The Education Forum

Where Did the Fatal Head Shot Come From ?

Gil Jesus

As I see it, this video is damning and it's only half of the story.

At the end of his book "Head Shot" physicist G. Paul Chambers, the author invites you to go to your local gaming and recreation center, find an Air Hockey table, and try it for yourself. When an object struck from one direction, the energy carries in the same direction. Don't take his word for it. Try it.

It seems every medical professional at Parkland that saw the throat wound on the front of JFK's neck prior to the tracheostomy said it resembled an entry wound, further circumstantial evidence of a shooter from the front.

Finally (at least coming from me in this post), in Tip O'Neill's memoir "Man Of The House", O'Neill writers of a dinner with Dave Powers and Kenneth O'Donnell, where both describe the shots as coming from the front. This was later confirmed with O'Donnell in Waldron and Hartmann's book "Legacy Of Secrecy."

Edited by Denny Zartman

Mark Lane, in 1964, interviewed many Dealey Plaza witnesses who said that shots came from the front. I attended 3 of his events in NYC that year and the next. There was never any doubt about this, so much so that it became part of the people’s history, even though not part of the WCR. 

I think it is now clear that there were at least two head shots. The autopsy report describes a fragment trail that ran from the EOP to the right orbit. The extant autopsy skull x-rays show a fragment trail that runs between the right-frontal region and a point upward and farther back on the skull that ends short of the cowlick area. It is inconceivable that the autopsy doctors missed the higher trail or mistook it for the lower trail. Now that the cowlick entry site has been debunked, that leaves the EOP entry site, but the EOP site is at least 2 inches below and on the opposite end of the skull from the right-frontal fragment cloud, and there is no trail that even remotely connects the EOP site with the fragment cloud. 

Before I was assigned to Homicide, I had a lot more faith in eye and ear witnesses. Reliance on the Zapruder film reminds me of the Sunday School Teacher who showed us a picture of a large snow-covered mountain and told us you could see a picture of Jesus if you looked carefully enough.  Since I'd never seen a picture of Jesus how would I recognize him?

Even most cops would not correctly id the location of a shot. John Connolly was actually the best witness there. He was a hunter AND he knew he shot prior to JFK.

Perhaps it we could shelve our left or right leaning bias's and leave our egos home might actually come to a resolution to this.

My partner and I were considered radicals at Homicide because if our preconceived notions did not pan out. We would start over and approach from a different angle AND sometimes we discovered the truth. 

18 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Before I was assigned to Homicide, I had a lot more faith in eye and ear witnesses. Reliance on the Zapruder film reminds me of the Sunday School Teacher who showed us a picture of a large snow-covered mountain and told us you could see a picture of Jesus if you looked carefully enough.  Since I'd never seen a picture of Jesus how would I recognize him?

Even most cops would not correctly id the location of a shot. John Connolly was actually the best witness there. He was a hunter AND he knew he shot prior to JFK.

"Perhaps it we could shelve our left or right leaning bias's and leave our egos home might actually come to a resolution to this."

My partner and I were considered radicals at Homicide because if our preconceived notions did not pan out. We would start over and approach from a different angle AND sometimes we discovered the truth. 

Agreed and well stated. Thank you.

Edited by Paul Cummings

19 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Perhaps it we could shelve our left or right leaning bias's and leave our egos home might actually come to a resolution to this.

I don't know where you were a police detective, but where I come from witness testimony is more reliable when corroborated by other witnesses. If I were a prosecutor and paraded these eight or nine witnesses in front of a jury made up of reasonable people, I think they would be convinced that there was a second gunman firing from behind the picket fence.

The witnesses on the north side of Elm said the shot came from behind them.

The witnesses on the south side of Elm saw a flash of light and a puff of smoke from behind the fence.

The witnesses in back of the President saw the President struck in the front of his head, including a motorcycle officer who saw the President hit ( from his vantage point ) "in the face".

Many of those witnesses saw the back of the President's head come off.

Now, you're entirely free not to believe any or all of these witnesses. Perhaps they're all lying, all mistaken or all suffering from some mass hallucination that occurred at the same time.

But I find that highly unlikely.

And BTW, this posting has nothing to do with political biases or egos.

It's about what multiple witnesses saw and how those witnesses were ignored by the Warren Commission.

Edited by Gil Jesus

This Connally quote came from Wikipedia. "Journalist Doug Thompson claimed that in 1982 he had a private conversation with Connally, and asked him whether he was convinced that Oswald had killed Kennedy. According to Thompson, Connally replied, "Absolutely not. I do not for one second believe the conclusions of the Warren Commission". When Thompson asked him why he did not talk about this, he replied: "I will never speak out publicly about what I believe."[26]"

3 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

I don't know where you were a police detective, but where I come from witness testimony is more reliable when corroborated by other witnesses. If I were a prosecutor and paraded these eight or nine witnesses in front of a jury made up of reasonable people, I think they would be convinced that there was a second gunman firing from behind the picket fence.

The witnesses on the north side of Elm said the shot came from behind them.

The witnesses on the south side of Elm saw a flash of light and a puff of smoke from behind the fence.

The witnesses in back of the President saw the President struck in the front of his head, including a motorcycle officer who saw the President hit ( from his vantage point ) "in the face".

Many of those witnesses saw the back of the President's head come off.

Now, you're entirely free not to believe any or all of these witnesses. Perhaps they're all lying, all mistaken or all suffering from some mass hallucination that occurred at the same time.

But I find that highly unlikely.

And BTW, this posting has nothing to do with political biases or egos.

It's about what multiple witnesses saw and how those witnesses were ignored by the Warren Commission.

Excellent job Gil.

I reckon that the fatal Z313 headshot came from the same place as the Z311 shot that dented the chrome trim above the mirror.

The Z311-shot trajekt was close to square to the trim, & the traject passed just under the JFK limo divider/rollbar – the trajekt passed over the windshield of the Queen Mary, along the centerline of Queen Mary, to the AR15 being held by SSA Hickey.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/small-arrow-points-at-a-bullet-hole-on-the-windshield-of-president-picture-id576877642?s=2048x2048

Robin Unger   12Jan2007….

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/9063-low-trajectory-shot-to-the-chrome-trim/#comment-88774

To me this image appears to show a " FULL ON BULLET STRIKE " to the chrome trim.

I see the perfect shape of a dent which appears to be produced from the NOSE of a bullet, it also appears that the shot was fired from a low trajectory bending the chrome trim UPWARD.

I don't see how it is physically possible to do this from the sixth floor of a building !

Robin Unger   13Jan2007….

I found this on Corbis.

On the left of the bullet strike to the trim, the sun visor support strap seems to have snapped.

Also note the spot of blood on the windsceen in between the visors.

There is a companion photo to this one, and it shows blood on the windscreen and also on the visor mirror on Kellermans side.

https://content.invisioncic.com/r16296/monthly_2022_05/image.jpeg.c3de14fa6659c1f4591d0f0f16e523e8.jpeg

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz