The Education Forum

The first "missed shot"

58 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

As the motorcade made the turn from Houston to Elm Street, they’d just gone a few feet when the first shot rang out.

Nearly everyone misses the significance of what what Rosemary said.  They always focus on where the shots came from and try to put them in some perspective with the witnesses or the Z film.  Folks never think or ask where was the p. limo.  Rosemary and other witnesses like Tony Glover tell you.  The p. limo had just turned the corner when shooting occurred.  This contradicts everything people had heard before and it gets dismissed.  It just couldn't have happened that way.   

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if this is a correct ID of Linda Willis then Rosemary was further down Elm than she was. During Linda's WC testimony she said she was right across from the road sign and the questioner, Leibler I think it was, understood this as meaning the Stemmons Freeway sign. Well, obviously she's not across from that sign in the Z film (although many of us know this film has been altered) but there was another road sign a few feet before the Stemmons one that said R. L. Thornton Freeway or something like that if I'm not mistaken. She was directly across from that sign when the first shot hit which was at least a second or two prior to his reaction to the throat shot. This gives further support to my hypothesis that the first shot came from the TSBD window (or a TSBD window on the sixth floor), it pierced through the corner of the traffic light causing it to decelerate and it only penetrated an inch or so into the back of JFK. He screams "I'm hit!" And pretty much by the time he gets that out his throat is pierced by a frontal shot probably fired from the south knoll which passed through the windshield of the limo. Rosemary didn't hear this shot. A silencer may have been used.  Greer, having felt that bullet whiz by him, panics and brakes slightly turning the wheel slightly to the left. I think a shot was then fired from the Dal-Tex building striking Connaly in the back. This was the second shot Rosemary heard. Then a shot from the high, steep angle of the rooftop of the County Records building is probably what got JC in the right thigh and if he was twisted just right by then it may have passed through his right wrist and then into his left thigh. Then Greer brakes significantly turning around to see what was going on in back, not a complete stop but what officers like to call a rolling stop (I've been pulled over knowing I had stopped at a stop sign but was told I hadn't stopped and I'm like I looked both ways before I accelerated and then told if I stopped at all it was a rolling stop, lol) and then we get a double shot to the head of JFK. Either they were fired too closely to separate or one used a silencer. The first from behind, the next from the front. This may also account for the folks who said they heard a shot after the head shot. By the time the sound of the first head shot hit their ears and they see it hit his head (if it was not silenced of course) they associate both head wounds to that one shot and then they hear the echo of the second AFTER they processed the reaction of said shot. I'm sure someone can poke holes in this scenario easily, but I'm just trying to fit as many of these puzzle pieces together as I can, lol!

IMG_20210628_130235.png

Witness Statements:

1.     Harold Norman- 11-26-63 FBI statement Norman said he heard a shot as the vehicle turned onto Elm St.

2.     Bonnie Ray Williams- Sheriff’s Office on 11-22-63- first said he heard shot when the presidential limo turned onto Houston.  Later, he changed that to a turn onto Elm St. and then later changed that.

3.     James “Junior” Jarman- Warren Hearing on March 24, 1964- At first, Jarman said much the same as Williams and Norman.  He later changed his testimony at the WC to hearing shots from low and to the left.  That is shooting from Houston Street.  This could be from the Dal-Tex.

4.     Mary Hollies- 2-18-64 statement to Detective Potts said she heard 3 shots as the motorcade turned into the intersection.  She noticed smoke on a little hill over to the west.  Mary Hollies and Alice Foster are placed with 5th floor witnesses due to Mary’s 6th Floor Museum interview in January, 2011.  This contradicts her earlier statements.

5.     Betty Alice Foster-3-19-64 FBI statement- She heard something like fireworks after the President’s car turned down Elm St.

6.      Elsie Dorman- 11-23-63 FBI report, 3-20-64 FBI report.  She thought shots came from the Court Records Building on Houston St.  She became excited and quit filming at the time the President was on Houston Street at the Court Records Building.

7.     Sandra Styles- In a statement made to the FBI on 3-19-64 she said she heard shots but, did not know where they came from and offered no other relevant information.  However, in a video published in October, 2017 she said as the presidential vehicle turned into the intersection she heard 3 shots.   Reference:  Jobert Jefford Paulson video, Oct. 17, 2017- The Case of the Lady Who Did Not See the Assassin.

8.     Vickie Adams- 11-24-63- She said when the president’s vehicle entered the intersection of Elm and Houston she heard 3 shots.  She could not see the shooting since it happened while the presidential limousine was under trees.  And, that would be in front of the TSBD.

9.     Dorothy Garner- 3-20-64 FBI report- When the shots occurred the presidential vehicle was out of sight, obscured by trees.  This would be in front of the TSBD.

10. Yola Hopson- 12-1-63- FBI report- She heard two or more sounds / firecrackers when the presidential limousine was obscured by trees.  This would be in front of the TSBD.

11. Steven Wilson- 3-25-64- FBI statement- He said he heard 3 shots while the president was obscured by trees.  This would be in front of the TSBD.

12. Rosemary Willis- Interviewed by Joe Nick Patoski-   Rosemary: Anyway, it seemed strange to me. Then the next thing I know, the limousine is turning the corner again. Onto Elm. From Main to Houston to Elm. And so, just as they start, they've just made that turn, they're going along, and the first gun shot was fired. Immediately, I look up to where I thought I heard the sound, and what I notice is this pigeon, upon the impact .... Rosemary: As they made the turn from Houston to Elm Street, they'd just gone a few feet when the first shot rang out, and upon hearing the sound, my normal body reaction was to look up and follow the sound that I heard, it was so abrupt. I didn't know what it was, but I was looking for what I heard. And the pigeons immediately ascended off that roof of the school book depository building and that's what caught my eye. My eyes were searching for what I heard and I see the pigeons, you know, they're scared to death, and take off in abrupt flight.

13. Toni Glover- in a YouTube video from the JFK Assassination Forum, Rare Interview With JFK Assassination Witness Toni Glover Who Was Only 11 Years Old In 1963, Toni Glover said as Kennedy rounded the corner (corner of Houston and Elm intersection) his head exploded.

14. Tina Towner- in a YouTube video, Witnesses to the JFK assassination:  Three Dallas Stories- LA Times by Brian van der Brug, she said things that indicate shooting occurred as the presidential vehicle turned into the intersection and in front of the TSBD.  The article said she stopped filming after the presidential limousine turned into the intersection.  If that’s true then who filmed her the rest of her film?  Kodak plant in Rochester New York?

15. Linda Willis- Warren Commission- July 22, 1964- that she was standing in front of the TSBD when the motorcade came by.  She initially said she heard shots there.  Then, later she said she was standing across Elm Street from the Stemmons Freeway sign.  There is where she heard shots and saw the head shot.  She said she was directly across the street from the Stemmons sign when the first shot hit him.

These are just 15 witnesses out of approximately 115 who made statements concerning shooting in the intersection of Elm and Houston, or in other areas such as Main Street and the Main and Houston intersection.  These people were on the street or above looking down at the Elm and Houston intersection, or Elm Street in front of the TSBD.