The Education Forum

Anna Marie Kuhns Walko

On 9/4/2020 at 3:12 AM, Richard Booth said:

Back in the 1990s I recall seeing on JFK Lancer a product listed as "Anna Marie Kuhns-Walko Collection" (or something similar) and this consisted of documents. 

JFK Lancer doesn't have this any longer.

On Black Op Radio episode #826, Jim DiEugenio mentions that this collection was also offered for sale in the pages of PROBE magazine.

I'm interested in this collection of documents and wonder if anyone out there knows where I might be able to find this today, or if anyone has a copy of this collection.

Here is a copy of one of the products that was on JFK Lancer in 1999 which may or may not be what I am looking for.

image.thumb.png.b762d90e8eeff06edbb0cfb1ea90d8a9.png

Specifically what I am interested in is a photograph that Jim talked about on Black Op Radio #821. This was said to be a photograph taken by someone in Dealey Plaza which was found located in a declassified file or at the National Archives, and this photograph is supposed to show a man running down the embankment (from Gnoll Area)

Jim said on BOR that this was a photograph of a man who looked identical to Lee Harvey Oswald, and is supposed to be a photo of him running down the embankment.

The suggestion that Jim made on BOR was that this is a photo of the same man that Roger Craig said he saw run down the embankment and get into a Nash Rambler station wagon and that Anna Marie had found it. 

I find the idea that a photograph was in a classified file, or otherwise was found in the archives, to be curious and interesting given most documents aren't photos and if a photo was in a file there might be a good reason for it to be there. 

Of course it is also interesting because it is supposed to depict Oswald which would of course be of interest to most of us. 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:14 AM, Richard Booth said:

I would not describe this as a person who looks like Oswald, I would say this is obviously a male who has dark hair and a receeding hairline whose features are indistinguishable from millions of other men with this clarity.

I absolutely would not describe this as "an Oswald double running down the embankment."

Sorry to bother you guys, this definitely was misrepresented on BOR. What was described was a person who could be identified who was running down the embankment, with the implication that it looked exactly like Oswald and could be construed to be a man heading towards a Nash rambler.

Insofar as Jim said that the photo confirmed Roger Craig's account -- which this does not do.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2020 at 5:00 AM, Richard Booth said:

Speaking of selling documents:

I spoke to Sherman Skolnik on the phone in the mid 90s (I was a teenager at the time) and he offered to send me some documents on Abraham Bolden for $10.  I didn't bite.

In my research on Oklahoma City I spent a couple years collating news reports on the case: Every news report on the OKC bombing of any value published between April 19th, 1995 and the present. This took many hours using several services, some paid, some not, to get all the clippings.

I took my clippings, and all of the court transcripts, FBI document, and ATF documents I had amassed over several years and I donated all of them to a website which put them all online for everyone. 

Though I spent many hundreds of hours gathering materials and even spent my own money to get what I needed, in the end, I wanted other students of the case to be able to access my research materials and that's why I donated them online. 

I never considered selling my documents. 

On the other hand, if I had spent 7 hours a day in NARA and spent hundreds of dollars on making copies, for several years, I can see a situation whereby selling a collection of the best things you got would be okay. Anna Marie spent hundreds of hours of her life doing this and selling collections for a small fee could have allowed her to recoup some of the money she spent making copies. Seems reasonable to me.

Ultimately if someone wants to sell documents that's their choice. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me and I'm not going to tell someone else what to do.

Question:

Why opt-out Oswald so fast concerning suit coat?

I have viewed hundreds of photos of Oswald with suit coat on. My viewing of this photo had many reasons: Roger Craig's statements, Gambler station wagon, Oswald look-alikes, etc.

Concerning documents selling:

I donated various documents to various JFK sites, these sites sold nicely and the funds went back into the organization's to help out. I never received monetary gains... AMKW

2 hours ago, Anna Maria Kuhns-Walko said:

Question:

I have viewed hundreds of photos of Oswald with suit coat on. My viewing of this photo had many reasons: Roger Craig's statements, Gambler station wagon, Oswald look-alikes, etc.

I donated various documents to various JFK sites, these sites sold nicely and the funds went back into the organization's to help out. I never received monetary gains... AMKW

Wow.  Great to see you post, for the first time in years mam.  If one reads the thread, I'd think Larry would appreciate your posting also.  Thank you for investing in the search for the truth. 

I hope your not offended by this, but your name has it stuck in my head the last couple of hours. Nothing personal.

16 hours ago, Anna Maria Kuhns-Walko said:

Question:

Wow ... AMKW - I am in the presence of heavy hitters.

I will say that I opted out quick because I was not convinced - AT ALL - by that picture. To me it could have been anyone and I thought "I cannot believe anyone would claim this is Oswald" 

Just my opinion.

Regarding documents I am pretty sure everyone knows none of us are making money off this case. For sure, it's not exactly lucrative.

Love your work you are an original and dedicated. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

Wow ... AMKW - I am in the presence of heavy hitters.

I will say that I opted out quick because I was not convinced - AT ALL - by that picture. To me it could have been anyone and I thought "I cannot believe anyone would claim this is Oswald" 

Just my opinion.

Regarding documents I am pretty sure everyone knows none of us are making money off this case. For sure, it's not exactly lucrative.

Love your work you are an original and dedicated. Thank you.

You should write a memoir, AMKW.

People like you and Malcolm Blunt have done so much actual work, hours spent in archives, it would be so interesting. One of the better JFK related books I have read in recent years was "The Girl on the Stairs" and it was largely interesting because it provided the reader with a front-row seat to a researcher's journey over the years. That was so appealing to me.