The Education Forum

Kennedy-Related Photos

I've been collecting photographs for my "Dealey Plaza Through The Years" webpage (linked below) for nearly ten years now. I'm always looking for more though (especially any pre-1963 photos). So if anyone has any more rare images they'd like to share, please post them in this thread. ....

Dealey-Plaza-Through-The-Years-03.png

Sample images from the above webpage

(most of these can be enlarged by clicking on them):

1935:

West-End-Of-Dallas-Before-Dealey-Plaza-W

1948:

Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-1948.jpg

1954:

Dealey+Plaza-Circa+1950s.jpg

NOV. 25, 1963:

Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-Nov-25-1963.jp

JULY 20, 1972:

A-Fire-At-The-Book-Depository-July-20-19

AVvXsEhnZ8vv0Ek9pQXygWpNYgB-PX3j9JkozTtI

NOV. 21, 2013:

Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-November-21-20

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

02877CC3-3729-445B-8924-600ABA16996B.thumb.jpeg.072fa78f8e4728dfe9aff79cc368b2ac.jpegSo there was Stemmons access from Main? Looks like there was access from Commerce too. I always thought there was a median strip prohibiting such use. Pic is from ‘52 tho, did it change?

Edited by Sean Coleman
Sausage fingers pressed wrong key

42 minutes ago, Michael Davidson said:

The 2 buildings behind the DalTex have an excellent line of sight

The Dal-Tex building has a perfect view all the way down to the triple underpass.  I have an image taken from the TUP area, but haven't been able to upload it yet.  I will try again later.

If this is supposed to buttress the "magic bullet" fact, as depicted in the Warren Omission, it does the opposite.  Note the location of the bullet mark on JFK's back as both he and Gov. Connally react.  Now realize that this is AFTER the fact.  Kennedy was sitting calmly waving prior to the shot, therefore the "bunching" and upward movement of the mark/bullet would NOT have been present.  Now you would see that the mark/bullet would be inches lower.  You cannot have Kennedy in this position until AFTER he was hit and began reacting to the wound.

47 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Kennedy was sitting calmly waving prior to the shot, therefore the "bunching" and upward movement of the mark/bullet would NOT have been present. 

That's not correct, Richard. There are several photos of JFK in the Dallas motorcade PRIOR to the shooting which depict Kennedy's suit coat bunched up, including the Robert Croft photo (below), which was taken just seconds prior to the first bullet striking JFK:

15c. Croft Photo Showing JFK's Car On El

Here's another picture showing Kennedy's hiked-up suit jacket. This was taken by a bystander named Andre Leche on Main Street, just a few blocks east of Dealey Plaza:

Still-Frame-From-Andre-Leche-Film-Of-Dal

Edited by David Von Pein

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

As mentioned before, the car used in CE309 & this pic is the SS Cadillac, nothing at all like the Lincoln limo. No reliable measurements of ANYTHING could be gotten from this comparison.

First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy makes her delayed entrance into the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth on the morning of November 22, 1963. Ahead of Mrs. Kennedy is Secret Service agent Clint Hill. (Color version HERE.) ....

Jackie+Kennedy+Arrives+At+Fort+Worth+Breakfast+Gathering.jpg

XX.+The+Kennedy+Gallery+Logo-13.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

From September 28, 1964....

These four Des Moines Tribune newspaper pages contain a very good general summary of the events surrounding President Kennedy's assassination and the murders of J.D. Tippit and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Click to enlarge each page....

Des-Moines-Tribune-Sep-28-1964%20(1)%20(Official%20Warren%20Commission%20Summary).jpg    Des-Moines-Tribune-Sep-28-1964%20(2).jpg

Des-Moines-Tribune-Sep-28-1964%20(3).jpg     Des-Moines-Tribune-Sep-28-1964%20(4).jpg

Edited by David Von Pein