But I think so far its that and my memorial.  And little if anything else.

Shame.  He was an important person historical terms.