The Education Forum

Google and Censorship

I have to place this on this page since I think its bigger than its ostensible subject.

About three days ago, I wrote a brief article for Kennedys and King.com about the upcoming parole hearing for Sirhan.

I posted it on this forum in the RFK section.  Since it is dealing with a current topic--the hearing is in March--and since people have queried me about it and emailed me their letters, I decided to check on its popularity.

At Google, it is nowhere to be seen.  I thought that was odd.  So I went to Duck Duck Go Go.  When I queried the title,  it came up immediately in the top two.  Did the same with Bing, same result.

Makes me wonder, are we living in The Truman Show?  

Is Google really that rigged against people like us?  I mean I know all about Wikipedia. But now this? If so, Google has to go.  Break it up.

Edited by James DiEugenio

TBH as a relatively new person to this forum, I feel like many are blue pill’ers when it comes to this sort of thing. Which to me is bemusing as so much evidence of conspiracy is found by the same guys/girls when it comes to JFK, RFK etc. Why would it stop with 60’s political assassinations? 
i have observed the US election back and forth this year, why would many assume the Dems are the virtuous and the Reps the cheats or crooks. Thats blind loyalty. I am going somewhere with this; that is that the same tech giants that are hiding your article from search results or putting them so far down that nobody will see, are absolutely capable of manipulating an election either way, by choosing what audiences see and don’t see. 
The Corbett Report had the most popular video on youtube in regard to the federal reserve, explaining the origins of fractional reserve banking and money creation so a layman could understand. It was top search and then it just vanished from searches but, it’s still there on the authors page, you just can’t find it even if you type the exact title. There was nothIng factually incorrect about the video, it just didn’t make the FED look good. 
Some book sites have removed peoples audiobooks and refunded them, with no explanation. Clearly the books were fine for publication, or they never would have been available in the first place. 
Youtube, FB and Twitter have all just removed peoples accounts with no warnings, the only general explanation you get is that policy was broken, no laws were broken though. 
Essentially, where this is going is that big tech is shaping our thoughts an ideas, manipulatIng public discourse. Society is so reliant on google for results, it has lost the ability to critically think or research.

If the JFK assassination were last week, google would put any pro conspiracy articles or websites so many pages down in the search results that no member of the public would find them. People are lazy and nobody really goes past the first two pages. This is the future, you’ll only find what google wants you to find and with everything being digital, people will wish they had hard copy of books again. 

Platforms have removed Covid videos that challenge governmental policy on it, or challenge the medical press releases. Big tech has been doing that all year. We can’t even have an opinion now. We’re locked down and the one place we can have an open discussion with groups of people, we are censored.

It’s uncanny how we berated China for internet censorship, that’s the path we are taking, I even saw a BBC article propagandising the public, advising that as the way to go, as conspiracy theories are dangerous. This dystopia is not democracy. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is Google really that rigged against people like us?  I mean I know all about Wikipedia. But now this? If so, Google has to go.  Break it up.

Jim, something STRANGE happened on GOOGLE around 2016 or so. From 1998-2016, any time you put in "JFK Secret Service" or some variation of the same, much of my work came up. In fact, one could argue I was the "king" of anything related to President Kennedy and the Secret Service on the internet.

Then, sometime in 2016, NONE of my work comes up on the first or second page EXCEPT my brief mention in a Vanity Fair article!! Nada. I went from dominating Google to disappearing.

Interestingly, I used to also dominate the terms "Clint Hill". "Gerald Blaine" and "The Kennedy Detail." No longer--Hill, Blaine and his book have major websites that blot out anything else.

Just as 2013 saw the media close the case, ever since then, Google and company have done all they can to shut dissenting views out. I suspect HTML/java script codes have been encoded--along with algorithms---to wipe us out (example: if I write Secret Service JFK, perhaps there is a code that cancels me out now).

Interesting item about Lisa McCubbin, Clint Hill's girlfriend and co-author of all his books + Blaine:

In July of 2001, Lisa gave up her broadcasting career to move with her family to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where her husband was being transferred by his company. Who would have guessed that just two months later, on September 11, nineteen Arab terrorists would change the world.

