The Education Forum

HSCA Televised Hearings 1978 (Video)

Lori Spencer

27 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

David, I'm going to need a citation on that because the book I have in front of me 'Hear No Evil' goes into it on page 560-562

In addition to David's point, I think you should realize that the acoustics experts actually discovered five possible shots, and that Blakey threw one out because he thought five would be harder to sell than four. 

It took me years to realize it but the whole thing was nonsense from the beginning. Blakey wanted to build his case on science. Most of the scientists were bending everything the other way--to sell a single-assassin. But some on the committee (along with Blakey himself) were satisfied there was more than Oswald, due to Ruby's mob ties, etc. So the acoustics evidence was propped up when it should have probably been shelved (once they realized it was odds with the photos and films). But instead they used and abused McLain and lied about the Dorman frame in the report.  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

David, I'm going to need a citation on that because the book I have in front of me 'Hear No Evil' goes into it on page 560-562

See the last paragraph below (re: Sam Pate).

Click to enlarge:

CD1245-Pages-15-Through-17.png

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11640#relPageId=24

As a side note here, I'm not surprised at all that there are still some people (even "JFK experts") who think that the KBOX Radio "re-creation" is a recording of the live Nov. 22 KBOX broadcast. For years, I had thought the very same thing.

FYI / BTW --- A few years ago, I was able to acquire about 90 minutes of the real KBOX Radio coverage that actually was broadcast live on 11/22/63 (and a little bit from Nov. 24 too):

http://jfk-assassination-as-it-happened.blogspot.com/2015/12/kbox-radio.html

Edited by David Von Pein

14 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

See the last paragraph below (re: Sam Pate).

Click to enlarge:

CD1245-Pages-15-Through-17.png

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11640#relPageId=24

As a side note here, I'm not surprised at all that there are still some people (even "JFK experts") who think that the KBOX Radio "re-creation" is a recording of the live Nov. 22 KBOX broadcast. For years, I had thought the very same thing.

FYI / BTW --- A few years ago, I was able to acquire about 90 minutes of the real KBOX Radio coverage that actually was broadcast live on 11/22/63 (and a little bit from Nov. 24 too):

http://jfk-assassination-as-it-happened.blogspot.com/2015/12/kbox-radio.html

David your document says that the opposite of what you claim, it says the second newsman was by the motorcade. The only thing your document says is that no audible shots could be heard. This is mentioned in the Hear no Evil book that after the recording was turned over the Warren Commission experts said they couldn't hear it. So if you go back to where I said on the video and listen David you can hear the shots. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

So if you go back to where I said on the video and listen David you can hear the shots. 

Those aren't gunshots, Matthew.

Also see:

https://www.reelradio.com/comments/KBOX+Dallas+November+22+1963

Matthew, on the page linked above, do a word search for "Karl King". I think you'll find his first comment useful.

Also do a search for "Rosalyn Pate" (Sam Pate's daughter). She says that "the recording is not authentic". Here's what Rosalyn said on February 3, 2006:

"I am Sam Pate's Daughter. I can tell you that the recording is not authentic. It was created in the studio using my dad's report and all the description of events that go along with it are not true. It was my father Sam Pate on the triple overpass not Ron Jenkins. He was having coffee. My dad was not behind the motorcade he was waiting to get them on the way to world trade center [sic; Trade Mart]. When he heard the police radio erupt with devistating information. He was the only mobile unit in Dallas to have one, at that time. He began making his live report while facing southbound on the northbound side of the freeway. Had it not been for the bright red car with KBOX in big white letters he would have probably been shot on the spot, by the motorcade that flew past. His news was not from what he saw but what he the police reporting to dispatch. There was no-one at Parkland waiting. There was no Ron Jenkins waiting to report. That was what was recreated in the studio, This can be varified by Listing to the name of the ambulance service. He reported a service that only serviced Methodist hospital. If you want the facts conact Sam yourself. KBOX should be ashamed of their actions. It only added to the confusion of historical documents and created a stickier web for those who want to search out the truth. Sam can be reached at sampate@sbcglobal.net. He has some other pretty cool stories, too. All true by the way!"

Edited by David Von Pein

6 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

WELL....I have just got off the phone with Ron Jenkins who says the tape was "enhanced" but the reports are authentic. By enhanced he says they added some sirens sfx but that the actual reports were the real deal. I have heard from many people on this subject and Ron says Karl WAS with KBOX at the time but his recollection on this point is incorrect. I will attempt to reach Sam Pate. ....more details as they become available......

