The Education Forum

Does anyone know who this witness is?

The final paragraph sounds a bit like Beverly Oliver. But the first three paragraphs--not so sure. Anyone know who this is?

https://www.quora.com/Did-the-assassination-of-JFK-have-ties-to-LBJ-or-the-Mafia; #18 of 93, "Greg Miletti" (July 20, 2019). 

"Years ago I knew a woman who knew Jack Ruby — the guy that shot Lee Harvey Oswald. She owned a bar, a motel, and ran a brothel in Mineral Wells, TX. (just west of Dallas). She was a fair weather freind of John Dillinger. The notorious bank robber from the great depression era. She would hide him out after one of his heists. She had the pictures to prove it too. Dozens of old pics showing Dillinger toting his sub-machine guns and other hardware of the time.

"In return for her trouble Mr Dillinger always dropped a few large bundles of cash in her lap. Bear in mind this was an era in history when the economy was extremely bad. The time just before World War II. People were lucky to get a square meal every couple of days back then. Nevermind a lot of cash dropped in their lap by a bank robbing freind. So if someone gave you a ton o money for letting these guys hide out on your property then Jesus slept in the outhouse for the next few days.

"At any rate Jack Ruby was a regular customer at her place. He'd come in often. Always with a new girlfreind on his arm. This woman knew about Ruby's mafia ties. About a week before the assasination she had overheard Ruby talking about a plot to kill Kennedy with a couple of creepy looking guys at the diner.

"She called the proper authorities but they ignored her report. She went to the local sheriff - no result. They laughed her off. A few days later JFK was hit. She's in the backround in the Zupruder film -- the home movie showing JFK taking the actual kill shot. She saw the shooter in the distance behind the wall as he took the shot from the top o the infamous grassy knowl. Her own first person account. Later on she was followed for awhile by a black caddy. And got some threatening pbone calls telling her to keep quiet or else. Many people did. Several witnesses later came foward about what they saw ; and caught a bullet for their trouble. Their bodies found in alley ways, dumpsters, underneath highway overpasses, etc."

Here is a truth we all know.

There are for sure many people who saw or heard or knew things related to the JFK event and the main characters involved who never came forward to share their knowledge. To their dying days.

It's self preservation human nature.

These people understood that their lives and the lives of their children or other loved ones could only be effected negatively by coming forward.

My guess is that cumulatively, what they saw, heard or knew would change the truth story to degrees that would shock us all to the core.

The violent and bloody JFK, RFK and MLK events invoked tremendous fear.

It would be a tough call to decide whether to come forward or not regards knowing something that might challenge the official line.

It must be a garbled version of Beverly Oliver, based on the final paragraph, mixed with some stories the author heard from her of Depression-era days that the author has got a little confused. Beverly Oliver was in Texas in the years since the assassination; said she was in the Zapruder film as the Babushka lady; claimed to have seen Roscoe White on the Grassy Knoll with suggestion he was the shooter; told of her frequent visits from the club across the street where she worked to (not from) Jack Ruby's club where she would sit with Ruby and dancers such as Jada. The Ruby talking about a plot to assassinate JFK "with a couple of creepy looking guys at the diner" a week before the assassination sounds like a version of the Mark Lane Ruby with Tippit and Weissman a week before the assassination story; the reports to authorities who rejected what she reported sounds related to Beverly Oliver's story of having her film confiscated after the assassination by FBI agents with no record of that.  

Therefore, this sounds like some hearsay going back to Beverly Oliver. Presumed not an unknown mystery witness who never came forward. Beverly Oliver has published her story.

I know the dates don't work for Beverly Oliver. I am presuming that he heard stories from Beverly Oliver--perhaps telling of family members or people she knew or tall tales--which the hearsay-teller decades later confused on the timeline, as if the storyteller had been telling of herself. 

Beverly Oliver's stories have credibility and embellishment issues. The important point is there is no mystery witness here.  

Edited by Greg Doudna

It could be someone's decades-ago memory of seeing Beverly Oliver present a slide show to a church group some evening--or whatever. That would account for the seeing of the "dozens of old pics" of gun-toting John Dillinger and other Texas local history lore, etc. 

