The Education Forum

The book "Reclaiming Reality: Vincent Bugliosi and the Dallas Conspiracy" ALREADY GONE-out of print

It is no longer listed as a title at Trine Day's website and the author's name does not appear in a search there- I wonder what happened? The book was just released 10/29/21. That said, it wasn't setting the world on fire (only one bad review and frequently in the millions in rankings, not a good thing for a new title). I have it and, truth be told, I was disappointed: not the greatest writing and it did not provide "a point-by-point refutation of Vincent Bugliosi's book Reclaiming History" as advertised. In fact, the book was advertised at 480 pages, yet it only clocked in at 270.

At Amazon, the cover is now gone, as is the author's photo:

Reclaiming Reality: Vincent Bugliosi and the Dallas Conspiracy: Donges, Gregory S.: 9781634243780: Amazon.com: Books

Reclaiming Reality: Vincent Bugliosi and the Dallas Conspiracy Paperback The cover used to look like this: Gregory S. Donges-Reclaiming Reality BOOK NEW 9781634243780 | eBay

Interesting. I wonder if my copy will be worth money now? 😊

It's not a bad book. There always seem to be interesting tidbits that I pick up from almost any JFK book, so in my opinion it wasn't a total waste of time. I was disappointed that it was so short.

available on Amazon. you have to be very familiar with the evidence and chain of custody issues to effectively dissect Bugliosi's book. he stretches, overstates and ignores evidence. It is simply a prosecutor's memo. 

I would love to get a copy myself.

Like Denny Z. says ... even if this short tome just contains some interesting tidbits, any little truth exposing stones thrown to help bring down the Goliath sized, bastardized Bugliosi Rec History book will have some value imo.

Not much else out there in this regards? Not a complete book anyway.

So far, for me the best "Reclaiming History/Vincent Bugliosi" dragon slayer ( with his accumulated pieces of fairly detailed critical reviews)  has been our own Jim Di.

Couldn't get through but 20% of VB's 1,632 page Rec History book myself.  

And yet, in just that limited amount of mind numbing / yawn fighting endless rote details reading, I swear VB repeated these same one dozen derogatory, mentally unstable labels of JFK conspiracy believers 50 times! "Nut cases, loons, buffs," etc. etc.  He was literally obsessive in doing this.

As if one of his main goals in writing the book was to implant a "Boogie Man" social rejection fear factor into the American collective consciousness regarding anyone believing of a conspiracy regards the JFK assassination and the Warren Report as an FBI controlled misdirection effort more than anything else.

Also, VB's ridiculously heavy 10 lbs. dumb bell weight book should have contained an intro page warning disclaimer that it may cause serious back or hernia injury if not lifted with both legs bent care and/or if dropped on one's foot.

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I would love to get a copy myself.

Like Denny Z. says ... even if this short tome just contains some interesting tidbits, any little truth exposing stones thrown to help bring down the Goliath sized, bastardized Bugliosi Rec History book will have some value imo.

Not much else out there in this regards? Not a complete book anyway.

So far, for me the best "Reclaiming History/Vincent Bugliosi" dragon slayer with real sword swinging authority ( with his accumulated pieces of fairly detailed critical reviews)  has been our own Jim Di.

Couldn't get through but 20% of VB's 1,632 page Rec History book myself.  

And yet, in just that limited amount of rote detail mind numbing / yawn fighting  reading, I swear VB repeated these same one dozen derogatory, mentally unstable labels of JFK conspiracy believers 50 times! "Nut cases, loons, buffs," etc. etc.  He was literally obsessive in doing this.

As if one of his main goals in writing the book was to implant a "Boogie Man" fear factor into the American collective consciousness regarding anyone believing of a conspiracy regards the JFK assassination and the Warren Report as an FBI controlled misdirection effort more than anything else.

Also, VB's ridiculously heavy 10 lbs. dumb bell weight book should have contained an intro page warning disclaimer that it may cause serious back or hernia injury if not lifted with both legs bent care and/or if dropped on one's foot.

I also could not make it through Bugliosi's mountain of nonsense. But I did write a response to his book in which I focused on his misrepresentation of witness statements and his utter hypocrisy.

You can read it here: https://www.patspeer.com/chapter19bvincentbistherealoliverstone

P.S. I posted excerpts from this on some JFK forums back in the day and not one of his supporters was willing to defend him. And for good reason. 

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I also could not make it through Bugliosi's mountain of nonsense. But I did write a response to his book in which I focused on his misrepresentation of witness statements and his utter hypocrisy.

You can read it here: https://www.patspeer.com/chapter19bvincentbistherealoliverstone

P.S. I posted excerpts from this on some JFK forums back in the day and not one of his supporters was willing to defend him. And for good reason. 

Not even DVP, Pat? :) DVP worships Bugliosi.

7 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Not even DVP, Pat? :) DVP worships Bugliosi.

DVP and I were on the same side of some issues. One of these was that Bugliosi was 100% in the wrong to quote Mantik's claim Reclaiming History was a "masterpiece" on his book cover. He had to have known the context--that Mantik was saying it was a masterpiece of a one-sided argument, and not a balanced book full of new insights. Another was that the full video of the mock trial should have been made available so people could see what was really said, and not what Showtime deemed worthy of the edited version shown in the U.S. It's a travesty, IMO, that the full version has never been shown or made available. 

As far as defending Bugliosi's misrepresentation  of the Dealey Plaza witnesses, I quoted an authority on the misrepresentation of witness statements. His name was Vincent Bugliosi. And he was not just slightly guilty of hypocrisy.  He spent a substantial part of his book doing what he promised he wouldn't do--take statements out of context and edit statements to change their meaning. There can be no defense of this. Like I said, no one even tried. 

8 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

DVP and I were on the same side of some issues. One of these was that Bugliosi was 100% in the wrong to quote Mantik's claim Reclaiming History was a "masterpiece" on his book cover. He had to have known the context--that Mantik was saying it was a masterpiece of a one-sided argument, and not a balanced book full of new insights. Another was that the full video of the mock trial should have been made available so people could see what was really said, and not what Showtime deemed worthy of the edited version shown in the U.S. It's a travesty, IMO, that the full version has never been shown or made available. 

As far as defending Bugliosi's misrepresentation  of the Dealey Plaza witnesses, I quoted an authority on the misrepresentation of witness statements. His name was Vincent Bugliosi. And he was not just slightly guilty of hypocrisy.  He spent a substantial part of his book doing what he promised he wouldn't do--take statements out of context and edit statements to change their meaning. There can be no defense of this. Like I said, no one even tried. 

Good points. Bugliosi always acted like that was a real trial.