The Education Forum

Witness Helen Markham

On 1/31/2023 at 5:13 PM, Bill Brown said:

Whether you like it or not, it is a fact that Markham picked out Oswald at the lineup in November of '63.

Yes.

And whether you like it or not, we now know with certainty that the CIA set Oswald up as a patsy in a scheme designed to have the assassination blamed on the Cubans and Russians.

And we know with certainty that Oswald didn't own a Carcano, nor did he shoot a rifle the day of Kennedy's Dallas visit, and was likely outside when the motorcade passed. And we know with certainty that the Johnson Administration covered up the Cuban/Russian angle and did whatever it could to place the full blame for the assassination on innocent Lee Harvey Oswald.

Whether you like it or not, Lee Harvey Oswald is innocent.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:15 PM, Bill Brown said:

"Number two was the man I saw shoot the policeman."

Mmmmm……not sure she’s a reliable witness….

Edited by Sean Coleman

reminds me of Peter denying JC three times in the Garden of Gethsemane….

Theres more, so much more, but discrediting ms.Markham is actually quite boring

Edited by Sean Coleman

38 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

Theres more, so much more, but discrediting ms.Markham is actually quite boring

You know, I used to think Markham was goofy. But now when I read her testimony, she just sounds like an honest person telling the truth.

It's Ball who sounds goofy, asking the same question over and over, each time hoping for a different answer.

Hah!

What does Markham's confusion many months later (about what it was exactly that Ball was trying to ask her) have to do with the fact that she picked Oswald on the evening of 11/22/63?

The answer is NOTHING.  Her testimony is unrelated to what she did at the lineup.

7 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

What does Markham's confusion many months later (about what it was exactly that Ball was trying to ask her) have to do with the fact that she picked Oswald on the evening of 11/22/63?

The answer is NOTHING.  Her testimony is unrelated to what she did at the lineup.

🤣

"I had never seen none of them, none of these men."

No wonder Mr. Brown so desperately wants to uncouple Mrs. Markham's testimony about the lineup from-----------------the lineup!

3 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

🤣

"I had never seen none of them, none of these men."

No wonder Mr. Brown so desperately wants to uncouple Mrs. Markham's testimony about the lineup from-----------------the lineup!

Right.  She thought Ball was asking if she knew any of the guys in the lineup from seeing them any time before 11/22/63.  This shouldn't be difficult to understand.  I already told you she was confused about what Ball was trying to ask her.  But, nothing in her testimony in 1964 changes the fact that on the 22nd of November, 1963, she picked the number 2 man (Oswald) as the man she saw shoot the policeman.

What's with all the defense attorney games?

6 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Right.  She thought Ball was asking if she knew any of the guys in the lineup from seeing them any time before 11/22/63.  This shouldn't be difficult to understand.  I already told you she was confused about what Ball was trying to ask her.  But, nothing in her testimony in 1964 changes the fact that on the 22nd of November, 1963, she picked the number 2 man (Oswald) as the man she saw shoot the policeman.

What's with all the defense attorney games?

~Grin~

Mr. BALL. Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.

[...]

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize the man from his clothing or from his face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Mostly from his face.

4 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Mr. BALL. Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.

[...]

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize the man from his clothing or from his face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Mostly from his face.

If Markham's questioners had helped Markham by sorting out and better explaining each of their questions maybe her answers wouldn't have sounded so laughably confused and self-contradictory?

I actually burst out laughing the first time I read the testimony exchange between Ball and Markham because it reminded me so much of the Abbot and Costello "Who's On First" routine.

Costello: That's what I want to find out.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

Costello: Are you the manager?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: You gonna be the coach too?

Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?

Abbott: Well I should.

Costello: Well then who's on first?

Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The guy on first.

Costello: The first baseman.

Costello: The guy playing...

Abbott: Who is on first!

Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Abbott: That's the man's name.

Costello: That's who's name?

Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's who?

Edited by Joe Bauer

42 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

If Markham's questioners had helped Markham by sorting out and better explaining each of their questions maybe her answers wouldn't have sounded so laughably confused and self-contradictory?

I don't see where Markham's testimony sounds confused. She repeatedly said that she didn't recognize anybody in the lineup. What's so "confused" about that? She said she picked guy #2 in the lineup because he (his face) looked guilty. What's so "confused" about that?

Markham just told the truth. Once you accept that, she doesn't sound confused at all. If she does, show me where because I haven't seen it.

It is Ball who sounds confused. Understandably so, given that he wants an answer from Markham that is not true.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I don't see where Markham's testimony sounds confused. She repeatedly said that she didn't recognize anybody in the lineup. What's so "confused" about that? She said she picked guy #2 in the lineup because he (his face) looked guilty. What's so "confused" about that?

Markham just told the truth. Once you accept that, she doesn't sound confused at all. If she does, show me where because I haven't seen it.

It is Ball who sounds confused. Understandably so, given that he wants an answer from Markham that is not true.

Spot on, Mr. Larsen-----------except Mr. Ball isn't in the least confused, he's just flustered because his star Tippit witness is saying all the wrong things.

And then there's this interesting little slip from Mrs. Markham:

Mr. BALL. You recognized him from his appearance?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I asked--I looked at him. When I saw this man I wasn't sure, but I had cold chills just run all over me.

46 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

Spot on, Mr. Larsen-----------except Mr. Ball isn't in the least confused, he's just flustered because his star Tippit witness is saying all the wrong things.

And then there's this interesting little slip from Mrs. Markham:

Mr. BALL. You recognized him from his appearance?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I asked--I looked at him. When I saw this man I wasn't sure, but I had cold chills just run all over me.

Was this another line up where the swollen faced and disheveled and raggedy T-shirt wearing Oswald is placed among better dressed and groomed others?

Mrs. Markham...did you ever speak to a man who identified himself as Mark Lane?

NO!

Did you ever say anything close to what he claims you said to him in his telephone conversation with you?

NO!

Markham told the truth?

I've read Markham's testimony.

Imo she just doesn't sound coherent of the questions much of the time.

She rambles and contradicts herself time and again.

She also comes across to me as much more deeply effected by fear than most witnesses. Fear of putting herself in any situation of negative personal reputation or even criminal incrimination.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Just now, Joe Bauer said:

Was this another line up where the swollen faced and disheveled T-shirt wearing Oswald is placed among better dressed and groomed others?

Mrs. Markham...did you ever speak to a man who identified himself as Mark Lane?

NO!

Did you ever say anything close to what he claims you said to him in his telephone conversation with you?

NO!

Markham told the truth?

We were talking about Mrs. Markham's WC testimony on the lineup. It makes clear that her 'identification' of Mr. Oswald was catastrophically unsafe.