The Education Forum

Governor Connally's Story

Gil Jesus

Texas Governor John Connally, who was riding in the Presidential limousine with President Kennedy, tells what happened on November 22, 1963 and gives his opinion on the Single Bullet Theory.

22 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Texas Governor John Connally, who was riding in the Presidential limousine with President Kennedy, tells what happened on November 22, 1963 and gives his opinion on the Single Bullet Theory.

Completely compelling. JBC describes being pushed forward by the bullet that struck him, as he did to the HSCA. 

That happens about Z295. JFK is struck at Z313. 

Do the math. Z film runs at 18 frames per second. 

9 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

Connally in the early days said that the first shot was when they had just made the turn into Elm St (ie at pseudo Z113). In this later footage he has forgotten.

18 minutes ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Connally in the early days said that the first shot was when they had just made the turn into Elm St (ie at pseudo Z113). In this later footage he has forgotten.

Marjan,

But the video in this thread is still certainly in "the early days". It's a CBS interview with Connally on June 22, 1964. You can't get too much "earlier" than that.

FYI / FWIW:

Here's the full 6/22/64 John Connally interview (which is just one minute longer than Gil's nearly-complete version above).

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, Lance Payette said:

FWIW, in CBS-TV's 1967 documentary "The Warren Report," Connally said the only way he could reconcile his memories with the SBT would be if "the second bullet hit us both." When specifically asked if a first bullet might have missed and a second bullet might have hit both JFK and him, he replied "That's possible, that's possible." The Connally interview begins at 46:10.

[A CBS News Inquiry, The Warren Report], Part 2 | C-SPAN.org

Another "FWIW"....

My article on Governor Connally's 1967 assertion that the SBT just might be "possible" after all:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/08/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1257.html

Excerpt from above webpage:

"Mr. Connally also provided this on-camera statement during that same '67 "Warren Report" special....

"All I can say, with any finality, if the Single-Bullet Theory IS correct, then it had to be the second bullet that hit President Kennedy and me."

Therefore, the above almost forgotten words spoken by Governor Connally should (IMO) forever erase the widely accepted erroneous idea that Mr. Connally never even once admitted that he thought the SBT could have possibly occurred that day in Dallas."
-- DVP; March 21, 2006

Edited by David Von Pein

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Marjan,

But the video in this thread is still certainly in "the early days". It's a CBS interview with Connally on June 22, 1964. You can't get too much "earlier" than that.

FYI / FWIW:

Here's the full 6/22/64 John Connally interview (which is just one minute longer than Gil's nearly-complete version above).

Without doing a search -- i remember that Connally said that the first shot was early on & that JFK was hit (yes he was hit by small fragments of the ricochet at Z113) -- & i remember that Connally said the spacings were 6 sec & 5 sec.
Later Connally said that he had his own theory & that he would never tell anyone -- he was of course referring to Hickey's accidental shot.

And Nellie & Jackie were terrible witnesses.

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

Another "FWIW"....

My article on Governor Connally's 1967 assertion that the SBT just might be "possible" after all:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/08/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1257.html

Excerpt from above webpage:

"Mr. Connally also provided this on-camera statement during that same '67 "Warren Report" special....

"All I can say, with any finality, if the Single-Bullet Theory IS correct, then it had to be the second bullet that hit President Kennedy and me."

Therefore, the above almost forgotten words spoken by Governor Connally should (IMO) forever erase the widely accepted erroneous idea that Mr. Connally never even once admitted that he thought the SBT could have possibly occurred that day in Dallas."
-- DVP; March 21, 2006

The point is that Connally didn't believe it was the second shot--because he believed JFK was hit by the the first shot. And he wasn't alone. The WC refused to conclude the first shot missed. Why? Because virtually every witness viewing Kennedy at the time of the first shot saw him react to this first shot, and thought he was hit by this first shot. This fact got buried over time, however, allowing CBS to pollute our history in 1967 with its ridiculous conclusion the first shot missed. This then set it up where the HSCA and Posner and Bugliosi etc could follow suit and present a shooting scenario at odds with all the witnesses--that was in fact total nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

The point is that Connally didn't believe it was the second shot--because he believed JFK was hit by the the first shot. And he wasn't alone. The WC refused to conclude the first shot missed. Why? Because virtually every witness viewing Kennedy at the time of the first shot saw him react to this first shot, and thought he was hit by this first shot. This fact got buried over time, however, allowing CBS to pollute our history in 1967 with its ridiculous conclusion the first shot missed. This then set it up where the HSCA and Posner and Bugliosi etc could follow suit and present a shooting scenario at odds with all the witnesses--that was in fact total nonsense. 

The SBT is like an ocean liner made out of Swiss cheese. Trying to explain its failings...could fill up a very good 10-week college course or seminar....

During a November 23th 1966 press conference Connally was somewhat schizophrenic. Starting about 6min15sec in the vid, he said, quote:

" ... turning to my right to see what was happening seeing nothing I was in the process of turning to my left and I was struck by a second shot.  The third shot struck the President but did not strike me. "

This statement kills the magic bullet and therefore the findings of the Warren Commission. The whole lone nut fairy tail depends on it. I guess Connally was aware of this.  But then Connally continued: 

"I wanna make it very clear however that simply because I disagree with the Warren Commission on this one detail does not mean that I disagree with the substance of their overall findings."

Nice said. But the substance of "the overall findings" of the Warren Commission is based on the single bullet theory which Connally killed with his prior statement. 

This I call schizophrenic. 

The Connallys February 1992 on Larry King.

After her husband Nelly Connally too ( about 6min into the vid.)gives an accurate account of the sequence of the shots. Three different bullets instead of one magic bullet causing all the injuries of JFK and Connally.

She says:  1th shot hits Kennedy in the neck.,

2th shot hits  Connally in the back.  He said: "My god, they are gonna kill us all.

3th shot hits Kennedy in the head ... she (N. Connally) never turned around but  there was brain matter and blood all over the place  and Jacky Kenned  said: "Oh, god I got his brains in my hand."

12 hours ago, Karl Kinaski said:

During a November 23th 1966 press conference Connally was somewhat schizophrenic. Starting about 6min15sec in the vid, he said, quote:

" ... turning to my right to see what was happening seeing nothing I was in the process of turning to my left and I was struck by a second shot.  The third shot struck the President but did not strike me. "

This statement kills the magic bullet and therefore the findings of the Warren Commission. The whole lone nut fairy tail depends on it. I guess Connally was aware of this.  But then Connally continued: 

"I wanna make it very clear however that simply because I disagree with the Warren Commission on this one detail does not mean that I disagree with the substance of their overall findings."

Nice said. But the substance of "the overall findings" of the Warren Commission is based on the single bullet theory which Connally killed with his prior statement. 

This I call schizophrenic. 

The SBT is clearly correct (at about Z218). Connally at about Z218 was reacting to Oswald's shot-1 at about pseudo Z113 (105 Z frames before)(ie 5.7 seconds before). Connally knew that JFK had been hit at shot-1 (albeit by some small fragments from the ricochet of shot-1 offa the overhead signal arm).