The Education Forum

I'm Just A Patsy!

Gerry Down

3 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Oswald's use of the word "patsy" is revealing. He could have expressed his innocence in several other ways, but he chose to use the word "patsy," which indicated he was aware he had been set up. 

When I began to study the JFK case, Oswald's vehement assertion of his innocence and use of the word "patsy" jumped out at me. I thought to myself, "If Oswald killed JFK to satisfy his alleged craving for fame, to strike back at society for his perceived mistreatment, and/or to go down in history as a courageous revolutionary, surely he would have proudly and loudly taken credit for his deed."

No. You have to take Oswald's statement in its totality. "They're taking me in because of the fact that I lived in the Soviet Union. I'm just a patsy."

He was blaming the Dallas Police Department of picking on him because he once went to Russia. He's not talking about dark,  mysterious conspirators setting him up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry Down,

Unlike you I posted a bio. No art work mentioned. No coat name.  

I am used to blowing and shoveling  snow this time of year. ( Toro and my three snow shovels. ).  Others here blow and shovel other things.

5 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Oswald's use of the word "patsy" is revealing. He could have expressed his innocence in several other ways, but he chose to use the word "patsy," which indicated he was aware he had been set up. 

When I began to study the JFK case, Oswald's vehement assertion of his innocence and use of the word "patsy" jumped out at me. I thought to myself, "If Oswald killed JFK to satisfy his alleged craving for fame, to strike back at society for his perceived mistreatment, and/or to go down in history as a courageous revolutionary, surely he would have proudly and loudly taken credit for his deed."

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Sure Mr. artist.

Sold many artworks using someone elses name?

Wow a defamation suit against a ghost! I hope he has some pennies in his gerrydown coat pockets.