As far as the "real" KBOX tapes. They DO exist in some form at the National Archives. They had them, and at last check, cannot locate them. Be assured if they ever become available, I among others, will be most interested in obtaining a copy. It is my understanding from Sam Pate, Ron Jenkins, and others that the initial moments of coverage may not be on the tapes - - thus the reason they re-recorded them based on their recollection.

PS: I had been told Sam had been fired from KBOX for using profanity, broadcast during the murder. Guess they didn't tell us kids anything. I was also told Sam's news cruiser was 3 cars behind the Kennedy car. So I am not sure what Sam told my cousin.
Evidently, Sam had been investigating corruption the Dallas Business community and was forced from his news director job at KLIF in 1966 in fear for his life, a contract put out. Again, this is what I was told, if anyone can clarify this, please let me know.

David can you copy and paste what exactly you are trying to prove with this link to another message board? 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

David can you copy and paste what exactly you are trying to prove with this link to another message board? 

Just an FYI service, Matthew. There are many interesting comments on that page....including many comments by Sam Pate himself. (Plus, see my last post re: the comments made by Sam Pate's daughter.)

FWIW, here's a comment made by Sam Pate on January 15, 2004, which includes a variety of loony remarks by Mr. Pate, including the fingering of someone named "Bruno" as JFK's assassin. Oh brother:

-----------------------

"OK, put your thinking cap on...your comments are rather silly. If I made "live" reports from the scene within a couple of minutes after the shots were fired and later during that day that the tapes Karl also taped from my "Live" reports were removed and the replicated tapes several days later. Now how in the heck do you expect to hear the shots that never existed ? Make you feel a little silly? The FBI sent them to be analyzed by some firm and they said there were 4 sounds that were found on that tape. If the guy with the 45 cal. auto with a silencer on it just how many others had the silencers? The man's name who fired the fatal shot was named BRUNO and he was from Chicago and he and Jack Ruby were goon squad men for the Teamsters Union in the windy city many years ago. Jack Ruby had lived in Dallas for almost 8 years before JFK was killed. I knew Jack very well for about 6 years before Kennedy was killed. Forget about the one man shooter or two men shooters, there were several of them and some are still around and many of their offsprings are also in the business. Me Scared? Bet your sweet you know what, every time I think about it and knowing that every one of them knows me. I can tell you, many of the people on the last anniversary hit right on the head many who were involved in Kennedy's death and somebody wants me to tell all I know? Get Serious. /s/ Sam Pate"

--------------------------

Source:

https://www.reelradio.com/comments/KBOX+Dallas+November+22,+1963

Edited by David Von Pein

11 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

FWIW, here's a comment made by Sam Pate on January 15, 2004, which includes a variety of loony remarks by Mr. Pate, including the fingering of someone named "Bruno" as JFK's assassin. Oh brother:

-----------------------

"OK, put your thinking cap on...your comments are rather silly. If I made "live" reports from the scene within a couple of minutes after the shots were fired and later during that day that the tapes Karl also taped from my "Live" reports were removed and the replicated tapes several days later. Now how in the heck do you expect to hear the shots that never existed ? Make you feel a little silly? The FBI sent them to be analyzed by some firm and they said there were 4 sounds that were found on that tape. If the guy with the 45 cal. auto with a silencer on it just how many others had the silencers? The man's name who fired the fatal shot was named BRUNO and he was from Chicago and he and Jack Ruby were goon squad men for the Teamsters Union in the windy city many years ago. Jack Ruby had lived in Dallas for almost 8 years before JFK was killed. I knew Jack very well for about 6 years before Kennedy was killed. Forget about the one man shooter or two men shooters, there were several of them and some are still around and many of their offsprings are also in the business. Me Scared? Bet your sweet you know what, every time I think about it and knowing that every one of them knows me. I can tell you, many of the people on the last anniversary hit right on the head many who were involved in Kennedy's death and somebody wants me to tell all I know? Get Serious. /s/ Sam Pate"

--------------------------

Source:

https://www.reelradio.com/comments/KBOX+Dallas+November+22,+1963

David after rereading the section from Hear No Evil the KBOX recording is overdubbed with the announcer it's actual audio from KBOX. SO, while it can't be used for scientific purposes of studying whether the Bang, bang, herd on it is gun shots. But we have a real recording that the cite you sent me to says the original is in the Archives. 

So what is causing the Bang, bang that is the exact same on the dictabelt and witness statements seems rather obvious. 

Bang pause bang, bang, like Bowers says at 5:51 

7 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

David, after re-reading the section from Hear No Evil, the KBOX recording is overdubbed with the announcer. It's actual audio from KBOX.

What you just said above is very likely not true.

But, as I have said before, the whole topic of the KBOX tapes is quite confusing and muddled.

Edited by David Von Pein