The Education Forum

JFKA, Robert Mueller, Deep State Apparatchiks and Machinations

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Says the guy who promoted Tucker Carlson's "patriot purge" narrative about Trump's January 6th coup attempt. 

Ben, if you believe that I have "drunk too deeply of M$M narratives," you, obviously haven't read, or understood, my commentaries on this forum.

And if you are equally skeptical of both parties-- even in the aftermath of GOP "supply side" tax cuts since 1980, the Bush/Cheney/PNAC "War on Terror," the Koch Tea Party Congress, Russia-gate, Ukraine-gate, January 6th, and the recent reactionary GOP SCOTUS rulings-- you need to do some serious remedial reading.

You lack discernment.

W-

So be it. Actually, I am unaware of whatever Tucker Carlson insights are on 1/6. I live in Thailand. 

I stand by my skepticism of both major political parties 

NAFTA, anyone?

How about Vietnam?

And the Donks fought tooth and nail to keep the US out of Afghanie and Iraq, well, not really. 

Biden is leading the way to a likely permanently enlarged military presence in Europe. 

Obama loved the China story, as does Wall Street, Silicon Valley, and media. The entire globalist establishment, which basically runs both parties, does too. 

Keep the border open for cheap labor, and lots of it. 

But the Donks add to the brew with odious ID politics, PC-prudery, censorship and a tightening alliance with the Deep State. 

Can't we find a new Party? France did it, tossed out the establishment parties. 

The Donks and the 'Phants are in the race to the bottom of the septic tank. 

When Liz "Egg-Face" Cheney is the New Donk heroine....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

So be it. Actually, I am unaware of whatever Tucker Carlson insights are on 1/6. I live in Thailand. 

And, because you live in Thailand, you're equally unaware of the difference between Democrats and Republicans. 

You really should find a way to watch these hearings.

1 hour ago, Paul Bacon said:

And, because you live in Thailand, you're equally unaware of the difference between Democrats and Republicans. 

You really should find a way to watch these hearings.

Paul--

I have watched segments on Youtube. I have a day job and goats and trees to take care of. 

I read news coverage, generally from better publications and independent journalists.

Perhaps I have become too skeptical in the last 20 years, the decades in which I gave up on the D-Party, which I used to support, and even financially (modestly, I was always a middle-class guy, if that). 

Much of the 1/6  belabored "news" coverage is slanted to the point of being intentionally inaccurate, whether it was the Brian Sicknick fabrication (he was laid to rest inside the Capitol, when it was known he had died after 1/6 of a brain stroke), or the late reports of "armed mobs" invading the Capitol.  

Much of the coverage and 1/6 activity is simply sloppy, such as thrusting a largely unvetted hearsay witness on stage suddenly, possibly as she was photogenic and said the right things.

Hearsay witnesses are worthless to any true investigation, except as indicators where perhaps to garner more info---the Hutchinson show was rank political theater.  

If the 1/6 show was serious, they would have followed up on her commentary by calling, privately, the actual eyewitnesses to the event. Find out what they would say under oath, then put them under oath, record it, and then, if necessary, put them into the hearings. 

I am entirely open to the possibility Trump tried somehow to overturn the election, however harebrained his plots were, and unlikely so succeed.

The evidence is Trump had nothing to do with the unarmed scrum the Capitol--and yes, why did the 3,500-officer Capitol Police hardly show up on 1/6, and then stand down? That is suspicious also. Think of Secret Service protection on 11/22. 

So, I am skeptical of the deepening legal corruption and crapulence  seen in both parties.

French voters have tossed out their establishment parties. I hope US voters do the same. 

Trump has become a tiresome M$M diversion. I hope he recedes back into the woodwork. 

We'll see if this works, I'm not very proficient with making posts to address multiple issues without becoming too wordy and focused.  Because of that, I'm going to address or ask about items in your post individually.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I read news coverage, generally from better publications and independent journalists.

First why do you only read coverage from "better publications" and "independent journalists"?  I read any published accounts on subjects of interest.  I trust my own instincts/intellect to dissect and determine right from wrong (in my opinion), false narratives from true and to understand the "spin/slant" of various journalists/media corporations.  This is in my opinion a much more balanced way to understand the full scope of an issue.  This is not to say I give full credence to every opinion or narrative, but I do not give a blanket dismissal until the source proves itself to be pure propaganda with no basis in truth.

