The Education Forum

Clint Hill, Gerald Blaine and other Kennedy Detail Secret Service agents: I am always on their minds

6 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Vince Palamara has done all of us researchers, and our country, a great

service with his indefatigable and revelatory research into

the disloyal and deadly involvement of the Secret Service in the assassination. Vince

exemplifies the good advice the late Penn Jones gave me and other researchers,

to "Pick one aspect of the case, one that hasn't been studied enough,

and research the hell out of it." Vince sure has done that, and I hope he continues

to dig under every stone and pore through every document and video and still he can find and

share it all with us as he has been doing. He is the citizen researcher par excellence.

thanks!!

1 hour ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Vince,

When you spoke with Donald Lawton, what did he think about Emory Roberts? Why did Roberts pull him off the back of the X-100? What explanation was he willing to offer?

In your research on Emory Roberts, did you find anything in his background (any connections to Military Intelligence, or the CIA, just to pick a couple) that might explain his order to Lawton? 

Who told Roberts to order Lawton to stand down? 

Who told the Secret Service NOT to cover the rooftops?

Who kept the Dallas motorcycle cops off the sides of the limo?

Who routed the limo through Dealey Plaza via Elm Street? 

I spoke to Lawton in 1995 and he died in 2013. I didn't mention Roberts specifically during my interview, one of my failings- I should have.

Lawton DID say "you always have regrets, remorse. Who knows- if THEY [emphasis added] had left guys on the car. You can hindsight yourself to death." The "they" is obviously the Secret Service (and Roberts, especially). Lawton also told a trusted colleague "I should have been there [on the back of the limo]" as he had been on 11/18/63 and in Chicago on 3/23/63.

Roberts died in 1973. He became Appointment Secretary to LBJ while still an active member of the Secret Service, an unheard of and unprecedented move.

Who told Roberts? Floyd Boring, the assistant SAIC (my three suspects in the Secret Service for what did and did not occur are Boring, Roberts and Greer).

The rooftops not being guarded had to have come from above- either Boring or people above him (in another organization, perhaps?). The Secret Service covered all multi-story buildings along the 11/18/63 Tampa trip, JFK's longest domestic motorcade (28 miles long!), yet they did not do this in Dallas, a mere 11 miles in comparison.

The motorcycle officers were kept away (just like the phony JFK order about agents being told not to be on the car) by agent Lawson (obviously acting on higher authority- he was in communication with Boring, who gave him the Dallas advance. He lamely said it was his understanding that Kennedy did not like all those motorcycles besides him (never mind the fact that they were there in good number and formation on all the prior Texas stops---and countless other trips--before Dallas, a situation the HSCA rightly named "uniquely insecure"), yet he testified under oath to the WC (Dulles, specifically) that there was not a specific order in this instance from JFK---!

The route, which was changed (as confirmed in an interview I did with SAIC Gerald Behn), was under the control of agents Lawson and Sorrels, who were both working on higher authority: Floyd Boring, the planner of the Texas trip from the Secret Service point of view. You need to see my first of five books SURVIVOR'S GUILT: THE SECRET SERVICE AND THE FAILURE TO PROTECT PRESIDENT KENNEDY

Edited by Vince Palamara
FORGOT SOMETHING

25 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I spoke to Lawton in 1995 and he died in 2013. I didn't mention Roberts specifically during my interview, one of my failings- I should have.

Lawton DID say "you always have regrets, remorse. Who knows- if THEY [emphasis added] had left guys on the car. You can hindsight yourself to death." The "they" is obviously the Secret Service (and Roberts, especially). Lawton also told a trusted colleague "I should have been there [on the back of the limo]" as he had been on 11/18/63 and in Chicago on 3/23/63.

Roberts died in 1973. He became Appointment Secretary to LBJ while still an active member of the Secret Service, an unheard of and unprecedented move.

Who told Roberts? Floyd Boring, the assistant SAIC (my three suspects in the Secret Service for what did and did not occur are Boring, Roberts and Greer).

The rooftops not being guarded had to have come from above- either Boring or people above him (in another organization, perhaps?). The Secret Service covered all multi-story buildings along the 11/18/63 Tampa trip, JFK's longest domestic motorcade (28 miles long!), yet they did not do this in Dallas, a mere 11 miles in comparison.

The motorcycle officers were kept away (just like the phony JFK order about agents being told not to be on the car) by agent Lawson (obviously acting on higher authority- he was in communication with Boring, who gave him the Dallas advance. He lamely said it was his understanding that Kennedy did not like all those motorcycles besides him (never mind the fact that they were there in good number and formation on all the prior Texas stops---and countless other trips--before Dallas, a situation the HSCA rightly named "uniquely insecure"), yet he testified under oath to the WC (Dulles, specifically) that there was not a specific order in this instance from JFK---!

