The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

26 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

So, the idea that Bibi's annihilation of Gaza is intended as an intentional step toward a two-state solution is a pipe dream.  In fact, Bibi is determined to prevent a unified Palestinian Authority.

It is not my belief -- nor is it Biden's -- that Netanyahu is for the two-state solution. It is Biden who is for a two state solution. Of course.

26 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

As for "antisemitism," let's not confuse the real thing with criticism of Likud Party war crimes.

Biden wasn't referring to criticism of the Likud Party when he condemned the rising tide of global antisemitism.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I wish the Israelis weren't being led by Netanyahu. But that is who we have and there's little we can do about it.

I strongly sense that a public disagreement of policies is about to be made public between Bibi and Biden.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

In fact, Bibi is determined to prevent a unified Palestinian Authority.

And Biden is committed to the two state solution. We are about to see a rift develop.

It's really unfortunate that Arafat didn't accept the 2 state solution presented to him in the 90s when Clinton brokered it.

There'd be a lot less dead people right now if he had

14 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I strongly sense that a public disagreement of policies is about to be made public between Bibi and Biden.

And Biden is committed to the two state solution. We are about to see a rift develop.

It's really unfortunate that Arafat didn't accept the 2 state solution presented to him in the 90s when Clinton brokered it.

There'd be a lot less dead people right now if he had

Matt,

The intransigence of hard-liners on both sides is the main reason that scholars like Jeffrey Sachs have proposed UN mediation and authority to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  But the UN can't solve the problem without U.S. support.

Parties like Hamas and Likud will never broker a peace deal.  Their charters forbid it.

Meanwhile, Sachs has recently published an op-ed on the latest U.S. Security Council veto.

Opinion | United Nations Honor, United States Shame in Gaza | Common Dreams

Donald Trump is going to take his January 6th case to the Supreme Court.

Donald Trump is going to take his E. Jean Carroll defamation case to the Supreme Court

Donald Trump is going to take his Mar-a-Lago documents case to the Supreme Court

Donald Trump is going to take his Georgia Election Interference Case to the Supreme Court.

If he takes all 91 of his felony counts to the Supreme Court, that's all they are going to be doing for the next five years.

At some point, the Supreme Court is going  to have to decide that they are not going to hear any more of Donald Trump's cases.

Steve Thomas

This is it, my friends! To other nations, it must look like America  selling it's soul. ....yet again!

Donald Trump hawks swatches of his mugshot suit in $99 NFT pitch

Land of the free! For only $99 dollars!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Parties like Hamas and Likud will never broker a peace deal.  Their charters forbid it.

That is precisely the reason Biden isn't against Israel freeing Gaza of its Hamas leadership and influence. So he can broker a two-state solution.

I don't know how Biden plans on getting Israel on board. Maybe he'll tell Netanyahu it's pay back time for his supporting Israel in the war.

Could he actually threaten to stop U.S. financial support?

Whatever the case, I hope Biden does whatever it can to rebuild Gaza.

I wish that, after the war, the U.S. would simply ignore Israel's claims and, along with the UN, create a second state for Palestinians. And then not recognize any of Israel's claims over it. Is that feasible?

Apparently Biden has said that, in his view, the way to approach this situation was to offer full support to Israel, because if/when the time came to break with Bibi, his disagreement with Netanyahu's policies would carry more weight and stand a better chance of being accepted by supporters of Israel.

Boy, talk about completely slumming it!

153 countries voting for a ceasefire. Look at the only other countries who are supporting us!

Guatemala , Paraguay, Micronesia, Papua New Guinea. So we're allowing the civilized world to vote on the same side of some scumbag nations! The only west European country against ceasefire is Austria! Is that overcompensating for the Holocaust?

Isn't this what we use to say  about the caliber of the countries in the U.N. who would always vote with the Soviets, no matter what,  in the Cold  War?  Ok, maybe I'm too old!

State Republican Parties all over the country are waking up to the fact that their state financial coffers have been bled dry by the election deniers that took over in the last couple of years.

State Republican parties in Arizona, Colorado and Michigan are now broke and deeply in debt.

That's what you get when you put your trust in bunch of XXXXX and grifters.

Steve Thomas

“I want to give James Comer some credit. Because after 50,000 pages of depositions and secret hearings and closed hearings, I think if we give him enough time, he’s going to prove that Hunter Biden is Joe Biden’s son.”

— Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), on the House floor/ December 13, 2023

This is an interesting development about a prestigious award that is being given to a Jewish intellectual who compares what Hitler did to the Jews in ghettos to what Israel is doing to Gazans in Gaza.

Award ceremony suspended after writer compares Gaza to Nazi-era Jewish ghettos | Germany | The Guardian