The Education Forum

New podcast on my book POLITICAL TRUTH: THE MEDIA AND THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY

In INTO THE NIGHTMARE, I discuss the serious and

little-discussed security concerns the police in Houston had

about Kennedy's visit on November 21, 1963, and the possible connections

with James Parrott, whom George H. W. Bush told the FBI had threatened

to kill Kennedy when he came to Texas (odd that Bush didn't make

that call until after Kennedy was killed). As for a film

about Jack Ruby, there was a forgettable 1992 film called RUBY.

Edited by Joseph McBride

Nice job Ron.  I thought he had a good section on that.

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks Jim.  Wish I had your memory for detail.  That book does not have a relevant index on this.  Houston is not in it.  Jack Rubenstein/Ruby says simply passim.  But I found it.  Pages 290-291.  A Houston Sherrif's Deputy recognized his picture on tv and in the newspaper after he shot Oswald.  He saw him 3X and talked to him on Thursday, tracked down Five Witnesses who saw him.  More details there. 

I was curious about the source so I went back and looked.  Commission Exhibit 2399!  Which is actually two Secret Service reports. 

One on 12/2/63 from Houston by SAIC Bertram outlining the statements of the five witnesses including the Deputy Sherrif, noting at the start that all were "colored".  They all said he had a 1-3 day growth of beard.  One or two noted a scar on his face.  Wearing a white shirt, light striped trousers, and a green army jacket.  Plus, a bar tender who ID'd him but wouldn't officially.  Fast talking, nervous.

The other from 1/6/63 from Dallas by Special Agent Elmer W. Moore.  George Senator said he hadn't been out of town lately.  "Colored" employee said he was at the Carousel afternoon of 11/21, spoke with bartender Mickey Ryan.  Which is what Ruby said, and that he had delivered a $500 club rent check.  A Ms. Lewandowski said she couldn't remember the date, but it was the Thursday before the assassination.  Ruby has no noticeable facial scars, SAIC Bertram???  Disposition, Inquiry closed.

Maybe what should be expected from Dallas to counter the Houston report?

Warren Commission, Volume XXV: CE 2399 - Secret Service report dated December 2, 1963, at Houston, Tex. of investigation of allegation that Jack Ruby ... (aarclibrary.org)