The Education Forum

COUNTDOWN TO DALLAS by Paul Brandus coming in October

Yet another Oswald-did-it book. The bold part is what made me respond with a video:

John F. Kennedy’s fascination with death—particularly his own—and Lee Harvey Oswald’s love of violence and desire for fame made November 22, 1963 practically inevitable.

With new details from the very latest documents declassified by the CIA and FBI!

The so-called “crime of the century”—the assassination of President John F. Kennedy—was almost preordained to happen. Like all presidents from decades before him, JFK played it loose with security—open cars, Secret Service agents at a distance, and a desire to be seen. Yet conspiracy buffs are certain the security setup on November 22, 1963 was unusual and suspicious. It wasn’t.

And what of Lee Harvey Oswald, the drifter, the vicious wife-beating, fame-seeking narcissist? Everything in his background—dating back to his violent, disturbing grade school years, including his stated desire to murder President Dwight Eisenhower—defines the real Lee Oswald. The Oswald that conspiracists rarely talk about—the Oswald who was perched in the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository as JFK drove by—was headed for this moment of infamy years before he pulled the trigger.

In Countdown to Dallas, author Paul Brandus tracks the backgrounds of both Kennedy and Oswald, the very different era in which they lived, and the incredible string of circumstances that brought them together for a few fateful moments in Dallas.

The publisher of the book---

Post Hill Press, distributed by Simon & Schuster, is a small United States print and e-book publishing house that focuses on publishing "conservative politics" and Christian titles.[2] The company was founded in 2013, and has offices in New York City and Nashville, Tennessee. In 2017, the company added the Bombardier Books division for conservative politics and military books. In August 2020, they also announced a new imprint, Emancipation Books, to "give a voice to black and minority authors--including conservatives, libertarians, traditional liberals, and iconoclasts--whose nonconforming views are seldom represented in mainstream media, and find themselves increasingly unwelcome at the larger publishing houses."[3]

Authors published by Post Hill include media personalities, political figures, motivational speakers and commentators such as Dan Bongino, Mel Robbins, K. T. McFarland, Adam Carolla, Ashley Black (creator of Ashley Black's FasciaBlaster), Ramani Durvasula, Robert Woodson, Oliver North, Reggie Williams, Teen Mom stars Maci Bookout, Leah Messer, Amber Portwood, Catelynn Lowell, and Kailyn Lowry,[4] Venezuelan actress and fashion model Patricia Velasquez,[5] former presidential candidate Herman Cain,[6] former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan,[7] and Dancing With the Stars dancer Karina Smirnoff.[8] In 2021, it was reported that the press was going to publish a book by the police officer who shot Breonna Taylor; Simon & Schuster said it would refuse to distribute the book.[2]

Post Hill's publisher is Anthony Ziccardi, formerly publisher of Humanix Books (a division of Newsmax Media) and associate publisher of Simon & Schuster's Gallery imprint.[9]

In March 2019, Post Hill acquired Fidelis Books from LifeWay Christian Resources.[10]

---30---

Mostly right-wing stuff from the publisher.  

16 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The publisher of the book---

Post Hill Press, distributed by Simon & Schuster, is a small United States print and e-book publishing house that focuses on publishing "conservative politics" and Christian titles.[2] The company was founded in 2013, and has offices in New York City and Nashville, Tennessee. In 2017, the company added the Bombardier Books division for conservative politics and military books. In August 2020, they also announced a new imprint, Emancipation Books, to "give a voice to black and minority authors--including conservatives, libertarians, traditional liberals, and iconoclasts--whose nonconforming views are seldom represented in mainstream media, and find themselves increasingly unwelcome at the larger publishing houses."[3]

Authors published by Post Hill include media personalities, political figures, motivational speakers and commentators such as Dan Bongino, Mel Robbins, K. T. McFarland, Adam Carolla, Ashley Black (creator of Ashley Black's FasciaBlaster), Ramani Durvasula, Robert Woodson, Oliver North, Reggie Williams, Teen Mom stars Maci Bookout, Leah Messer, Amber Portwood, Catelynn Lowell, and Kailyn Lowry,[4] Venezuelan actress and fashion model Patricia Velasquez,[5] former presidential candidate Herman Cain,[6] former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan,[7] and Dancing With the Stars dancer Karina Smirnoff.[8] In 2021, it was reported that the press was going to publish a book by the police officer who shot Breonna Taylor; Simon & Schuster said it would refuse to distribute the book.[2]

Post Hill's publisher is Anthony Ziccardi, formerly publisher of Humanix Books (a division of Newsmax Media) and associate publisher of Simon & Schuster's Gallery imprint.[9]

In March 2019, Post Hill acquired Fidelis Books from LifeWay Christian Resources.[10]

---30---

Mostly right-wing stuff from the publisher.  

Very interesting connections. The parent company, Simon & Schuster, published the Blaine and Hill propaganda.

32 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Very interesting connections. The parent company, Simon & Schuster, published the Blaine and Hill propaganda.

Interesting. As you know, in recent years what might be called alternative-right media has been more open to the real JFKA story than left-wing media. 

But now this Paul Brandus re-hash of Warren Commission talking points---CIA money at work?  Small publishers always need money. 

17 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Interesting. As you know, in recent years what might be called alternative-right media has been more open to the real JFKA story than left-wing media. 

But now this Paul Brandus re-hash of Warren Commission talking points---CIA money at work?  Small publishers always need money. 

Brandus is something else---he reached out to me last year about his forthcoming book and was all nice and friendly. I assumed that his book was going to be pro-conspiracy from the way he was ingratiating himself (shades of Posner with Weisberg).

So often I notice anti-conspiracy, JFK denigrating books that just pop up on the national scene whenever the JFK event starts getting greater publicity than normal.