8 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

The final paragraph sounds a bit like Beverly Oliver. But the first three paragraphs--not so sure. Anyone know who this is?

https://www.quora.com/Did-the-assassination-of-JFK-have-ties-to-LBJ-or-the-Mafia; #18 of 93, "Greg Miletti" (July 20, 2019). 

"Years ago I knew a woman who knew Jack Ruby — the guy that shot Lee Harvey Oswald. She owned a bar, a motel, and ran a brothel in Mineral Wells, TX. (just west of Dallas). She was a fair weather freind of John Dillinger. The notorious bank robber from the great depression era. She would hide him out after one of his heists. She had the pictures to prove it too. Dozens of old pics showing Dillinger toting his sub-machine guns and other hardware of the time.

"In return for her trouble Mr Dillinger always dropped a few large bundles of cash in her lap. Bear in mind this was an era in history when the economy was extremely bad. The time just before World War II. People were lucky to get a square meal every couple of days back then. Nevermind a lot of cash dropped in their lap by a bank robbing freind. So if someone gave you a ton o money for letting these guys hide out on your property then Jesus slept in the outhouse for the next few days.

"At any rate Jack Ruby was a regular customer at her place. He'd come in often. Always with a new girlfreind on his arm. This woman knew about Ruby's mafia ties. About a week before the assasination she had overheard Ruby talking about a plot to kill Kennedy with a couple of creepy looking guys at the diner.

"She called the proper authorities but they ignored her report. She went to the local sheriff - no result. They laughed her off. A few days later JFK was hit. She's in the backround in the Zupruder film -- the home movie showing JFK taking the actual kill shot. She saw the shooter in the distance behind the wall as he took the shot from the top o the infamous grassy knowl. Her own first person account. Later on she was followed for awhile by a black caddy. And got some threatening pbone calls telling her to keep quiet or else. Many people did. Several witnesses later came foward about what they saw ; and caught a bullet for their trouble. Their bodies found in alley ways, dumpsters, underneath highway overpasses, etc."

There was a study done years ago which showed that for every person to attend Woodstock, many times that amount claimed they'd been at Woodstock. For Texans, it is the same with the JFK assassination. "Oh sure, I was there. I looked across the street and saw the shooter. Blah blah blah." When I compiled my database of witness statements I found that several motorcycle officers just turning onto Houston as the final shot rang out claimed they saw the whole shooting, etc. It's human nature. One can see this in oneself, for that matter. At least I can in me. When I was in the record biz I sometimes hung out with rap labels. There were times when dope was passed around, and I would occasionally take a puff. Well, when I would tell this story it usually came out that I got stoned with Snoop Dogg, when the reality was I just took a few puffs with people from his label who told me it was his dope. 

Edited by Pat Speer

11 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

There was a study done years ago which showed that for every person to attend Woodstock, many times that amount claimed they'd been at Woodstock. For Texans, it is the same with the JFK assassination. "Oh sure, I was there. I looked across the street and saw the shooter. Blah blah blah." When I compiled my database of witness statements I found that several motorcycle officers just turning onto Houston as the final shot rang out claimed they saw the whole shooting, etc. It's human nature. One can see this in oneself, for that matter. At least I can in me. When I was in the record biz I sometimes hung out with rap labels. There were times when dope was passed around, and I would occasionally take a puff. Well, when I would tell this story it usually came out that I got stoned with Snoop Dogg, when the reality was I just took a few puffs with people from his label who told me it was his dope. 

I was toking with Snoop in Dealey Plaza when the JFKA went down. 

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I was toking with Snoop in Dealey Plaza when the JFKA went down. 

That would explain the puffs of smoke on the knoll. Problem solved.

9 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

That would explain the puffs of smoke on the knoll. Problem solved.

You are a real detective. We were hiding in the GK bushes, smoking a blunt the size a small football. I apologize. I actually saw gunfire from behind the fence, but with that criminal gigantic blunt in our hands all we could do was run.  I have kept this secret for years. I feel un-weighted now. The truth is out.