The Education Forum

FIRECRACKERS

12 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Not sure if this will help any or be accepted as a valid theory, but on some program I saw once they were firing test shots into a windshield like the one that was on the limo. Every time a shot went through the glass windshield it sounded just like a firecracker. If the first shot was the one that went through the windshield and hit JFK in the throat then maybe that's why it made a firecracker sound. As for not hearing the actual shot, maybe the weapon that it came from had a silencer on it so the sound that was actually heard wasn't the shot but the bullet going through the windshield. Just brainstorming here so feel free to point out why this theory could be wrong. I'm not married to any theory, just like many of you I'm just looking for the truth no matter what that is!

A couple of points.

1. The use of firecrackers as diversionary devices was a sniping technique employed by both the Japanese and Germans in WWII. This is something I was able to demonstrate using American military publications, and report on my website. 

2. Yes, the guns of the Wild West used a different powder that released far more smoke than more modern powder. Thus, the name of the show: Gunsmoke.

3. As demonstrated on my website, the witness reports were not random throughout the plaza. Those right in front of the TSBD by and large thought they heard a sound from west of the building. This is strong evidence for a sound coming from this location. And those hearing four shots were almost all near the corner of Houston and Elm. This suggests the possibility that a second shooter was in or on one of the buildings at this location. It is also worth noting that, regardless of how many shots they heard, a majority of the closest witnesses heard a shot after the head shot. This is quite easily demonstrated and is one of the key points that should be brought up in any program designed to tear down the story currently pushed as the facts about what happened. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Do fireworks leave residue?

To the best of my knowledge, no one ever reported finding leftover evidence. e.g. shredded or bunt paper.

Steve Thomas

No one was looking for it. 

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

No one was looking for it. 

Pat,

It would seem to me that if you were saying that someone was throwing firecrackers as a diversionary tactic, you'd want to know where that person or persons were standing, and then review any film footage you had of that area to see if you could identify that person.

In all the film evidence that has been examined, has anyone ever been observed lighting a firecracker, or throwing a firecracker? Has anyone ever been observed showing a startle effect , as if someone had dropped a firecracker at their feet? I personally don't remember ever seeing something like that.

Steve Thomas

11 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Pat,

It would seem to me that if you were saying that someone was throwing firecrackers as a diversionary tactic, you'd want to know where that person or persons were standing, and then review any film footage you had of that area to see if you could identify that person.

In all the film evidence that has been examined, has anyone ever been observed lighting a firecracker, or throwing a firecracker? Has anyone ever been observed showing a startle effect , as if someone had dropped a firecracker at their feet? I personally don't remember ever seeing something like that.

Steve Thomas

The firecrackers used as diversionary devices in WWII were long-fused firecrackers. I assume the time between lighting the firecracker and its explosion was determined by the length of its fuse. In any event, they could go off when no one was around. And that was the idea. Japanese and German snipers would light one in Position A, then move to Position B, which had a clear view of Position A or the approach to Position A. The cracker would then explode. The snipers were then able to fire upon the soldiers descending on or surrounding Position A, and skedaddle afterwards. As stated, I found mention of these tactics in WWII military journals, essentially warning American soldiers to be cautious when approaching sniper's nests, as they could be a trap. 

I found, furthermore, that in the modern military they still use these devices. But that they are now remote-controlled. 

The thought occurs, then, that the last two shots (bang bang) were synchronized by a shooter from behind with a man lighting a firecracker. To do this, they would probably have to be in communication. The man lighting the firecracker would say "T minus ten" (or whatever) when lighting the fuse (which he had presumably cut to a specific length). The sniper would then fire upon "ten." So perhaps we should be looking for someone walking away from the knoll area some 10-20 seconds before the shooting. I don't believe there's footage of that area at that time. But it might be worth a look.

Edited by Pat Speer