A women claims JFK had sex with her as a very young woman working as a White House aid. And that JFK actually asked her to pleasure JFK's friend Dave Powers in the White House pool. 

New books countering the conspiracy movement and that get national exposure publicity.

I assume Jim Di's and Oliver Stone's new film, which has recently gotten world press coverage and is being shown on own national TV,  is probably the latest catalyst for this latest "Oswald Lone Nut" promoting tome.

Another thought that pops into my head after watching VP's video above that shows JFK open limo campaign motorcades in so many cities ( Honolulu, Memphis, Tampa etc.) just months before and right up to his Dallas one is that ugly but easily seen 3 inch wide with a bullet diameter hole in the middle dent in the middle of the upper windshield framing of the presidential limo.

All those different drivers, limo transporters, limo cleaners and inspectors all inside and around the Presidential vehicle that was getting an unprecedented work out like JFK's was in the weeks before Dallas... and no one ever thought to mention the ugly bash and hole in the steel plated frame easily and continuously visible right in front of their eyes?

If I saw a dent like that in my own old junker car I would be bothered by it every time I got in it to drive. But in a presidential limo it's no big deal?

Obviously, that ugly dent was created during the Dealey Plaza shooting sequence. And should have been hugely much more investigated than it was.

And at least twice in viewing Clint Hill interviews he responds to audience questions regarding the lack of responsible open windows and roof top security in Dallas.

He simply says they ( his own Secret Service?) just didn't have the resources to do this as people might expect.  ???

But the Dallas PD, Sheriff's department and other presidential security agencies like military intelligence didn't either?

And not one security person in the entire Dallas motorcade was assigned with binoculars to scan open upper story windows just before and during JFK's drive just underneath them?

Whether it was Oswald or someone else p the barrel of their rifle partially outside of the TXSBD 6th floor window while loud blast sound blazing away for 6 seconds, they couldn't have had more good fortune than such a lack of common sense security below them.

Heck, Dealey Plaza sidewalk crowd bystanders Aaron Rowland and Carolyn Walthers were more security minded astute ( by just idle curiosity accident ) than JFK's official guard army that day. Through nothing more than randomly  looking around, they spotted rifle holding men in the open windows of the TXSBD for several seconds just minutes before JFK's drive underneath?

And also random looking around 15 year old Amos Lee Euins sees a rifle gun barrel ( "pipe") sticking out of that window while the shooting is going on?

But not anyone in the huge security detail of the JFK motorcade sees any of this?

Please...

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 3/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, Joe Bauer said:

So often I notice anti-conspiracy, JFK denigrating books that just pop up on the national scene whenever the JFK event starts getting greater publicity than normal.

A women claims JFK had sex with her as a very young woman working as a White House aid. And that JFK actually asked her to pleasure JFK's friend Dave Powers in the White House pool. 

New books countering the conspiracy movement and that get national exposure publicity.

I assume Jim Di's and Oliver Stone's new film, which has recently gotten world press coverage and is being shown on own national TV,  is probably the latest catalyst for this latest "Oswald Lone Nut" promoting tome.

Another thought that pops into my head after watching VP's video above that shows JFK open limo campaign motorcades in so many cities ( Honolulu, Memphis, Tampa etc.) just months before and right up to his Dallas one is that ugly but easily seen 3 inch wide with a bullet diameter hole in the middle dent in the middle of the upper windshield framing of the presidential limo.

All those different drivers, limo transporters, limo cleaners and inspectors all inside and around the Presidential vehicle that was getting an unprecedented work out like JFK's was in the weeks before Dallas... and no one ever thought to mention the ugly bash and hole in the steel plated frame easily and continuously visible right in front of their eyes?

If I saw a dent like that in my own old junker car I would be bothered by it every time I got in it to drive. But in a presidential limo it's no big deal?

Obviously, that ugly dent was created during the Dealey Plaza shooting sequence. And should have been hugely much more investigated than it was.

And at least twice in viewing Clint Hill interviews he responds to audience questions regarding the lack of responsible open windows and roof top security in Dallas.

He simply says they ( his own Secret Service?) just didn't have the resources to do this as people might expect.  ???

But the Dallas PD, Sheriffs and other presidential security agencies like military intelligence didn't either?

And not one security person in the entire Dallas motorcade was assigned with binoculars to scan open upper story windows just before and during JFK's drive just underneath them?

Whether it was Oswald or someone else hanging out the barrel of their rifle outside of the TXSBD 6th floor window while loud blast sound blazing away for 6 seconds they couldn't have had more good fortune than such a lack of common sense security below them.

Heck, Dealey Plaza sidewalk crowd bystanders Aaron Rowland and Carolyn Walthers were more security minded astute than JFK's official guard army that day. Through nothing more than curiosity looking around, they spotted rifle holding men in the open windows of the TXSBD for several seconds just minutes before JFK's drive underneath?

And also idle looking around 15 year old Amos Lee Euins sees a "pipe" rifle gun barrel sticking out of that window while the shooting is going on?

But not anyone in the huge security detail of the JFK motorcade sees any of this?

Please...

Like I have always demonstrated, they had the resources to guard building rooftops and place agents on the back of the limo (and bracket the limo with many motorcycles) during a TWENTY EIGHT MILE motorcade (JFK's longest domestic motorcade, just a little shorter than his longest that received the same security measures: Berlin June 1963) four days before in Tampa on 11/18/63, yet they couldn't do this for an ELEVEN MILE motorcade in Dallas???

5 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I guess we all know what happened after Berlin.

Ultimately they became Free.  Well after JFK died.

Neil Young After Berlin - Bing video

This one is much better.  The size of the crowd can only be envied by the former prez.  Plus it brings JFK forward to the present day in the end.