The Education Forum

Thanks Moderators

For all those condemning the moderators for shutting down the 56 years thread, it's not.  Just moved.  It's been re-opened.  Anyone can converse there, civilly I assume, or it may still be shut down permanently?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Cotter writes:

It’s perfectly clear that you wanted the “56 years” thread shut down or otherwise disappeared. Don’t be telling porkies.

That's the third time John has made that untrue claim. If it's "perfectly clear", perhaps John could explain how my original post on that thread, or my subsequent posts on this thread, support the notion that I wanted the thread shut down.

Alternatively, he should apologise.

Again, I have never even suggested that the thread be "shut down or otherwise disappeared". Again, my point was that right-wing talking points with no connection to the JFK assassination should be aired elsewhere than on a JFK assassination forum.

Stop doing it here. Do it somewhere else. That's a reasonable point, isn't it?

This should be obvious to anyone who is in favour of getting the JFK assassination properly investigated. As Tom Gram points out, "the general public currently labels any argument even remotely connected to the modern right as a lunatic fringe conspiracy theory, regardless of its merits."

'Conspiracy theory', as a propaganda term, began life by referring to non-political, purely idiotic ideas such as faked moon landings and a flat earth. Now it seems to be acquiring a new meaning: paranoid far right-wing ideas.

I'm sure the powers that be would like the JFK assassination to be associated in the public mind with those who think the last presidential election was stolen, or that vaccines are a plot by the far-left Illuminati led by Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton and George Soros from their HQ in the back room of a Washington pizza joint.

On 3/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Well put in my opinion, and the Covid analogy spot on. The middle position became impossible, even in my social circles. I wanted to hear the skeptic voices but that middle ground got completely hijacked, and like you I don’t want to see that happen here. 

Good man, Paul.

So you think that the puerile obnoxious name-calling of Messrs Wilson and Bojczuk as endorsed by Mr Gram is all fine and dandy, despite such name-calling being rightly condemned by forum administrator Mark Knight?

So you think that the recycling of already refuted gibberish by Mr Gram is likewise fine and dandy?

Is it any wonder that the JFKA “research community” has achieved precisely **** all in the decades since such puerile illogical behaviour became publicly aired on internet forums?

Is it any wonder that the general public doesn’t give a flying **** about these puerile pis*ing contests?

38 minutes ago, Jeremy Bojczuk said:

John Cotter writes:

That's the third time John has made that untrue claim. If it's "perfectly clear", perhaps John could explain how my original post on that thread, or my subsequent posts on this thread, support the notion that I wanted the thread shut down.

Alternatively, he should apologise.

Again, I have never even suggested that the thread be "shut down or otherwise disappeared". Again, my point was that right-wing talking points with no connection to the JFK assassination should be aired elsewhere than on a JFK assassination forum.

Stop doing it here. Do it somewhere else. That's a reasonable point, isn't it?

This should be obvious to anyone who is in favour of getting the JFK assassination properly investigated. As Tom Gram points out, "the general public currently labels any argument even remotely connected to the modern right as a lunatic fringe conspiracy theory, regardless of its merits."

'Conspiracy theory', as a propaganda term, began life by referring to non-political, purely idiotic ideas such as faked moon landings and a flat earth. Now it seems to be acquiring a new meaning: paranoid far right-wing ideas.

I'm sure the powers that be would like the JFK assassination to be associated in the public mind with those who think the last presidential election was stolen, or that vaccines are a plot by the far-left Illuminati led by Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton and George Soros from their HQ in the back room of a Washington pizza joint.

Do you really think I’m going to waste more of my precious time painstakingly refuting your already repeatedly refuted gibberish?

Run along and stop polluting the thread with this recycled nonsense.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

For all those condemning the moderators for shutting down the 56 years thread, it's not.  Just moved.  It's been re-opened.  Anyone can converse there, civilly I assume, or it may still be shut down permanently?

How much you want to bet that it will be back here in no time?

• Guest locked this topic