The Education Forum

The CIA's MK-ULTRA brings you a Roger Corman horror movie directed by Francis Coppola

Imagine my surprise when I watched a trailer for

Francis Coppola's 1963 Irish-made horror movie for Roger Corman, DEMENTIA 13, on Trailers from Hell (https://trailersfromhell.com/dementia-13/) introduced

by the CIA’s MK-ULTRA Dr. William J. Bryan Jr. Bryan

allegedly hypnotized Sirhan Sirhan to fire shots in the Ambassador Hotel during the RFK assassination, although Sirhan was a patsy/decoy who shot people other than RFK (another gunman, probably "security guard" Thane Eugene [Gene] Cesar, shot the senator from behind). Bryan was the model for the hypnotist/brainwashing character Orson Welles was going to play in the excellent script he wrote with Donald Freed, SIRHAN, aka THE SAFE HOUSE, with Sal Mineo (later murdered) playing Sirhan. Welles at one point was going to direct the film as well. Bryan is credited as technical adviser on DEMENTIA 13 and on Corman's 1962 TALES OF TERROR (for hypnotism).

Edited by Joseph McBride

I remembered Bryan from Lisa Pease A Lie Too Big to Fail.  Upon review he seemed to be self promoter in other respects.  When interviewed and Sirhan was brought up he deflected to another hypnotist, said he had never hypnotized Sirhan (though he was not accused of such).  Yet from other evidence she found he was the most likely to have done so.  Likely from drugs and hypnosis Sirhan's mind wasn't there, in the pantry, when he was shooting wildly from afar.

On the subject of Sirhan (apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere):- His parole hearing is set for ten days time 27th August.