The Education Forum

“Conspiracy Theories…”

Lori Spencer

When Yahoo News throws the phrase “conspiracy theories” into the headline — and the very first sentence of a podcast, you know it’s going to suck. 🙄

Only reason to listen to this is Jeff Morley. 

JFK: The Mother of All Conspiracy Theories

(As a former 13 year Yahoo News staffer, I sincerely apologize for this garbage. I left in September & had nothing to do with this production.) 

As we all know, the term "conspiracy theorist" was invented by the CIA in a memo distributed to media contacts to discredit Warren Commission critics. 

How many times does CNN use the phrase "conspiracy theorists" in this report about the JFK Assassination Files release? Count ‘em up! 

CNN Coverage 12-15-22

Its almost like they are unaware that the ARRB released 2 million pages from 1994-98.

Which is why Oliver said at Cannes, we have gone from Conspiracy Theory to Conspiracy Fact.

3 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Its almost like they are unaware that the ARRB released 2 million pages from 1994-98.

Which is why Oliver said at Cannes, we have gone from Conspiracy Theory to Conspiracy Fact.

They ARE unaware. The majority of my colleagues in the press have never bothered to look at any primary sources. They literally re-write and read government press releases. 

I should know. I copy edited their crappy articles for years. That’s why these headlines and articles drive me crazy. 

Had to make a master thread for all these articles, so that all can see how they repeat the exact same headlines, and talking points. Like clockwork.

Feel free to add to this thread. Anything you see with “Conspiracy Theories” in the headline or first paragraph, please post it here… 

On 12/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, Lori Spencer said:

As we all know, the term "conspiracy theorist" was invented by the CIA in a memo distributed to media contacts to discredit Warren Commission critics. 

How many times does CNN use the phrase "conspiracy theorists" in this report about the JFK Assassination Files release? Count ‘em up! 

CNN Coverage 12-15-22

Sad, sad, sad.