The Education Forum

Joe Scarborough on the 59th anniversary of JFK's assassination

On 11/27/2022 at 6:21 AM, Matthew Koch said:

I've been having quite a giggle over this because MSNBC is Joe and Douglas's favorite news source!

National T.V. news source yes. National public radio to a degree as well.

I am not a big Maddow fan personally however.

For different reasons, some of which are stated here.

I used to like Keith Olbermann.

In my view, this so-called national news reporting centrist point of view regards what is really going on in our world has been greatly skewed.

The framing of Fox News as being extremely right wing, MSNBC as being extremely left wing and the other biggie MSM news organizations ( both television and radio ) generally being more middle ground balanced or centrist in their news coverage is a false reality perception imo.

Looking at this like a children's see-saw ride or weight scale with Fox News on one end, MSNBC on the other end with a more reasonably minded balance ( main stream media ) in the middle, I feel that in my lifetime, that so called MSM middle ground scale balance has been moved much more to the right in the last 40+ years.

Fox News is not just so far right to the extreme (unlike any national news media we have ever seen before) but also truly a Wag-The-Dog propaganda machine that manipulates the news through blatant selective editing and slanted coverage, shamelessly promoting their controlling power group's agendas over objective news reporting.

For many reasons, our main stream media has lost it's generally perceived balanced perspective credibility.

In the least to this degree:

They don't ( and never have ) meaningfully and responsibly called out Fox News on their most outrageously blatant and dangerously biased manipulation of the news which violates the most sacred "truth in reporting" tenets that Americans have generally trusted most of our MSM to at least strive for.

All of our MSM should have angrily reported Trump's January 6th, 2021  Capital building attack coup actions as one of the most egregious Democracy threatening and constitution violating acts by a sitting president ever! Demanding a national outrage reprimand if not arrest for not just it inflaming and inspiring the attack but neglecting to stop it and instead keep it going for over 3 hours while hundreds were injured and our entire congress traumatized by this life and death threat attack. They remained silent.

Only MSNBC reported this event for what it was. And act of extreme violence sedition.

In so doing they have enabled this hugely financed, far right wing / corporate agenda favoring propaganda machine to do it's massive manipulated news damage which is probably the greatest single society influencing source that has inspired our unprecedented national division and tribal anger mind set.

MSNBC is the only national news media organization that meaningfully exposes, calls out and counters the most crazy manipulated Fox propaganda machine spoutings for what they are.

MSNBC is the true balance to the American political news truth imo. Not our traditional MSM.

When Fox throws out some ridiculously edited news coverage ( or non-coverage ) that a junior high school student could see is laughably far right biased, you just don't see ABC, CBS, even Politico and/or the other so-called MSM organizations call them on this.

Especially the trumpeting and defending of Trump and his base.

So, when MSNBC does call out the most outrageous Fox propaganda shenanigans...they are considered far left, even radically so?

Sorry, not true.

The truth is our so-called middle ground MSM has lost their sense of the true meaning and importance of our revered "truth in reporting" 4th estate tenets and along with that, what is the true middle ground anymore.

They have apathetically, irresponsibly and business profit mindedly allowed this farthest right/corporate propaganda machine magnet to pull their truth directional fulcrum to the right of center.  IMO anyways.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Lots of negativity expressed here in the replies but no praise for Joe Scarborough whose incisive comment was aimed at educating the two-thirds of America's population who were born after1963 and who know little about President Kennedy or his assassination. Citing new reports from 1964 isn't going to arouse interest or impress anyone under 60 years of age as next year marks the 60th anniversary of the tragedy in Dallas.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:30 AM, Joe Bauer said:

National T.V. news source yes. National public radio to a degree as well.

I am not a big Maddow fan personally however.

For different reasons, some of which are stated here.

I used to like Keith Olbermann.

In my view, this so-called national news reporting centrist point of view regards what is really going on in our world has been greatly skewed.

The framing of Fox News as being extremely right wing, MSNBC as being extremely left wing and the other biggie MSM news organizations ( both television and radio ) generally being more middle ground balanced or centrist in their news coverage is a false reality perception imo.

Looking at this like a children's see-saw ride or weight scale with Fox News on one end, MSNBC on the other end with a more reasonably minded balance ( main stream media ) in the middle, I feel that in my lifetime, that so called MSM middle ground scale balance has been moved much more to the right in the last 40+ years.

Fox News is not just so far right to the extreme (unlike any national news media we have ever seen before) but also truly a Wag-The-Dog propaganda machine that manipulates the news through blatant selective editing and slanted coverage, shamelessly promoting their controlling power group's agendas over objective news reporting.

