The Education Forum

1962 Newspaper Article: "Would-Be Assassins Show Rise But Kennedy Is Protected"

While looking at some old newspapers today, I found this very interesting UPI article in the July 22, 1962, edition of The Cincinnati Enquirer (also seen below).

The article is titled:

"Would-Be Assassins Show Rise
But Kennedy Is Protected"

Here's one of the intriguing nuggets of info included in the article:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of threats since President Kennedy took office. The Secret Service investigated 870 threatening letters addressed to the President last year [1961]. .... The figures are about 50% higher than those for the last year of the Eisenhower administration."

Those figures mean that President Kennedy was receiving an average of about 2.5 threats by mail each and every day in 1961. And that's just the letters. Who knows how many more verbal threats were being aimed at Kennedy in other ways (via telephone, TV, radio, etc.).

Click to enlarge:

The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-Jul-22-1962%20(W

This means it would appear there was nothing out of the ordinary about the alleged plots in Tampa and Chicago just before the JFK assassination. 

Lots of people wanted JFK dead and he was getting these threats all throughout his presidency. 

13 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

This means it would appear there was nothing out of the ordinary about the alleged plots in Tampa and Chicago just before the JFK assassination. 

Lots of people wanted JFK dead and he was getting these threats all throughout his presidency. 

Exactly the point. I would guess assassins we're tripping over each other in Dallas.

Chalking it up to a that 'crazy mixed up kid' in not much more the a few minutes is a bit pat, don't you think?

5 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Exactly the point. I would guess assassins we're tripping over each other in Dallas.

Chalking it up to a that 'crazy mixed up kid' in not much more the a few minutes is a bit pat, don't you think?

Most of the threats JFK was getting were from lone nuts. The guy who tried to blow JFK up with a bomb was a lone nut:

https://time.com/4141628/richard-pavlick-kennedy-assassination/

Edited by Gerry Down

19 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Chalking it up to that 'crazy mixed up kid' in not much more a few minutes is a bit pat, don't you think?

But, whether conspiracy believers like it or not, that's precisely where the evidence leads us, Bob---to that "crazy mixed-up kid" named Oswald.

Just follow Oswald's own movements and actions on both Nov. 21 and Nov. 22. If you do that, you can't help but lean toward the "Lone Assassin" conclusion. It's inevitable.

http://DVP's JFK Archives / Everything Oswald Did Indicates His Guilt

Edited by David Von Pein

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

But, whether conspiracy believers like it or not, that's precisely where the evidence leads us, Bob---to that "crazy mixed-up kid" named Oswald.

Just follow Oswald's own movements and actions on both Nov. 21 and Nov. 22. If you do that, you can't help but lean toward the "Lone Assassin" conclusion. It's inevitable.

http://DVP's JFK Archives / Everything Oswald Did Indicates His Guilt

I'm  certainly not in a position to argue the accumulated evidence with you the presumed facts you present about the case. You have many decades of gathering the information that I will never match. I am in a position to objectively weigh arguments and make my own judgements.

I am going to try to make a separate post that will attempt to show what your spectacular main flaw is and why your arguments tend to fall flat on many ears. Those arguments really aren't yours but they're positions that you reiterate rather well. 

I'm very busy prostituting myself (I feel so cheap) right now but I think it will be interesting. I'll let you know when it's up if you're interested.

6 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

I'm  certainly not in a position to argue the accumulated evidence with you the presumed facts you present about the case. You have many decades of gathering the information that I will never match. I am in a position to objectively weigh arguments and make my own judgements.

I am going to try to make a separate post that will attempt to show what your spectacular main flaw is and why your arguments tend to fall flat on many ears. Those arguments really aren't yours but they're positions that you reiterate rather well. 

I'm very busy prostituting myself (I feel so cheap) right now but I think it will be interesting. I'll let you know when it's up if you're interested.

sounds like a "must read"