The Education Forum

I just watched the entire JFK Revisited: The Complete Collection DVD/Blu Ray set

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I hope this catches on: I mean, Italy, Spain, France?

I just googled this last night.

Take a look at how many pages come up for the newly released DVD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=JFK+Revisited+the+DVD&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS853US854&oq=JFK+REvisited+the+DVD&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i22i30l3j69i60l3.5356j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I think its six pages, and many are carrying it.

Whew.  That is why its getting so much exposure, I guess everyone wants to sell it.

Geez, many be and Rob should have set up that garage operation.  We would have had made some money.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just googled this last night.

Take a look at how many pages come up for the newly released DVD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=JFK+Revisited+the+DVD&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS853US854&oq=JFK+REvisited+the+DVD&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i22i30l3j69i60l3.5356j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I think its six pages, and many are carrying it.

Whew.  That is why its getting so much exposure, I guess everyone wants to sell it.

Geez, many be and Rob should have set up that garage operation.  We would have had made some money.

The JFK movie: the greatest assassination movie ever.

JFK Revisited- The Complete Collection: the greatest assassination documentary ever.

Full stop.

(and, Jim--you are on the bonus material for the JFK movie DVD!)

29 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

The JFK movie: the greatest assassination movie ever.

JFK Revisited- The Complete Collection: the greatest assassination documentary ever.

Full stop.

Another man's opinion (just for the sake of "Equal Time")....

The greatest JFK Assassination feature motion picture ever made (with no other film even coming close, IMO):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four-Days-In-November-Logo-3.jpg

The greatest JFK Assassination documentary programs ever made:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFK-3-Shots-That-Changed-America-Logo.png

JFK--The-Final-Hours-Logo.png

The+Kennedy+Assassination--Beyond+Conspiracy+(ABC+Special)+Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Oh I did not know that VInce.

Because I did not get my copy yet.

Maybe I should have gone to the post office today.

Thanks again.

47 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Another man's opinion (just for the sake of "Equal Time")....

The greatest JFK Assassination feature motion picture ever made (with no other film even coming close, IMO):

Four-Days-In-November-Logo-3.jpg

The greatest JFK Assassination documentary programs ever made:

JFK-3-Shots-That-Changed-America-Logo.png

JFK--The-Final-Hours-Logo.png

The+Kennedy+Assassination--Beyond+Conspiracy+(ABC+Special)+Logo.png

I like all but the 2003 one with Peter Jennings.

Dave, we are BOTH credited at the end of JFK: THE FINAL HOURS

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is capture.jpg

42 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oh I did not know that VInce.

Because I did not get my copy yet.

Maybe I should have gone to the post office today.

Thanks again.

My pleasure! Jim, JFK Revisited makes you want to watch it again and again! I have many "one and done" documentaries in my collection. Only a select few (very few) are in the upper echelon of repeated viewings like this one.

1 minute ago, Vince Palamara said:

I like all but the 2003 one with Peter Jennings.

You "like", but you certainly don't agree with David Wolper's "Four Days" film. Right, Vince?

1 minute ago, Vince Palamara said:

Dave, we are BOTH credited at the end of JFK: THE FINAL HOURS

Yes, that was pretty cool.

Again, thanks VInce.

To tell you the truth though, I like JFK: Destiny Betrayed a little more.

6 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

You "like", but you certainly don't agree with David Wolper's "Four Days" film. Right, Vince?

Yes, that was pretty cool.

Correct. I salute an excellent early documentary with classic narration.

From what I can see, JFK Revisited is still number one at Amazon in its category.

Like i said, now I really wish Rob Wilson and I had done it out of his garage.  

On 7/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, Vince Palamara said:

(2-hour version last night. 4-hour version today. I am going to watch/listen to the audio commentary by Stone and DiEiugenio for the 2-hour version tomorrow)

Fantastic, fabulous, essential, classic, etc. This series defies words. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was blown away by the sheer amount of diverse content as presented by the impressive list of speakers. I took copious notes that almost looks like a small paperback LOL! 

Here is a great analogy [keeping in mind the "ET" controversy, which I equate to the Three Tramps in "JFK" in 1991]:

If this was the Super Bowl, this team won 52-3 (would have been a shut out if not for the "ET"). Still a huge and impressive victory.

I also highly recommend the book of the film- super impressive. The book almost acts as the unofficial "6-hour version."

May be an image of text that says 'BlurayDist BLU-RAY™ DVDCOMBO COMBO PACK AN OLIVER STONE FILM J THE REVISITED COMPLETE COLLECTION'

May be an image of book and text that says 'T J REVISITED THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS JAMES DIEUGENIO Introduction by Academy Award- Award-winning Director OLIVER STONE'

So both the 2 hour and 4 hours are included and there is commentary on both? Why include the 2 hour if it's already contained in the 4 hour? I saw the 2 hour and wondering if I should buy or stream the 4 hour. Reading the interviews in the back of the book now. The 2 hour version was excellant.

Derek:

Yes the 2 and the 4 hour ones are both included.

The 2 hour one is not inherently included in the 4 hour one.  For instance, that haunting, impressionistic montage opening is not in the long version. The long version begins with RFK on that day.  And there are things in the 4 hour one not in the 2 hour one.

For just one example, Matt D was kind of upset that the Chesser/Mantik/Aguilar discussion about the dust fragments in the frontal area vs the larger fragments in the middle to rear area of the skull, that was not in the 2 hour version.

The DVD commentary is on the 2 hour version.  

Edited by James DiEugenio