The Education Forum

GENERAL Trump Discussion Thread

David Andrews

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Monday morning.   

In honor of Stormy Daniels and Trump's possible indictment, I'm posting my favorite cover of the great R&B classic, Stormy Monday.

They call me Stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad.

This is Lee Michaels' recording from his eponymous 1969 album.   I've been listening to this recording for the past 54 years.  The young man from California could really play the Hammond B!

It's a duet, with Barry "Frosty" Smith on drums.

Worth a listen.

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

BREAKING NEWS!!

In the interest of free speech I'm interrupting this fascinating JFKA Free Speech thread.

I hope Ben Cole doesn't object to this breaking news update.  🤥

337050043_762428625446870_540400608631441325_n.jpg

Dear Colleagues,

I owe the forum a sincere apology.

It has come to my attention that the man fleeing from the police in a golf cart in the above photo is not, in fact, former President Donald Trump.

Apologies, again, for interrupting this endlessly engrossing debate about the putative martyrdom of MAGA spammer Mathew Koch.

Mr. Koch's gallant defenders have raised an important question-- Should spam be removed from the menu merely because it is unpalatable?

NOTE: THIS THREAD WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE "FREE SPEECH"/JFKA FORUM THREAD BUT HAS BEEN MOVED BY THE ADMINISTRATORS TO THE GOVERNMENT/ POLITICAL DEBATES BOARD

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Thread transferred out of context.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I've wondered whether Melania has a file as well?  

Leslie,

You probably know that the Soviets were sending a lot of sleepers into the U.S. through their Eastern European Soviet bloc nations-- including Czechoslovakia-- during the Cold War era.  I'm guessing that's why the FBI opened a file on Ivana Winkelmayr in the 1970s.

But recall that Slovenia (part of Yugoslavia until 1990) was never a Soviet bloc nation, after Tito broke off relations with Stalin and the Comintern.

It is true that Melania Knaus's father was a Communist Party member in Slovenia, but not affiliated with the Kremlin or Soviet espionage.

(Incidentally, my maternal grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Slovenia in the early 20th century.)

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Leslie,

You probably know that the Soviets were sending a lot of sleepers into the U.S. through their Eastern European Soviet bloc nations-- including Czechoslovakia-- during the Cold War era.  I'm guessing that's why the FBI opened a file on Ivana Winkelmayr in the 1970s.

But recall that Slovenia (part of Yugoslavia until 1990) was never a Soviet bloc nation, after Tito broke off relations with Stalin and the Comintern.

It is true that Melania Knaus's father was a Communist Party member in Slovenia, but not affiliated with the Kremlin or Soviet espionage.

(Incidentally, my maternal grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Slovenia in the early 20th century.)

Thanks, W.  and I appreciate the distinction between Ivanka's Cold War history and the younger Melania from Slovenia. You remind us of the myriad of contradictions in Trump's personal life that he was comfortable marrying the daughter of a Communist Party member albeit not affiliated with the Kremlin ...

I was thinking more about Paulo Zampolli, the model agent who secured her first work visa and I believe was instrumental in her subsequent US citizenship?

• 3 weeks later...
Valentine on recent leak of Pentagon documents and suspect Jack Teixieira:

"I have no doubt the documents are genuine, but I believe the leak was a function of the culture war that is tearing America apart. That a general loyal to Donald Trump and the MAGA movement leaked the documents in an attempt to undermine the Biden administration and promote the Trump policy of rapprochement with Russia. The Biden administration is attempting to spin the leak, but the political/cultural rift within the military and CIA, as well within federal law enforcement, is the real story. America is in the midst of a psychological civil war, as I say in my forthcoming book Pisces Moon: The Dark Arts of Empire." — Doug Valentine

One attachment • Scanned by Gmail