The Education Forum

I just watched the entire JFK Revisited: The Complete Collection DVD/Blu Ray set

I didn't know a poster was included.

Did Oliver sign it VInce?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I continue to be rather surprised.

I just got the press report from our PR company.

Shout Factory's DVD package of JFK Revisited had been reviewed by over ten sites, and it has been mentioned in passing as a new release by ten more.

Again, in my experience, this is unprecedented for a JFK documentary.  They usually get tossed under the rug.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I continue to be rather surprised.

I just got the press report from our PR company.

Shout Factory's DVD package of JFK Revisited had been reviewed by over ten sites, and it has been mentioned in passing as a new release by ten more.

Again, in my experience, this is unprecedented for a JFK documentary.  They usually get tossed under the rug.

It is STILL the number one documentary on Amazon and I am hearing nothing but praise for it. You are right: I cannot recall another documentary on the case that is receiving so much press and positive buzz.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Derek:

Yes the 2 and the 4 hour ones are both included.

The 2 hour one is not inherently included in the 4 hour one.  For instance, that haunting, impressionistic montage opening is not in the long version. The long version begins with RFK on that day.  And there are things in the 4 hour one not in the 2 hour one.

For just one example, Matt D was kind of upset that the Chesser/Mantik/Aguilar discussion about the dust fragments in the frontal area vs the larger fragments in the middle to rear area of the skull, that was not in the 2 hour version.

The DVD commentary is on the 2 hour version.  

Awesome thanks - Jim - I will be buying a copy - first DVD purchase in many years!

This, Thompson's Doc, and Good's doc it's been a good year. We need the rest of the files released and unredacted. We need to keep it in the eye of the people. The country changed that day and people need to understand what happened. Dag, Lumumba, Malcolm X, JFK, MLK, RFK, Fred Hampton. Not a coincidence, no time in modern history have that many important people been assassinated.

I agree Derek.

And I am glad Oliver left that stuff in about Dag H, especially in the long version.

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Good article - I see James Fetzer commented on it. Thanks for the share.

Derek:  Ugh. Fetzer!  

Jim, 

again, congratulations.

I've literally just finished watching the serialised version. (it's back on with Ep 1 now...) Had the film for a while but had to wait for the series as I don't have Sky TV here in the UK.

Again, it's wonderful. For someone like me, who is deeper down the rabbit hole than most people but nowhere the likes of some of the people here, it continues to open new doors that I had no idea even existed let alone needed opening.

I had no idea about the pointy bullet... and that was only one of the "Huh? how come I don't already know that???" moments.

I'd never seen any of the footage for the ballistic tests on the skulls. Was that general access archive, or from the actual investigation tapes??

I've visited Kenya a number of times and love that country so I adored Bobby Jr's anecdote about Obama and the Kenyan scholarships. Made my day!

I waxed lyrical about the film when I first saw it, but now with the full series supporting it, it's even better.

Well done to everyone involved. The production quality is superb as you'd expect with the people involved, the editing is just sublime and, of course, anything that brings more "Cyril" into my life will always be welcome. 

I'm about half-way into the four hour version, Destiny Betrayed. Even though I've lurked here so intensively the last few years, there are definitely "whoa, I didn't know that" passages which distinguish it from the two-hour version.

Thanks to you all.  

Much appreciated.

Tommy, those experiments are described I think in the Warren Commission, I think by Sturdivan.  If not there then they should be in his HSCA testimony.  And those pictures are available online.