The Education Forum

RFK shooting victim dies

Cory Santos

11 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Which came first, RFK Jr. believing that his uncle was killed in a conspiracy, or believing that his father was?

And when for each?

Without giving away anything too personal (Bobby should tell his own story on this, whenever he’s ready to), RFK Jr. did not believe the Warren Commission for most of his life, but was unable to speak of it publicly lest he violate the Kennedy family code of “thou shalt not speak of these murders — or any conspiracies— while Ted Kennedy is alive.” 

It was Teddy’s wish, and the family deferred to him on that. 

After Teddy died, Bobby Jr. was the first Kennedy to say he  believed “a rogue group of CIA” killed President Kennedy at a interview session with Charlie Rose in Dallas. (Although it was taped live before a studio audience, the interview never aired…) 🤨 

It was far more difficult to get Bobby to look into the evidence around his father’s murder, for obvious reasons. I started trying to hook him up with Paul Schrade in 2008. Paul sent me folders and folders full of evidence to give to Bobby — but Bobby just wasn’t ready yet at that point. I gave Bobby Paul’s phone number and implored him to call, but he wasn’t ready to hear what Paul had to say. When Bobby visited Los Angeles on a speaking tour in 2009, Paul asked me to invite Kennedy to meet him for lunch. But Bobby still wasn’t ready. It took several more years before he was ready to take a peek inside those file folders — but once he saw it, he couldn’t un-see it. And he eventually (thankfully) did the right thing by befriending Paul and visiting Sirhan in prison.

That gesture meant the world to Paul, and I’m just so pleased that those two finally joined forces. Once Bobby moved to Los Angeles a few years back, he forged a close friendship with Paul. This was a great comfort in his final years. It was Paul’s big dream — a major goal — to have at least ONE of Bobby’s children believe him. Bobby, to his eternal credit, made Paul’s wish come true. 

(Every other member of the family slammed the door rather rudely on Paul when he approached them over the years, which hurt him deeply.) 

23 minutes ago, Lori Spencer said:

Without giving away anything too personal (Bobby should tell his own story on this, whenever he’s ready to), RFK Jr. did not believe the Warren Commission for most of his life, but was unable to speak of it publicly lest he violate the Kennedy family code of “thou shalt not speak of these murders — or any conspiracies— while Ted Kennedy is alive.” 

After Teddy died, Bobby Jr. was the first Kennedy to say he  believed “a rogue group of CIA” killed President Kennedy at a interview session with Charlie Rose in Dallas. (Although it was taped live before a studio audience, the interview never aired…) 🤨 

It was far more difficult to get Bobby to look into the evidence around his father’s murder, for obvious reasons. I started trying to hook him up with Paul Schrade in 2008. Paul sent me folders and folders full of evidence to give to Bobby — but Bobby just wasn’t ready yet at that point. I gave Bobby Paul’s phone number and implored him to call, but he wasn’t ready to hear what Paul had to say. When Bobby visited Los Angeles on a speaking tour in 2009, Paul asked me to invite Kennedy to meet him for lunch. But Bobby still wasn’t ready. It took several more years before he was ready to take a peek inside those file folders — but once he saw it, he couldn’t un-see it. And he eventually (thankfully) did the right thing by befriending Paul and visiting Sirhan in prison.

That gesture meant the world to Paul, and I’m just so pleased that those two finally joined forces. Once Bobby moved to Los Angeles a few years back, he forged a close friendship with Paul. This was a great comfort in his final years. It was Paul’s big dream — a major goal — to have at least ONE of Bobby’s children believe him. Bobby, to his eternal credit, made Paul’s wish come true. 

(Every other member of the family slammed the door rather rudely on Paul when he approached them over the years, which hurt him deeply.) 

Thank you, Lori.  I'm having a difficult time dealing with all this tonight.  One more bourbon and branch (water as LBJ mentioned, though he preferred Cutty Sark Scotch) than I should have than I should have.  We lost our last best hope 59 years ago today.

52 minutes ago, Lori Spencer said:

Thank you for sharing that, Lori. I'm happy for your friend Paul too.

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thank you, Lori.  I'm having a difficult time dealing with all this tonight.  One more bourbon and branch (water as LBJ mentioned, though he preferred Cutty Sark Scotch) than I should have than I should have.  We lost our last best hope 59 years ago today.

I feel Paul’s loss deeply. Even tho he was 97 and lived a long, full, blessed life, the timing hits hard coming around RFK’s birthday and JFK’s Assassination anniversary. So yeah… I’ll drink to that. Cheers 🍻