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Perhaps I have become too skeptical in the last 20 years, the decades in which I gave up on the D-Party, which I used to support, and even financially (modestly, I was always a middle-class guy, if that).

Second, and last in this post.  I too gave up on the Democratic  Party, but in my case it simply my independence.  I was and am a registered Democrat, but have always voted for the person I think would do the best in the position I am voting for or was less corrupt than the other.  I have always been more of a loner/go my own way type of person.  I think that any organized group tends to lean toward the lowest common denominator even when headed by a very talented, determined and persuasive individual.  This is not saying that the best way in our current world is for an authoritarian to guide us, but it is the reason we wind up with far less advancement of idealistic goals than we should.  This also is not a totally bad thing.  It is exactly what is codified in our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the US.  The founders were warding off ways for men to individually yank the government from one direction to another too quickly, like a pendulum out of control.

More to come...

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Much of the coverage and 1/6 activity is simply sloppy, such as thrusting a largely unvetted hearsay witness on stage suddenly, possibly as she was photogenic and said the right things.

Continued...

Third,  this statement is so full of inconsistencies as to be almost absurd (sorry Ben, but it insults my sensibilities).  A riot cannot be covered in a scripted professional way as you would a debate.  The actors in a riot cannot be controlled by those filming and recording events.  The people filming and recording cannot know for sure what actions the rioters (who are ALL around them) will take and are subject to the same violence they are attempting to record.  They are trying to record while staying out of the focus of the rioters, lest they become targets.  This sort of takes your focus off making a "perfect scene" as you film/record.

Fourth, I don't know why you would say "unvetted hearsay witness".  The witness had already sat for hours of deposition.  By the way the people she named as speaking to her about events she did not witness, as well as some if not all those whose actions and words she was a direct witness to have either been deposed or have refused to give a deposition (or testify live).

Last thought on this subject:  The fact that she is "photogenic" to use your word has nothing to do with her telling the truth because it IS the right thing.  Is her being "photogenic" going to make the rest of her life as a right wing Republican, dare I say "Trumpian" any easier?  She is very young and has made a choice to DO the RIGHT thing when it will cost her much over time, particularly if delusional Republicans are not stripped of power.  In my opinion she should get a JFK Profile In Courage award.

Continued...

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The evidence is Trump had nothing to do with the unarmed scrum the Capitol--and yes, why did the 3,500-officer Capitol Police hardly show up on 1/6, and then stand down? That is suspicious also. Think of Secret Service protection on 11/22.

Continued...

Specifically, what evidence is there that Trump had nothing to do with the "unarmed" scrum at the Capitol?  The only thing I see is the fact that he DID nothing at all that day - EXCEPT - watch the unfolding confrontation from the dining room off the Oval Office.  This is hardly evidence of having nothing to do with the "scrum", but rather the contrary.  You say to think of SS protection on 11/22.  I do.  Just like on 11/22/63, when the SS did nothing until JFK was assuredly dead, Trump did NOTHING until it was evident that the coup had failed.  The only difference was in the outcome and I'm sure he was livid that he couldn't go with his "loving" crowd down to the Capitol to assure success.

The end.

58 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Continued...

Specifically, what evidence is there that Trump had nothing to do with the "unarmed" scrum at the Capitol?  The only thing I see is the fact that he DID nothing at all that day - EXCEPT - watch the unfolding confrontation from the dining room off the Oval Office.  This is hardly evidence of having nothing to do with the "scrum", but rather the contrary.  You say to think of SS protection on 11/22.  I do.  Just like on 11/22/63, when the SS did nothing until JFK was assuredly dead, Trump did NOTHING until it was evident that the coup had failed.  The only difference was in the outcome and I'm sure he was livid that he couldn't go with his "loving" crowd down to the Capitol to assure success.

The end.

Well, OK. We have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I enjoy reading other people's viewpoints, including yours. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

I enjoy reading other people's viewpoints, including yours.

Ditto.  It doesn't demean me to have others disagree, it strengthens my resolve to find the common ground or even better, to solidify and reconstitute my opinion with any new facts uncovered.