The Education Forum

Destroying the WC lies -- The Rifle, Part II

Part II: The Order Blank and the Order Form

The Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald, using the alias "A. Hidell", ordered the 40.2" Mannlicher-Carcano rifle found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository by Dallas Sheriff's Deputies shortly after the shooting in Dealey Plaza. He did this, it said, using an order blank from the February 1963 edition of American Rifleman magazine. The FBI traced the dept. number on the order blank, 358, to that particular magazine.

The problem with the examination of the handwriting on the order blank will be discussed later.

Below is Cadigan Exhibit 3-A, a copy of the envelope and order blank that Oswald allegedly used to order the rifle. It is a copy of a copy, in essence, a copy allegedly made from Klein's microfilm copy.
cad3A.thumb.jpg.21b23b1abccde2ccbda876dc42ccc038.jpg

If Cadigan Exhibit 3-A is a copy of the original order blank, then PBS "Frontline" needs to explain where it got its copy of the order blank from. In a 1988 production of a program called, "Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald", the program showed the order blank, but this time the "A" in the "A.Hidell" was in script, not printed.

PBS_Frontline_-_Who_Was_Lee_Harvey_Oswald__Part_1__0001.jpg.d7d69c057816b5271f1d7502862f4f5c.jpg

So where did this second order blank come from and why did PBS attempt to pass it off as the real deal ?

A second issue I have with the order form and the order blank has to do with the catalog number. The catalog number for the rifle in the Klein's ad was C20-T750. It described a 36" rifle ( B, below ), while the catalog number for the 40" rifle, like the one found on the sixth floor of the TSBD, was slightly different, C20-750 ( C, below ). The catalog number for the 36" rifle was on the order blank ( above, Cadigan 3-A ) and the order form ( A, below ). The order form appears to be a document that was generated by the office of Klein's which typed in certain information and then passed it on to the warehouse to fill the order. Klein's control number and the rifle's serial number were then apparently handwritten by warehouse employees whose job it was to fill the orders.

36_shipped.JPG.ec6d73dd2ca2cc48c74d5acc05dce414.JPG

So one would have to wonder why the documentation indicates that the order was for a 36" rifle and the order was processed for a 36" rifle but the serial number was of a 40" rifle ?

Amazingly, NONE of the Klein's employees who were responsible for filling the orders or shipping and receiving the weapons were ever called to give testimony to the Commission. Why did the Commission call the heads of companies rather than the people who actually filled out the forms ?

Maybe because the people who were supposed to fill out the forms weren't actually the ones who filled them out.

TOMORROW: Box 2915 and the application

Would make my day if tomorrow’s instalment could be followed by an expose on FBI lickspittle Harry Holmes

32 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

Would make my day if tomorrow’s instalment could be followed by an expose on FBI lickspittle Harry Holmes

I'd like to know how Harry Holmes knew so much about the money order before it was found.

Great question Gil.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:12 AM, Gil Jesus said:

I'd like to know how Harry Holmes knew so much about the money order before it was found.

I've wondered for a few years now if he didn't help create it, after the fact.