A graduate of Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, Ms. McCubbin has been a television news anchor and reporter, hosted her own radio talk show, and spent six years in the Middle East as a freelance journalist in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Doha, Qatar.Later, as the Saudi government came under increasing Western media scrutiny, the Saudi Minister of Foreign Investment hired Lisa McCubbin as a media consultant to train leading business people and members of the Saudi government to deal with the Western press---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Vince Palamara

14 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Jim, something STRANGE happened on GOOGLE around 2016 or so. From 1998-2016, any time you put in "JFK Secret Service" or some variation of the same, much of my work came up. In fact, one could argue I was the "king" of anything related to President Kennedy and the Secret Service on the internet.

Then, sometime in 2016, NONE of my work comes up on the first or second page EXCEPT my brief mention in a Vanity Fair article!! Nada. I went from dominating Google to disappearing.

Interestingly, I used to also dominate the terms "Clint Hill". "Gerald Blaine" and "The Kennedy Detail." No longer--Hill, Blaine and his book have major websites that blot out anything else.

Just as 2013 saw the media close the case, ever since then, Google and company have done all they can to shut dissenting views out. I suspect HTML/java script codes have been encoded--along with algorithms---to wipe us out (example: if I write Secret Service JFK, perhaps there is a code that cancels me out now).

Interesting item about Lisa McCubbin, Clint Hill's girlfriend and co-author of all his books + Blaine:

In July of 2001, Lisa gave up her broadcasting career to move with her family to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where her husband was being transferred by his company. Who would have guessed that just two months later, on September 11, nineteen Arab terrorists would change the world.

A graduate of Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, Ms. McCubbin has been a television news anchor and reporter, hosted her own radio talk show, and spent six years in the Middle East as a freelance journalist in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Doha, Qatar.Later, as the Saudi government came under increasing Western media scrutiny, the Saudi Minister of Foreign Investment hired Lisa McCubbin as a media consultant to train leading business people and members of the Saudi government to deal with the Western press---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not strange. Google has their own personal guild of butthurt gremlins being paid a penny a year to add trigger words to their list.

Continuing on what I wrote above: back in 2009-2014, Blaine, McCubbin and their friends would intermittently write me, expressing their disapproval of something I posted. I cannot help but feel that they had something to do with me disappearing from Google. There is another weird item going on now--if you Google Vince Palamara now, a person's face comes up that is NOT mine: it is former Secret Service agent Tony Sherman, a colleague of Blaine and Hill. AND, when you click on his photo, you are directed to a C-SPAN video of Hill and Blaine-!!!

1 minute ago, Micah Mileto said:

It's not strange. Google has their own personal guild of butthurt gremlins being paid a penny a year to add trigger words to their list.

True.

In fact---didn't Lisa McCubbin herself complain about a big thread about her background that was posted here a number of years ago (it contained newspaper articles about her, her Middle East connections, etc.)? She must have because it disappeared.

Edited by Vince Palamara

Thanks for that Vince and Chris.  I agree that Corbett does good work.

I guess I am not alone then.

That is pretty bad what they did to you Vince.

I should really get rid of Chrome then and use either BIng or Duck Duck Go Go as my default.

I really hope they break up Google now.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Interestingly enough, DARPA also had a project almost identical to Facebook. DARPA ended this project the day before Facebook was created. Make of that what you will, it could just be coincidence. 🤷‍♂️

I know for a fact, Mr. DiEugenio, about a decade ago, I read an addendum, omitted from Jim Hougan's 1984 book "Secret Agenda: Watergate, Deep Throat, and the CIA", that stated, quite plainly, that JM/WAVE officer Edwin Paul Wilson was running a sexual blackmail operation against members of the United States Senate and the Congress, and that these operations were apart of an even larger international Central Intelligence Agency operation against political operatives, businessmen & men of the cloth, who were in need of being brought into the CIA's fold.

In that same online codicil, I read that the larger sexual blackmail project originated in the Belgium stay-behind commando operations created by Major General Sir Stewart Graham Menzies and the Italian stay-behind operations run by Theodore George "Ted" Shackley Jr. & that Shackley had some strategic insight to the forces behind the now infamous "Dutroux Affair" and how those pedophile networks were connected to the CIA blackmail operations during the "Cold War".

My memory of reading that article was jogged about a year ago when the whole Jeffrey Epstein episode kicked-off.

