The Education Forum

Who is John T. Martin, Jr. who filmed the motorcade at Dealey Plaza?

Greg Doudna

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, I have to correct myself here. My ID of John Timonthy Martin was wrong. Tom Scully has the correct ID with another John T. Martin from St. Paul, MN. 

Both Scully's and my Martin were both too young to be in General Walker's 24th Infantry in Germany. 

The fact remains, it was a coincidence that John T. Martin captured General Walker and Oswald on the same film.

I acknowledge the correction on my original article. 

19 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

Greg, I have to correct myself here. My ID of John Timonthy Martin was wrong. Tom Scully has the correct ID with another John T. Martin from St. Paul, MN. 

Both Scully's and my Martin were both too young to be in General Walker's 24th Infantry in Germany. 

The fact remains, it was a coincidence that John T. Martin captured General Walker and Oswald on the same film.

I acknowledge the correction on my original article. 

Thank you Steve. I too am convinced Scully got it right on the identification, which I see here: https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,3672.0.html?PHPSESSID=ke6ei47inq4tgevl43bmc65jpt, which although it is a bit confusing has the raw data showing the correct identification. And much respect from me that you make corrections on the basis of evidence. A better research context if everyone behaved this way.

It seems the true identification is of an ROTC high school student who graduated about 1963, who held right-wing political views and had the Minutemen connection as a high school student. Then the military service he did would have followed rather than preceded 1963 and not been under Walker--the "serving under Walker" being a later mistake introduced by somebody but not from John T. Martin. Then he came out of the military as he says a pacifist rejecting his Minutemen connection earlier.

Edited by Greg Doudna

• 1 month later...