The route, which was changed (as confirmed in an interview I did with SAIC Gerald Behn), was under the control of agents Lawson and Sorrels, who were both working on higher authority: Floyd Boring, the planner of the Texas trip from the Secret Service point of view. You need to see my first of five books SURVIVOR'S GUILT: THE SECRET SERVICE AND THE FAILURE TO PROTECT PRESIDENT KENNEDY

Thanks, Vince.

I will get your first book.

I was under the impression that Boring and JFK got along well - if, as you write, Boring was a suspect (and I am not disputing your suspicions), then can we take seriously any Secret Service agent statement about their personal regard for President Kennedy?

4 hours ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Vince,

When you spoke with Donald Lawton, what did he think about Emory Roberts? Why did Roberts pull him off the back of the X-100? What explanation was he willing to offer?

In your research on Emory Roberts, did you find anything in his background (any connections to Military Intelligence, or the CIA, just to pick a couple) that might explain his order to Lawton? 

Great questions Paul.  Roberts ordered Lawton off the SS follow up limo at Love Field.  He then ordered Agent Ready back onto it when he started to step off of it in response in Dealy Plaza as he watched it unfold in front of him and didn't respond otherwise.  As every plumber knows, dooky don't float up hill.  Who was head of the SS?  Dulles friend, the Secretary of the Treasury.  Battling Wall Street and the Federal Reserve is still a loosing proposition. 

11 hours ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Thanks, Vince.

I will get your first book.

I was under the impression that Boring and JFK got along well - if, as you write, Boring was a suspect (and I am not disputing your suspicions), then can we take seriously any Secret Service agent statement about their personal regard for President Kennedy?

"One can smile and smile and be a villain."

History is littered with people who seemingly got along in their public personas, yet there was a real (hidden) side- witness even regular folks who may be friendly with their bosses but secretly hate them. Witness the warm and friendly correspondence between Hoover and RFK, yet we know what they really thought of each other.

It could always have been a "nothing personal" situation...but JFK's security was abysmal on all fronts and the buck stops with the Secret Service. When you get my first book, you will see why I find those three agents the most suspicious.

Edited by Vince Palamara

10 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Clint and Lisa got married recently.  They posted

wedding pictures on Facebook.

Yes haha---Clint's first wife Gwen, whom he married in the 1950's and had two sons with, passed away 9/1/2021, so the coast was clear (Hill and McCubbin have been together since 2013).

On 12/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, Paul Jolliffe said:

Vince,

Paul, I'm obviously no Vince but "Who told Roberts to order Lawton to stand down?" answers your other questions.  Roberts order to Agent Ready on the running board when he stepped off in response to the shots in Dealy Plaza to get back on board is further confirmation of his involvement.  Who Indeed.

All the way up to Dillon?  

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Paul, I'm obviously no Vince but "Who told Roberts to order Lawton to stand down?" answers your other questions.  Roberts order to Agent Ready on the running board when he stepped off in response to the shots in Dealy Plaza to get back on board is further confirmation of his involvement.  Who Indeed.

All the way up to Dillon?  

Yes, I think Douglas Dillon would be a prime suspect.

He had been intertwined with the Dulles family since he was a young man. Dillon's father and Foster Dulles, (older brother of Allen) were longtime friends from Foster's time at Sullivan and Cromwell. Douglas Dillon actually worked for the Thomas Dewey campaign in 1940 (the Democrats nominated Wendell Willkie, not Dewey) because of his connection to Foster Dulles. 

In 1948, after Dillon served in WWII, Foster Dulles asked Dillon to work on foreign policy speeches for Thomas Dewey's presidential campaign. Dillon's three main coworkers in that office?

Allen Dulles, Christian Herter, and McGeorge Bundy. 

All four men working together on shaping, influencing and determining American postwar foreign policy in that same New York hotel (Roosevelt Hotel) in 1948. 

Huh.

And, as Dillon freely admitted, he was an old friend from boarding school and college with Joe Alsop, legendary columnist.

Why is that significant?

Because we know from the released tapes of presidential phone calls from the LBJ library that Joe Alsop was one of the first "outsiders" to pressure LBJ directly to create an "independent" review of whatever the FBI came up with. Alsop wanted LBJ to create a commission of men of great esteem to "settle the dust" of the aftermath of the assassination.

In other words, Joe Alsop was a chief architect of the whitewash that became the Warren Commission. 

Listen for yourself as Alsop alternately cajoles, flatters, and pressures LBJ into agreeing to an "independent review." 

https://www.discoverlbj.org/item/tel-00051

Yeah, I agree Ron. Treasury Secretary Douglas Dillon undoubtedly put the screws (maybe via a subordinate) to the Secret Service to "stand down."