The Education Forum

New Article by Dale Myers on Tippit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

[quoting Dale Myers]
For example, it is documented in many places that the DPD received the citizen call from T.F. Bowley at 1:18 p.m.

What would these many places be?

Ok, I'm late... as usual,.... just finished reading his book (it looks really good on the bookshelf I have to admit)

I was a little disappointed on some issues missing the details I was hoping for (but that could be me not having studied it enough, I'll admit)*

I do not like how he presented Lee... even the chosen pictures make him look bad (nor do I like how he depicted JD... pretty much the ideal family man).  

The one a bad guy, the other nearly a Saint... please...........

*e.g. : Off. RC Nelson leaving Oak Cl. for Dealy, the FBI report on what happend might have occured at exactly "12.47",  the Top Ten records store stories, and some more stuff, but I guess these are still mysteries to all of us.

I'll admit as well I was still p.s s e d off on how he talked about the members on the forum.   D. rn, he should encourage young people to show an interest in the case and keep researching it, now he did just the opposite....  O well... it's his reputation that got a punch in writing what he did.

6 hours ago, John Iacoletti said:

What would these many places be?

Great question. Myers has never published the specific mathematics he used to calculate his down-to-the-second times on the dictabelt recording, or described his so-called "anchors" method in any depth. Why not? Is he worried about someone finding an error? Anyone posing as the ultimate authority on timings in the Tippit case must allow their work to be peer-reviewed if they want to maintain anything resembling credibility. Until Myers stops throwing tantrums and publishes his mathematics, why should anyone trust his analysis of the tapes?  

1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I'll admit as well I was still p.s s e d off on how he talked about the members on the forum.   D. rn, he should encourage young people to show an interest in the case and keep researching it, now he did just the opposite....  O well... it's his reputation that got a punch in writing what he did.

I mentioned the same thing when Myers first posted this ad-hominem extravaganza. With new document releases (well, you know) and digital access to the entire NARA JFK Collection just over the horizon, we should be encouraging as many new people to study the case as possible.

I think Myers doesn't want people scrutinizing his work. Pat and others probably embarrassed him by exposing the deceptions in his SBT animation, so maybe Myers thinks that he has a better chance of avoiding that sort of thing if fewer people study the evidence? 

On 7/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, Michael Griffith said:

I find Myers' research on the Tippit case to be severely flawed. See my review of his book With Malice:

Did Oswald Shoot Tippit? 

I’ve read and enjoyed all your essays & articles and look forward to your postings!