The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

On Friday, Trump told Moms for Liberty that he will "obliterate the Deep State."

The sales pitch is that Trump is not a felonious skunk.  He's a heroic victim of the Deep State.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's boast about 75,000 fans at his South Carolina rally undercut by the Secret Service
By Tom Boggioni July 2, 2023
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-crowd-size/

"Around 11 a.m., a secret service agent told the News there are 5,000 inside the gate and approximately 10,000 still in line."

There are just so many people living in his head that it's hard to keep track of them all.

Steve Thomas

The housing community that will require ‘patriots’ to fly the US flag

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/03/north-carolina-housing-subdivision-us-flag

“The 17 June groundbreaking of a future suburban neighborhood in Gastonia, North Carolina, had all the trappings of a campaign rally.

Video footage of the event shows a crane dangling a giant US flag over the site where 43 lots are for sale. Parcels range from $17,500 to $75,000 for land, and homes cost $410,000 and up in this city 20 miles from Charlotte.

There will be even more flags. This development, which the company has described as “where freedom lives”, is for homeowners 55 and older. And not just any homeowners: “patriots” who will be required to fly the US flag on their properties, on a pole provided and maintained by the subdivision.”

This is the Land of the Free.

And you will submit to Authority by God.

Steve Thomas

My wife and I were sitting out on the deck at her parent's cabin in Estes Park, Colorado last week, and I asked, "Where are all of the birds?"  The deck sits in a forested area, and we used to see a wide variety of birds flying around and perching in the Ponderosa pines-- Cassin's finches, swallows, nut hatches, hawks, crows, robins, and even occasional eagles and Western Tanagers.

I have noticed the same thing by my koi pond here in Denver this year.  I used to see lots of sparrows, Cassin's finches, gold finches, Northern flickers, and, even herons.

So, it was chilling to see this science article today.

New Research Shows Over a Third of North American Birds Have Disappeared in the Past 50 Years. (nautil.us)

Edited by W. Niederhut

Trump marks Independence Day by sharing vulgar attack on Biden

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas

"Mr Trump’s early morning Truth Social post signed off with another image, of a flag which read: ““F**k Biden and f**k you for voting for him”."

And Happy Fourth of July to you too.

Steve Thomas

I disagree with Tom Tomorrow's latest derogatory depiction of RFK, Jr. here, but he nailed the bogus MAGA propaganda strategy of portraying Trump as a victim of the Deep State...  🤥

TMW2023-07-03color.png?1688391438

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I disagree with Tom Tomorrow's latest derogatory depiction of RFK, Jr. here, but he nailed the bogus MAGA propaganda strategy of portraying Trump as a victim of the Deep State...

Running for President means running headfirst into a wall of bad press, by somebody, somewhere. Constantly.

Every candidate faces it.

That is the political reality we now live in thanks to the internet and 24 hour "news" channels.

RFK Jr fans blaming the "deep state" and "operation mockingbird" for every single critical word spoken against Jr. is not a sustainable strategy.

'Effectively broke': Trump is leaving swing state Republicans in poverty as donors flee

by Adam Nichols July 5, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-2662228675/

"Republicans in battleground states including Arizona and Michigan are paying heavily for their “full-throated support of former President [Donald] Trump,” Reuters reported Wednesday.

Big donors who have historically given millions to the state parties are fleeing, largely because they don't want to be associated with the support for Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen.

In Arizona, the GOP had cash reserves of less than $50,000 at the end of March – at the same point four years ago it had $770,000.

Michigan GOP’s federal account had $116,000, down from $867,000 two years ago.

Reuters spoke to five historically big donors in Arizona and Michigan who have stopped spending, citing election denial and support for extreme positions on policies like abortion.

"It's too bad we let the right wing of our party take over the operations," said longtime Arizona donor Jim Click."

You reap what you sow, I guess.

Steve Thomas