• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/2/2023 at 12:41 PM, Tommy Tomlinson said:

Oh, is that the Youtube video where someone shoots a Carcano 6.5

Bye

Edited by Lance Payette

3 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Uh-huh, "someone." That someone was Michael G. Haag, forensic scientist and consultant and co-author of the leading text in the field, Forensic Science Consultants - Home (forensicfirearms.com). But what does he know?

Less than Dolce. Since Dolce shot HIS bullets through human wrists and Haag shot up a bunch of 1976 pre stained wall panelling.

18 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

So the fragment travelled at a greater velocity than CE399? 

So I finally found it, at least I think I did.

Sylvia Meagher spoke about  this phenomenon, "slow bullet fast fragment".

I could never figure out what she was talking about.  So thanks Chris.

50 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

So I finally found it, at least I think I did.

Sylvia Meagher spoke about  this phenomenon, "slow bullet fast fragment".

I could never figure out what she was talking about.  So thanks Chris.

That’s the one thing that is fascinating about the JFKA; we are always learning. I didn’t know someone firing a rifle could get their hands off the rifle so fast that they could avoid getting gunshot residue on their hands/clothing. However, Oswald did it 3 times consecutively. Impressive. 

lord-its-a-miracle-warden-norton.gif

Edited by Chris Barnard

On 1/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, Tommy Tomlinson said:

Less than Dolce. Since Dolce shot HIS bullets through human wrists and Haag shot up a bunch of 1976 pre stained wall panelling.

Bye

Edited by Lance Payette

Someone is quoting Haag?

OMG. 

That guy was demolished, and I mean demolished, in his own professional journal.  At length and in depth.  

And then, when he was invited to a debate, which his plane fare and hotel room would be paid for, guess what--Jerry Posner like--he declines.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/nova-s-cold-case-jfk-junk-science-pbs

3 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

If I were a CTer, I'd be emphasizing Dolce, too. For the record, he was completely ignored by the HSCA, even though he lobbied through his Senator to be allowed to testify and even though Gaeton Fonzi supported this. The HSCA never called him to testify or even to meet with its medical panel. The HSCA's forensic and medical experts simply didn't agree with him.

The Edgewater tests weren't entirely favorable to CTers in several respects, Dolce himself thought the "two" shots that hit JFK and Connally both came from Oswald's gun, and the badly deformed bullets were fired directly into cadaver wrists. But make of Dolce and the Edgewater tests whatever you like. I don't think any test or re-creation, be it LN-friendly or CT-friendiy, will ever precisely duplicate what occurred the day of the assassination.

"1976 pre stained wall paneling"? Haag's tests were in 2013 and involved what appear to be pristine pine boards 1" thick and about 12" square,

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

Someone is quoting Haag?

OMG. 

That guy was demolished, and I mean demolished, in his own professional journal.  At length and in depth.  

And then, when he was invited to a debate, which his plane fare and hotel room would be paid for, guess what--Jerry Posner like--he declines.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/nova-s-cold-case-jfk-junk-science-pbs

I've had that link hovering on my C&P for a while, I thought I'd wait and see if you were going to weigh in...

5 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Oh, yes, on scowling Jim's wacky site everyone is always "demolished, and I mean demolished." Medical professors at Columbia University are "unethical," "incompetent" "lying" and engaged in "pseudoscience." In regard to Haag, we have "junk science," "silliness," "nonsense" "cowardly" and "outright fabrications." This kind of screeching hyperbole is one reason the conspiracy community has failed to budge the needle of history in 60 years of trying.

Did Haag's experiments validate the SBT or add anything of substance? I have no idea. The article at Jim's site doesn't even mention the points for which I cited the video. A Carcano bullet went through 36 pine boards, remained stable and emerged pristine. A Carcano bullet travled thriough gelatin, began to yaw, and impacted drywall in an intact, yawing position. Make of it what you will.

Lance congratulations you have been debunked! Which is pretty funny given the hyperbole you just spewed.. 

Please look at the circular hole in the back of Connally's jacket, you might want to read more than Fred Litwin books.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2462106/John-Connallys-bloody-shirt-Kennedy-assassination-display.html

Shot in the chest: The bullet could have killed Connally but he was saved at the hospital
Shot in the chest: The bullet could have killed Connally but he was saved at the hospital

Luke and Michael Haig's demo is the same one that CBS did in the 1967 Warren Report. When the stupaloops at Beyond the Magic bullet did a recreation that debunked the magic bullet. So the magicians had to go back to their prior trick of breaking up the test. So science proves that Connally was not hit by a Yawing bullet. 

6 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Hence, the reason I used that word -- "probably" -- in my previous post about CE399.

Since Gov. Connally wasn't wearing a body cam inside his pants leg on 11/22, what else is there for an LNer and SBT believer like me to do except to engage in a little bit of reasonable "speculating" on this matter?

Then you can’t logically fault conspiracists for doing that.  You alone can’t determine what is reasonable.  

24 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Lance congratulations you have been debunked! Which is pretty funny given the hyperbole you just spewed.. 

Please look at the circular hole in the back of Connally's jacket, you might want to read more than Fred Litwin books.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2462106/John-Connallys-bloody-shirt-Kennedy-assassination-display.html

Luke and Michael Haig's demo is the same one that CBS did in the 1967 Warren Report. When the stupaloops at Beyond the Magic bullet did a recreation that debunked the magic bullet. So the magicians had to go back to their prior trick of breaking up the test. So science proves that Connally was not hit by a Yawing bullet. 

The Haags are no different to those 3D Computer Modelling New Media Forensics companies who show up on Daytime TV every couple of years claiming to have "Proven" that the Warren Commission were right. It's the same grift to try and get work with lucrative law enforcement contracts. "Hey we solved JFK... and the Cops were RIGHT! We can do that for your tough cases..."

39 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Oh, yes, on scowling Jim's wacky site everyone is always "demolished, and I mean demolished." Medical professors at Columbia University are "unethical," "incompetent" "lying" and engaged in "pseudoscience." In regard to Haag, we have "junk science," "silliness," "nonsense" "cowardly" and "outright fabrications." This kind of screeching hyperbole is one reason the conspiracy community has failed to budge the needle of history in 60 years of trying.

Did Haag's experiments validate the SBT or add anything of substance? I have no idea. The article at Jim's site doesn't even mention the points for which I cited the video. A Carcano bullet went through 36 pine boards, remained stable and emerged pristine. A Carcano bullet travled thriough gelatin, began to yaw, and impacted drywall in an intact, yawing position. Make of it what you will.

And a whole bunch of carcano bullets went through human wrists and 100% were smashed. If human beings were made out of pine or drywall, or melons, or whatever the Hell else those guys were basing their science on (It's years since I saw that nonsense on Youtube... did they cover "Jet Theory Head Explosions" by shooting fruit in that one? I know they were in with the guy who came up with that stuff...) then maybe their tests carry some forensic value.

But unless you think that shooting wood is more indicative of what a bullet does to a human wrist than shooting  a whole bunch of human wrists, I'm afraid no amount of plank shooting carries any relevance to anything other than a discussion on what bullets do to wood..

And if you DO think that shooting wood IS more indicative, then we've reached the point where I'm afraid we simply operate of different planes of thinking.

On 1/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Koch said:

Hi

Edited by Lance Payette