The Education Forum

Another viewpoint

12 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Roger Stone's recollections of what Richard Nixon said about LBJ- pretty compelling!

Revisiting the JFK Assassination in the Wake of Tucker Carlson's Bombshell Report on CIA Involvement - The Stream

Charles,

I made the mistake several years ago of buying and reading Roger Stone's book, Nixon's Secrets.  It is probably the worst book I've read in the past decade-- badly in need of editing, among other problems -- and I ended up giving it away as a gag, white elephant Christmas gift.

One of the few interesting lines in the entire book was, "Lyndon and I both wanted very much to be President," spoken in response to Stone's question about who killed John F. Kennedy.   Stone also claimed that Nixon and LBJ met for three hours in Dallas on November 21, 1963, but I was never able to find any corroborating evidence about that interesting claim.

I probably learned more about Nixon from watching Oliver Stone's film, Nixon, than from reading Nixon's Secrets.

As for LBJ, I never read Stone's book about LBJ, but I did read both of Phillip Nelson's books about LBJ and the JFK assassination, which are fairly encyclopedic.

I also read Joachim Joesten's 1968 book, The Dark Side of Lyndon Baines Johnson, which was, apparently, suppressed in the U.S. for a number of years after it was first published in the U.K.

Our Education Forum member, Douglas Caddy, knows a lot about LBJ, because he knew Billy Sol Estis back in the day.

"The new reports of possible CIA involvement in the killing of JFK come in the middle of revelations that the intelligence community and FBI actively worked to remove Donald Trump from office. This time they did not use bullets. This time they used Big Tech and the media.

This time, we’re the patsies."

When I saw this at the end of the article, I dismissed it.

3 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

My memory is fuzzy on this, but I seem to recall that Nixon told two, perhaps even three, different stories about where he was when he learned of JFK's death.

Nixon changed his story when he later wrote about it for Readers Digest, L Fletcher Prouty wrote about it in JFK and Vietnam. 

6 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Roger Stone's recollections of what Richard Nixon said about LBJ- pretty compelling!

Revisiting the JFK Assassination in the Wake of Tucker Carlson's Bombshell Report on CIA Involvement - The Stream

I read Rodger Stone's book and it was alot better than I was expecting. I'd say if you can find a cheap used copy on Amazon get it. I just searched Rumble for JFK related stuff and this interview with him came up, I haven't watched it yet.
https://rumble.com/v215bsc-sunday-special-who-really-shot-jfk-with-roger-stone.html