The Education Forum

JFK Birthplace

Allen Lowe

Not a controversial post, but I happen to be in Brookline Massachusetts awaiting surgery this week so I went by the JFK birthplace, which is currently being renovated (during the busing controversy years ago it was fire bombed and someone wrote “bus Teddy” on the sidewalk. Years later Whitey Bulger confessed to having done this): 

F1A7B5C5-7AA8-4BFC-A0BE-36FC383767DE.jpeg

Thanks for the pic! House looks more middle-class than I was expecting.

Have there been JFKA conferences in Brookline? I'd be more likely to attend a conference there, than in Dallas. Dallas strikes me as irredeemable. Douglas Caddy notwithstanding. Something tells me, though, that the Kennedy clan prefers researchers gather elsewhere.

I hope your surgery goes well, Allen.

Thanks as well, as it's not a place I imagine I'll ever get to see.  I notice the sign on the left says closed for the season but the one on the right says visitor center entrance.  So, can you tour it in season?

You got my curiosity up Allen.  I went looking for a full picture of the front.  The two short galleries in this one are pretty cool as well.

JFK Birthplace (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

I went there as a kid for a field trip, since I live in NH. I never hear of any conferences up here. I wish. I saw a speaker at a t a college up here once, can't remember who it was, thought it was Robert Groden, but it was 30 years ago. The JFK Library in Boston is an amazing building that could hold a conference. I expect they want to celebrate his life not rehash his death, but it's a great building, and it could bring in some money. I used to be a member, but it's been awhile since I have been there.

John-F.-Kennedy-Presidential-Library-&-Museum_Courtesy-JFK-Library,-Boston_2018__DSC9586.jpg?mbid=social_retweet