For many reasons, our main stream media has lost it's generally perceived balanced perspective credibility.

In the least to this degree:

They don't ( and never have ) meaningfully and responsibly called out Fox News on their most outrageously blatant and dangerously biased manipulation of the news which violates the most sacred "truth in reporting" tenets that Americans have generally trusted most of our MSM to at least strivee for.

In so doing they have enabled this hugely financed, far right wing / corporate agenda favoring propaganda machine to do it's massive manipulated news damage which is probably the greatest single society influencing source that has inspired our unprecedented national division and tribal anger mind set.

MSNBC is the only national news media organization that meaningfully exposes, calls out and counters the most crazy manipulated Fox propaganda machine spoutings for what they are.

MSNBC is the true balance to the American political news truth imo. Not our traditional MSM.

When Fox throws out some ridiculously edited news coverage ( or non-coverage ) that a junior high school student could see is laughably far right biased, you just don't see ABC, CBS, even Politico and/or the other so-called MSM organizations call them on this.

Especially the trumpeting and defending of Trump and his base.

So, when MSNBC does call out the most outrageous Fox propaganda shenanigans...they are considered far left, even radically so?

Sorry, not true.

The truth is our so-called middle ground MSM has lost their sense of the true meaning and importance of our revered "truth in reporting" 4th estate tenets and along with that, what is the true middle ground anymore.

They have apathetically, irresponsibly and business profit mindedly allowed this farthest right/corporate propaganda machine magnet to pull their truth directional fulcrum to the right of center.  IMO anyways.

Has MSNBC ever put anything out like this? 

Edited by Matthew Koch

• 2 weeks later...

If you need any further proof that NBC is still hiding the truth from us about the case, consider what Judge Tunheim said at the National Press Club this week about NBC’s continued refusal to hand over Walter Sheridan’s files — which Sheridan pulled out of the JFK Library in Boston shortly before he died. Sheridan clearly wanted to ensure these files would not be subject to the JFK Records Act and transferred them to a private corporation’s archive. NBC is a private corporation, yes, but it’s news division has a responsibility to reveal all true information that’s in the public interest. So, why are they refusing to turn over The Sheridan Files ? 

(skip forward to @22:50 in the press conference for Tunheim’s remarks on the Sheridan papers.) 

(Also see @32:50 where Alec Baldwin was told by NBC executives why the documentary he produced about the assassination was canceled: “it is the policy of NBC to support the Warren Commission!”) 

Edited by Lori Spencer
Added time stamps

Nice catch Lori.  👌

On 11/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, Lori Spencer said:

Jim, yep I was specifically thinking of the 1967 NBC White Paper report and Garrison’s Johnny Carson appearance. But let’s not forget this gem from 1964. The lies start less than one minute into the broadcast. (Brought to you by Gulf Oil Company) 

Maddow used Pettet for when the JFK Act first opened up the files.

Recall what Tom said at the moment Oswald was killed, "Oswald's been shot!"  He said that four times.  Good reporting.

When the JFK Act opened things up a little Pettet went to the archives and said there was nothing new there.

Better than Leslie Nielsen.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Maddow used Pettet for when the JFK Act first opened up the files.

Recall what Tom said at the moment Oswald was killed, "Oswald's been shot!"  He said that four times.  Good reporting.

When the JFK Act opened things up a little Pettet went to the archives and said there was nothing new there.

Better than Leslie Nielsen.

“Nothing to see here! Please disperse!” 😂 

I don’t understand why nobody is raising hell about NBC’s refusal to hand over the Sheridan files. No noise about it on Twitter, just me and one other guy tweeting about it. 

Maybe some of the JFK groups on Facebook are discussing this — unfortunately I’m no longer able to access those groups since Facebook censored me off the platform. 

I hope we can draw more attention to this NBC thing. The 1967 White Paper was a defamatory fake news attack on Garrison, and an attempt to torpedo his case before it got to trial. (Poisoning the jury pool, much?) I think those files will show that Sheridan was coordinating his efforts with the FBI, and perhaps the CIA, to destroy Garrison on NBC. 

Given that trust in the mainstream media is lower now than it’s ever been, the people are on our side. After the release of the Twitter Files, the public is fully prepared to accept the possibility that intelligence agencies control the flow of information the public is allowed to know — and actively feeds the public disinformation. 

The public has a right to know. 

Even in the latest poll (published, ironically, by NBC News!) this week, 70% of Americans say they want President Biden to finally release the JFK Assassination files.

I’d be curious to hear from the other 30%. I mean, who wouldn’t want total transparency on this issue of vital historical importance? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Edited by Lori Spencer