I cannot find that article anymore on Google's search engines, or any other search engine for what it's worth.

I distinctly remember it being an incomplete portion of an interview between Jim Hougan and Francis E. Terpil.

Google is the end result of DARPA scientist William Hermann Godel's and Saigon Embassy Minister Edward Geary Lansdale's computer-based "Project AGILE" high-value target identification "Subproject V" program for the "hunter-killer" teams that operated within the Civil Operations and Rural Development Support-run Provincial Reconnaissance Unit, which was later renamed "ARPANET".

It can be argued that the Internet as we know it, started out in Godel and Lansdale's "Combat Development and Test Center and the Vietcong Motivation and Morale Project", which conducted some of the most heinous and vile torture and interrogation experiments against Indochinese civilians, a joint CIA — United States military operation that was later known as Phoenix Program, which was overseen by Robert William "Blowtorch Bob" Komer and William Egan Colby...

I have often considered that the "look-alikes" that surrounded Lee Harvey Oswald and James Earl Ray may have been selected in a "Project Agile" related subproject computer server. 

Potentially though the Bundesnachrichtendienst's ZR/OARLOCK computer server program?

Purportedly, William H. Godel also oversaw all Civil Air Transport operations in South Vietnam for the better part of half of the 1960's.

Considering David William Ferrie was aide to the National Commander of the Civil Air Patrol by personal order of USAF Brig. Gen. Stephen Davenport McElroy (himself commander of the Ground Electronics Engineering-Installation Agency with Headquarters at Griffiss Air Force Base, N.Y. in 1964), I personally find the idea more than a sight possibility...

Edited by Robert Montenegro

I guess I am going to have to study DARPA  more.

Especially now that I see its overall impact.

29 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I guess I am going to have to study DARPA more.

On that note, Mr. DiEugenio, I would highly recommend the book "Surveillance Valley: The Secret Military History of the Internet" by Yasha Levine.

It goes into deep detail about the original use of the "ARPANET" in Vietnam.

To think, Edward Geary Lansdale used it as computer program to strategically target and assassinate thousands of innocent human beings by building electronic "meta-data" dossiers on them (kind of like modern day social media does).

And Department of the Navy Deputy Director of the Office of Special Operations William Hermann Godel, apparently used the same computer network to traffic tons of narcotics out of Indochina on Civil Air Transport aircraft & Sea Supply Corp. ships.  

Edited by Robert Montenegro

IMO this is this is the best way to combat censorship - teaching the fact that people need to be taught HOW to think instead of WHAT to think. Take this to the literal extreme - "HOW to think" is NOT a pretentious dressed up way of saying "WHAT to think". I think it is wrong to blame the promoters of misinformation for the prevalence of misinformation. Do not blame the anti-vaxxer for the popularity of anti-vaxx information. When you see an argument in a forum thread, and one of the users links to a secondary source that is obviously biased - do not make fun of them for "believing" fake news. People need to understand the "two-step" process for fat-checking. First of all, it is literally impossible for a single person to know an objective fact. Their knowledge is only as good as their source. It takes more information to prove ONE fact than there is room in th ehuman mind to recall information. Even if we posit something obvious, like "the sky is blue", we can never prove that to be 100% reality because someone could just argue "how do you know you aren't a brain in a jar being fooled into thinking the sky is blue?". It's like the speed of light - if the speed of light were the objective truth of reality, it would only be possible for a single person to get to 99.9999etc. percent. The blind spots in a person's knowledge could just be a confidence trick. There's a story is a person being hypnotized into thinking a $100 piece of monopoly money is a $25,000 check. A person holds the monopoly money up to their eyes and says "don't you see where it says $100?" and the subject insists "No! It's a $25,000 check!".

When somebody is seeking information about a controversial subject matter in history, I think the easiest way to research would be to start with an obviously-biased source. Then, they should try their best to fact check that biased source. BEWARE of sources that claim to be unbiased, like "encyclopedia" websites or "historical journals". THAT is the confidence trick. NOBODY can do the fact-checking for you, any one single source should only be considered 99.999% convincing MAXIMUM.

I have no reason to think this is too much to ask of people. People should have a healthy sense of what they know, what they don't know, and what nobody knows.

Edited by Micah Mileto